Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    They are ginormous pansies. I can’t wait til we go full throttle and the right disregards all medicine as elite hoax. I guess the droolers can all visit those trump loving ER docs in CA who tout themselves as geniuses who see the light while committing giant, basic statistical and epidemiological errors in their analyses.
    I ignored the posts with those 2 other than seeing what their 'Clinic' was called. I wondered if they were real Docs and if they were real they def were the ambulance chaser kind who see car accidents and fudge exams for $$

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I ignored the posts with those 2 other than seeing what their 'Clinic' was called. I wondered if they were real Docs and if they were real they def were the ambulance chaser kind who see car accidents and fudge exams for $$
      I have wasted some time on the D1 side since I am in Webex meeting hell today.

Here is a good overview. https://respectfulinsolence.com/2020...logy-covid-19/

And part of a statement from American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine.

“As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        This only works if you believe you have a responsibility to protect others in society.
        Ummmmm, isn't that the reason for the establishment of societies?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
          A quick search on these dam republican rally's putting us all at risk turned up even more of these horrific stories.

Chicago, IL - A medical first-responder Chicago mother was fined on Monday for Disorderly conduct. According to police, while she was at work providing urgent care, her 26 year old son had organized an indoor Young Republicans fundraising rally to protest quarantine rules and discuss how to infect the broader base. Pathetically, the son said "we are millenials and didnt know how serious this was". In video obtained by authorities, these young republicans can be seen in foolishly close contact while shouting "Comey and McCabe lied, Locked up Donny supporters not released from prison during a pandemic died".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...ts/ar-BB13pNQC
          either I'm getting even more senile, or that is one of the worst paragraphs ever written. I still don't know what happened, or why, or who the main party to the event was. I do get that whatever it was, it was in Chicago IL.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Long past that my friend.
            I figured but I just wanted to type, "GD Oakdale".

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              So really its just about guns.

Because the rest of those things. Blocking intersections, screaming, etc. happens a lot in protests.
              Right but most protests arent in a time where social distancing is not only needed, but legally mandated. A bunch of people being shoulder to shoulder to protest for Gay Rights /= hundreds of people risking the health of others by protesting they cant go watch the game while drinking a Coors Light.

The Right to Protest is sacred, but lets not forget people get arrested for protesting all the time. (especially when they put other people at risk) These people charged into the Capitol with semi-automatic/automatic weapons and were risking everyone's lives there not just with their guns, but their possible infection.

They not only should have been arrested, they should have had their guns confiscated and they should have been forced into a real quarantine for a few days to see what it is really like. People are acting like we are sacrificing everything...this is not a sacrifice. There is no rationing, everything (and more) needed to survive is readily available. Their Civil Liberties are not being trampled on and they certainly arent in fear for their life to the point of needing to arm themselves and risk further spread. The only reason they WERENT arrested (or shot) was cause their were Rednecks and not Negroes.
              Last edited by Handyman; 05-01-2020, 11:25 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                either I'm getting even more senile, or that is one of the worst paragraphs ever written. I still don't know what happened, or why, or who the main party to the event was. I do get that whatever it was, it was in Chicago IL.
                Don’t even bother. He’s just a trumpette surfing state run media sites, then putting his warped spin on it.

He needs to go take deep breaths while enjoying that freedom he craves.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

GOP: "we'll win back the suburbs by bringing our neo-Confederate conspiracy-loving militias to terrorize the State Capitol".
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    GOP: "we'll win back the suburbs by bringing our neo-Confederate conspiracy-loving militias to terrorize the State Capitol".
                    They may be thinking that's how to hold rural counties in MI, WI, and PA. And they may be right.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      They may be thinking that's how to hold rural counties in MI, WI, and PA. And they WILL be right.
                      FYP

Now whether or not that wins elections is another story. If we turn out the people with an even modest amount of critical thinking ability we might see an election like 2018.

Is everyone reminding their friends, family and neighbors to make sure they are registered properly and already making their plan to vote? It's more than just saying "I'm gonna vote." Do they know their (current -- it could change) polling location? Do they know the rules in their state about absentee/vote by mail? Are they already making preliminary plans on how they will accomplish casting a ballot in 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        FYP

Now whether or not that wins elections is another story. If we turn out the people with an even modest amount of critical thinking ability we might see an election like 2018.

Is everyone reminding their friends, family and neighbors to make sure they are registered properly and already making their plan to vote? It's more than just saying "I'm gonna vote." Do they know their (current -- it could change) polling location? Do they know the rules in their state about absentee/vote by mail? Are they already making preliminary plans on how they will accomplish casting a ballot in 2020?
                        Yes, this is very important. GOP disenfranchisement can only be ultimately stopped systemically, but in the meantime it can be defeated one-on-one if the voter is actively protecting her vote. So, you keep making sure you are on the rolls and you provide all the bureaucratic BS they put up as hurdles. You keep current ID and make sure you know whether they are planning to pull a switch at the last minute. And you remind all your friends and family.

We're white; the Republicans don't stop us from voting with guns yet. (If you're black they use the cops, the injustice system, mass incarceration, and felony disenfranchisement. If you're brown they use concentration camps.) We can stay ahead of them -- in the end, they aren't smart or they wouldn't be Republicans; you can observe that with the D-1 interlopers here. They have the animal guile of the con artist or the bully, but actual intelligence will always beat them.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. When the right controls the government the government itself becomes the enemy of democratic institutions. We must be aware of this and correct for it at every step.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2020, 12:26 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

DHS just put in an order for 100,000 more body bags.

Must be that whole opening up thing.

Comment

And, Georgia has 1000 new cases in the last 24 hours.

Opening up today.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              And, Georgia has 1000 new cases in the last 24 hours.

Opening up today.
                              Whoa. That seems like a lot of cases. (NY had 2700 new cases so maybe not.)
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Whoa. That seems like a lot of cases. (NY had 2700 new cases so maybe not.)
                                It is a lot of new cases for Georgia...for NY 2700 is headed in the right direction.

Georgia is only going to get worse in the next two weeks and beyond.

The thing that should be scaring people is that even though New York is going down in cases and deaths the overall number across the country is not going down to match. That means it is rising in other places to match. It was one thing when we lost 2k people a day and 1/3 came from one area but now that isnt how it is playing out.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X