Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Hockey Inc.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Just because people are surprised by the news does not mean LIU didn't do their homework. Having a women's team already in place certainly helps in that planning. Wanting to play in the fall certainly seems ambitious but I am willing to see how this unfolds before I get on them for not doing their homework.
    their women's team plays in a d2 league masquerading as a d1 league.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
      Sacred Heart is the only other D-1 school in that Women's League. LIU did win the conference tournament in their FIRST year which doesn't say much as they played Saint Anselm in the final who won a 5 OT game the night before.
      Last edited by The Zlax45; 05-02-2020, 12:07 AM.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

People are upset that there’s an organization out there promoting collegiate hockey? Really?
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
          Ok but what does that mean in the context of them starting a men's team?

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            People are upset that there’s an organization out there promoting collegiate hockey? Really?
            I don't think anyone is upset with that. I think it's fair to question if that organization is productive in what they do or could they do different things etc.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Just because people are surprised by the news does not mean LIU didn't do their homework. Having a women's team already in place certainly helps in that planning. Wanting to play in the fall certainly seems ambitious but I am willing to see how this unfolds before I get on them for not doing their homework.
              I mean, you could just read the quotes from their AD to see they didn't do their homework. They postured playing in Hockey East because they consider it similar to the NEC and Atlantic Hockey in competition level, they based their budget on their womens team budget, their total salary expectation is that all three coaches will combine to make less than the average D1 1st assistant coach makes, they want a coaching staff with D1 experience starting a program for that budget. They clearly think this will be far easier than it is.

Comment

None of us know everything they did leading up to this. Ambitious quotes about Hockey East don't bother me. We all know if a league will be interested, it's Atlantic Hockey. So where do they compare to those schools when it comes to resources? Any worse than Niagara? Canisius? I have no connection to LIU so if this blows up in their face so be it. I am happy to see the effort and am willing to see how it unfolds, starting with who they are able to hire for a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                  Relax. It's just an observation based on reading and listening to most college hockey related media. I never claimed inside knowledge. It's called a FAN forum.
                  As I stated in post #2, I would welcome a report (which contains facts and real numbers) that states which TOP Major Junior talent chose NCAA over Major Junior. I suspect that percentage would be very small ... not to mention that the top players would have to commit to the NCAA very early in the recruiting process and play Prep/Junior hockey somewhere until they can enter as a freshman. Most agents/advisors representing these top Major Junior players want them to receive $$$ pay as soon as possible in their careers.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                    ...Most agents/advisors representing these top Major Junior players want them to receive $$$ pay as soon as possible in their careers.
                    And therein lies the problem with some (not all) agents/family advisors. There are some very good ones who act/advise in the best interests of the player; and others who want a payday. Those in the latter category aren't big fans of the NCAA.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      From the CHN article on LIU starting a program:

Can we discuss the purpose of College Hockey Inc.? They take piles of money from the NHL to produce studies that essentially say “hey if you’ve got the money to start a program it would work!” Well, no kidding, but the “if you’ve got the money” part is pretty important. None of the schools that these studies have been produced for have started a team.

Meanwhile, expansion happens without their knowledge whatsoever, AND we never hear a peep from College Hockey Inc. trying to save the three programs that are in danger of folding, just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking at schools that will never have hockey.

What the heck is the point?
                      Does college hockey inc provide its services for $$$ or for free? Plus marketing the game doesn't do much if its LIU... it does a lot when its Illinois.

I'm not justifying it, but there's no reason we shouldn't question how and for whom CHInc. operates.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Does college hockey inc provide its services for $$$ or for free? Plus marketing the game doesn't do much if its LIU... it does a lot when its Illinois.

I'm not justifying it, but there's no reason we shouldn't question how and for whom CHInc. operates.
                        Free. They are funded by "grants" a large chunk from the NHL.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                        X