RIT Women's Hcky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT Women's Hcky

Any thoughts on the future of the train-wreck RIT program??

Re: RIT Women's Hcky

See the RPI program after the graduation of their stellar goalie.

Comment

My daughter liked RIT and was hoping to be recruited there. What happened to the coaches? Why is the program considered a train wreck?

Comment

Originally posted by LongGame View Post
        My daughter liked RIT and was hoping to be recruited there. What happened to the coaches? Why is the program considered a train wreck?
        The team hasn't been the same since Ali Binnington graduated. The team hasn't had a lot of scoring depth since moving to D1 and has made the team reliant on goaltending to keep us in games. We've seen a couple of players leave the team for other programs. But I cannot comment on current player situations for leaving as I am no longer friends with players on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by LongGame View Post
          If your daughter has her sites set on RIT, then she absolutely should pursue it. College is more then hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by WJETSFAN1 View Post
            If your daughter has her sites set on RIT, then she absolutely should pursue it. College is more then hockey.
            It's more THAN hockey. Your academics are the top priority, THEN extracurriculars after that. What crappy college did you go to?! More accurately, what crappy high school did you go to?!
            Last edited by shelfit; 05-02-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Coach of the year last year to being shown the door. Coaching is a tough business. RIT still has Hunter Barnett. I'm not sure if Marchese is still there, but she has continued to be a smart player as she was for Mississauga.
              Last edited by Reddington; 05-02-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                Coach of the year last year to being shown the door.
                Coach of the Year, courtesy of your fellow conference coaches.
                Being shown the door, courtesy of your boss.

It's probably more important to impress your boss by running the program properly, ethically, and with respect. That seems to be where they failed big-time! Same as the loser before them.
                Last edited by shelfit; 05-02-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Coach of the Year, courtesy of your fellow conference coaches.
                  Being shown the door, courtesy of your boss.

It's probably more important to impress your boss by running the program properly, ethically, and with respect. That seems to be where they failed big-time! Same as the loser before them.
                  I know zero about the inner workings of the RIT program. I was impressed with their turnaround last year and that's the extent of it. This year for RIT was not as good, but they still had some nice wins.

Comment

Originally posted by WJETSFAN1 View Post
                    Thank you for your response. I don’t much care for the grammar police, and I also agree the college part of college hockey is more important than the hockey part..

Comment

That seems to be where they failed big-time! Same as the loser before them.
                      Is there evidence to support this?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Is there evidence to support this?

Powers &8^]
                        It's obvious the powers-that-be had enough evidence to get rid of the head coach and his assistant coach/former player very quickly and unceremoniously. I have a feeling they learned their lesson of letting the previous disaster of a coach stick around far too long in spite of his bad behavior every year, so they probably didn't want to make that same mistake again. Don't be so naive.

Comment

It's obvious the powers-that-be had enough evidence to get rid of the head coach and his assistant coach/former player very quickly and unceremoniously. I have a feeling they learned their lesson of letting the previous disaster of a coach stick around far too long in spite of his bad behavior every year, so they probably didn't want to make that same mistake again. Don't be so naive.
                          Interesting, no coaches listed. Will RIT be the first to roll the dice on not filling the vacancy until it becomes clearer on whether there is hockey next year. So far RIT has kept the removal quiet.

Comment

Don't be so naive.
                            You present the mien of someone who knows exactly what's going on at RIT, particularly in the women's program, so I thought I'd try again to get a straight answer out of you. Silly me.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                            X