Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why we like women's hockey

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    Unless the Trump administration decides to suspend Title IX regulations until colleges can get back on solid financial ground. Sadly, I absolutely would not put it past them to do this.
    I think he will allow the States to deal with it and in the end it will be the Universities that make the call.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I think he will allow the States to deal with it and in the end it will be the Universities that make the call.
      I believe Title IX revisions can only come from the Federal level which means Betsy DeVos and the Dept of Education. All it takes is for a few red state colleges to request relaxing Title IX so their football teams can continue playing even though they have to cut costs by eliminating some non-rev sports and I can see DeVos jumping to help them out.

Comment

When starting this thread and naming it "Why we like women's hockey" I wasn't expecting the discussion would drift towards politics...
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          When starting this thread and naming it "Why we like women's hockey" I wasn't expecting the discussion would drift towards politics...
          I actually don’t mean my comments as a political stance. I’m being dead serious about what I think could actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
            I actually don’t mean my comments as a political stance. I’m being dead serious about what I think could actually happen.
            So is that what makes you love about women's hockey?
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              So is that what makes you love about women's hockey?
              Good point. I have always enjoyed the pure amateur element of the women's game. With there (unfortunately) being no big-money pro options for women hockey players, everything these women do is for the love of the game and competition. Yes, there are scholarships that are motivating but the college players aren't focused on the next level and leaving early for pro teams, etc. They work so hard, sacrifice so much and have such a pure joy for the game that really attracts me to the sport.

Comment

Working...
              X