Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Speaking of law and order

Comment

Some good stuff in here

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        When you say the unions, do you mean the leadership of the union and official communications, or the rank-and-file? The union I currently work for is all about following CDC guidelines, supporting governors who are showing true leadership and letting science and evidence guide decisions. The members though are almost all lined up on the opposite side and the vast majority of them who will bother to vote will be voting for trump. In February COVID-19 was a hoax and now that they are tired of hunkering down at home, orders like "safer at home" are unconstitutional. Many do want their 2 weeks of paid sick time to stay home though, and quite a few have taken advantage of 2/3rds pay to utilize leave time to care for children. Hypocrites, one and all.
        The ones I know of want to be cautious. I'm sure the vocal ones who were dumb enough to vote for dumpy want to take their pay cuts while the companies have been buying back stocks.

People do want to work, sure. But they seem to want to be careful.

Comment

The post-Trump FBI needs to be rebuilt and unchained from keeping tabs on domestic terror cells like the Oath Keepers and all these various state militia groups.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            The post-Trump FBI needs to be rebuilt and unchained from keeping tabs on domestic terror cells like the Oath Keepers and all these various state militia groups.
            The state authorities should be doing it right now. These idiot terrorists charging into the capitol in Michigan armed to the teeth weren't just carrying their weapons, they were brandishing their weapons. While the former is usually a protected right, the latter is a crime. In Michigan in fact I believe the standard is only carrying or displaying the weapon in a manner to induce fear in a reasonable person. In an age of mass shootings, in fact when lawmakers have been targeted, how can any reasonable person conclude that the protesters weren't attempting to induce fear in some lawmakers, thus committing a crime?

There is some truth to the notion that if we just enforced the gun laws already on the books properly, we'd be a lot further ahead in the game of lessening gun violence. Which doesn't mean we need monster sized clips and weapons that are easy to convert into or mimic full automatic weapons. We don't and they should be eliminated today. But at least enforce the laws that already exist.

Comment

A few of these people need to be shot, just like they would be if they were unarmed black folk.

These nuts might think a bit before attending their next rage-fest.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                The state authorities should be doing it right now. These idiot terrorists charging into the capitol in Michigan armed to the teeth weren't just carrying their weapons, they were brandishing their weapons. While the former is usually a protected right, the latter is a crime. In Michigan in fact I believe the standard is only carrying or displaying the weapon in a manner to induce fear in a reasonable person. In an age of mass shootings, in fact when lawmakers have been targeted, how can any reasonable person conclude that the protesters weren't attempting to induce fear in some lawmakers, thus committing a crime?

There is some truth to the notion that if we just enforced the gun laws already on the books properly, we'd be a lot further ahead in the game of lessening gun violence. Which doesn't mean we need monster sized clips and weapons that are easy to convert into or mimic full automatic weapons. We don't and they should be eliminated today. But at least enforce the laws that already exist.
                I believe "brandishing" in Michigan is defined as "to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in a reasonable person."

The 'display in a threatening manner with intent to induce fear in a reasonable person' is, unfortunately, up for interpretation by a lawyer despite that being exactly why they were wearing their rifles like Dora the Explorer backpacks around the capitol.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Portland, Maine, Population 66417*

Now at a fifteenth of a million (more or less....).

* US Census Bureau 2018 estimate
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Comment

Goddam, it's gonna get ugly in those southern and rural parts of the country, especially the ones easing social distancing, or never implemented it in the first place.

the sheer numbers may not be as large as in NYC and the other big cities, just because of geographical distance, it may not explode exponentially as it did there, but it's gonna be steady, and long term.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I believe "brandishing" in Michigan is defined as "to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in a reasonable person."

The 'display in a threatening manner with intent to induce fear in a reasonable person' is, unfortunately, up for interpretation by a lawyer despite that being exactly why they were wearing their rifles like Dora the Explorer backpacks around the capitol.
                        The terms in your definition are the correct ones. Display being the key one. Some of those lawmakers need to testify they were afraid for their lives and safety due to the action of some of the protesters displaying weapons. I have no doubt they would be telling the truth. We know police officers have forever gotten away with shooting unarmed people by testifying they were in fear for their safety. In fact, that claim is even true sometimes and someone like me (who rarely thinks cops act well) believes they acted appropriately in discharging their firearm. These people were not displaying the semi automatic rifles because they just happened to have them on hand. Many things in the law are perception, and this is one of those things. I think it is worth pursuing. I'm willing to bet most probably don't agree with me, even some who have even more progressive views about gun control than I currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Goddam, it's gonna get ugly in those southern and rural parts of the country, especially the ones easing social distancing, or never implemented it in the first place.

the sheer numbers may not be as large as in NYC and the other big cities, just because of geographical distance, it may not explode exponentially as it did there, but it's gonna be steady, and long term.
                          Probability question that I have forgotten how to do.

p - population of marbles
                          r - number of removed marbles
                          t - mean number of touches for a marble
                          k - number of marbles that have touched a removed marble

Characterize f(p, r, t, k)

Characterize g(p, r, t) when k/p > .5

I think if we assume r is distributed evenly through p then we can restate the problem as:

d - ratio of removed marbles over all marbles
                          s - ratio of touches for a marble over all marbles
                          b - ratio of marbles that have touched a removed marble over all marbles

Characterize f(d, t, b)

Characterize g(d, t) when b > .5

p - population
                          r - removal
                          t - touch
                          k - knowing
                          d - death
                          s - sociability
                          b - bereavement
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-03-2020, 12:46 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My feelings are shifting from mild sympathy because of their ignorance (stupidity?) to a more unnerving feeling of “bring it on” as your rights end when my or my family’s life is threatened by your behavior.

This.could.be.bad.
                            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                            Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              My feelings are shifting from mild sympathy because of their ignorance (stupidity?) to a more unnerving feeling of “bring it on” as your rights end when my or my family’s life is threatened by your behavior.

This.could.be.bad.
                              I'm past the point of caring. Give them heroin, give them COVID blankets.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Local law enforcement and federal know about this. A top cop neighbor of mine told me that the briefings they received from the feds scared the **** out of them when it came to white radicals. it’s going to be the biggest cause for concern in the next ten years.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X