Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    CO had something weird with the testing (cleared backlog?), had been going ~1,500/day and today spiked over 5k. The deaths they said they would be adding ~130 previously not included, but then I'd expect the total over 130 so not sure if that's it or not.
    Yup, CDPHE's numbers are laggy as heck.

They're starting to show current total hospitalized, and that's been pretty flat in the mid-800s for a couple weeks now. We're doing pretty well all things considered - most of the ski resort counties where this started for us are past the worst of it and have plans in place and look good for slowly re-opening. Denver not so much, just because of its size and testing capability needed.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Glendora, CA. Population 52002*

* US Census Bureau 2018 estimate
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        The irony of the russian party to worry about debt after they upped the debt due to the tax cuts.

Give me a break.

How about eliminate the dumpy tax cuts and all of the relief packages would instantly be paid for. Especially since all of the people who benefit from the tax are still working.
        There’s always a reason...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          shakes head..... nice to see them take advantage of a crappy situation to push more of an agenda that will end up killing people for their individual wealth.

Makes me more wonder why we work the way we work. Time to more and more like Finland than ever.

Comment

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/corona...-south-dakota/

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Or, it may look like its slowing, cause we aren't testing as much as we were three weeks ago. Cause we aren't.
              This. Plus it isn't slowing anyways anywhere outside of NY.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

When the GOP loses The Post a new approach is needed.

Seriously, those guys will lap up and regurgitate anything the Republicans put in front of them so if it's a bridge too far even for them this is starting to cut into the red meat.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When I was a kid, I recall seeing a map of "The Cholera Road" in the 1850s USA, all the way out to Salt Lake City and Oregon (due to immigration).

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    When I was a kid, I recall seeing a map of "The Cholera Road" in the 1850s USA, all the way out to Salt Lake City and Oregon (due to immigration).
                    You could follow the Spanish Flu outbreaks by following rail lines.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Today's numbers are not exactly inspiring the feeling that we are slowing things down. At this rate we will pass a million cases Monday and 60k deaths by Wednesday.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        This. Plus it isn't slowing anyways anywhere outside of NY.
                        Yeah. Deaths down a bit today, but new cases up over 30,000.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Some of that (CO) is old data hitting the system. Question is how much.

CO actually created 2 zombies yesterday according to CDPHE.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Actually deaths are up. According to worldometer it is 2065 for today and was 1957 yesterday.

But hey...OPEN BACK UP!!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Some of that (CO) is old data hitting the system. Question is how much.

CO actually created 2 zombies yesterday according to CDPHE.
                              This is the big one, IMO. Let's say you had/have it 10 days ago, but just got tested. Is it really a "new" case? Multiply that out. Not trying to start any theories here, this needs to rely on pure data.

I don't know the parameters they are using to classify "new" cases, etc. I'm thinking, if somehow EVERYONE miraculously got tested tomorrow, how different the numbers would be.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Actually deaths are up. According to worldometer it is 2065 for today and was 1957 yesterday.

But hey...OPEN BACK UP!!
                                yeah, but both those are a bit lower than what we've been seeing the last week or two.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X