Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    And me. Solves a sh-t ton of problems for him (race, women, liberal cred) and the only people who won't like it are people who will already be against us.
    She would be my choice. Actually other than the experience factor (which I think is important but in the right person hardly disqualifying) she has the potential to be one of the great presidents in our history if given a chance.

But a former colleague of mine -- a woman who successfully enlightened me on some of my own issues where race/ethnicity was concerned -- says Abrams might be seen as too "ethnic" for some shall we say less open minded democratic-leaning voters. While not a litmus test or requirement to join with democrats like it is with republicans, let us remember a good number of people who might vote for the right people have some pretty wrong beliefs about people of color.

I'm torn because I both desperately want Biden to win, but I also want America to start looking at some actual leaders who would take care of the 99%, first, second and last. Abrams checks every box for me that is important to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      It will get ugly...but yeah she is the best candidate at this point.
      I think he'll pick Harris. Establishment, connected, money. Basically he'll pick her for all the reasons he should not.

Too bad too because she would be a kick as-s AG.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I think he'll pick Harris. Establishment, connected, money. Basically he'll pick her for all the reasons he should not.

Too bad too because she would be a kick as-s AG.
        So will Klobuchar.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The only minor complaint would be her highest position of authority was State House minority leader and she'd be a heartbeat behind a 77 year old man to the Presidency
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            The only minor complaint would be her highest position of authority was State House minority leader and she'd be a heartbeat behind a 77 year old man to the Presidency
            Minor? This would scare the living chit outta people.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Oh, really. You mean the same idiots that voted for ****nuts?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Scooby doesn’t need to motivate them. They ain’t voting for joe and abrams.

Concentrate, please

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yet another example of how the right and republicans are nothing but hypocrites. Sure, Abrams lacks experience, but trump lacked any relevant experience to govern a nation. If it disqualifies Abrams (or anyone) it most clearly disqualified trump. A ticket of Buttigieg and Abrams would lack a lot of the relevant experience people say a presidential ticket is supposed to have, but on their worst days, both of them being drunk or sick with coronavirus, a Buttiegieg and Abrams administration would have blown trump and Pence out of the water on their BEST days.

Comment

This is really, really funny

https://www.facebook.com/7606381190/...867216191/?d=n
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Yet another example of how the right and republicans are nothing but hypocrites. Sure, Abrams lacks experience, but trump lacked any relevant experience to govern a nation. If it disqualifies Abrams (or anyone) it most clearly disqualified trump. A ticket of Buttigieg and Abrams would lack a lot of the relevant experience people say a presidential ticket is supposed to have, but on their worst days, both of them being drunk or sick with coronavirus, a Buttiegieg and Abrams administration would have blown trump and Pence out of the water on their BEST days.
                      Her being there with an experienced pol would work.

People are also being scared of joe with his “issues”.

Heck, mookie would be ok with abrams on top of the ticket

Unfortunately many out there aren’t as wise as mookie

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        But a former colleague of mine -- a woman who successfully enlightened me on some of my own issues where race/ethnicity was concerned -- says Abrams might be seen as too "ethnic" for some shall we say less open minded democratic-leaning voters. While not a litmus test or requirement to join with democrats like it is with republicans, let us remember a good number of people who might vote for the right people have some pretty wrong beliefs about people of color.
                        They said the same sh*t about Obama. It worked out just fine.

Comment

To counter the argument...we would look like hypocrites because we ripped Palin for the same thing.*

*Abrams is 100 times the Veep candidate Palin is but we are talking optics not context.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            You don't get to say this stuff anymore after Dump.

Elections have consequences. Your party elected a toddler. That line of rhetoric is closed to Republicans forever.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              To counter the argument...we would look like hypocrites because we ripped Palin for the same thing.*

*Abrams is 100 times the Veep candidate Palin is but we are talking optics not context.
                              Yeah, but now that ****wad is President the narrative doesn't fly for either party.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yeah, but now that ****wad is President the narrative doesn't fly for either party.
                                Qualifications, character, experience, intelligence, and patriotism have all been eliminated as criteria.

All that remains is having a dong.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X