Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

We have an extensive body of law to guide us on due process and first amendment issues in the context of civil protest. Unless something truly different comes along, there's not a lot of room for debate other than our own positions on the substantive issue (SIP Orders).

Comment

Keep it classy, Grand Rapids.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/01/flight...irus-lockdown/

Comment

Arbeit machts frei. So creative, protestors

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nuvbQ5uqVPqaVg

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Surprised he didn't end up with a wang.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ankeny, Iowa, Population 65284*

* US Census Bureau 2018 estimate
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              A lot of things. Or nothing.

My point is, some people are beeching about THESE protesters, but weren't beeching about the BLM protesters. Hypocrites.

I'm looking at them in the same way.
              It's almost like there are different circumstances present today wherein people being in close quarters constitute an active threat to public health.

Comment

I'm a little concerned about the antibody test results Cuomo is touting. First, I don't know a lot about antibody testing but I would be very cautious if they exclude a couple things:
                1. Specificity of the tests (essentially gives the number of false positives). This is especially important given that we don't seem to know if someone who had a different coronavirus that's essentially harmless but has not been infected by COVID-19 could give a positive result on these tests.
                2. How they selected the samples
                3. A caution that a positive test result doesn't mean you're immune, even if it's not a false positive. We don't know that yet. We can predict, but we don't know.
                4. Relatedly, if the false positive rate is fairly high, that's... not good.
                5. How did they process the data.
                6. Whether they are using resolved cases that correspond to the sampling dates to determine any kind of fatality rate

Regarding point 4, there's a great short video from Pro Publica (I really, really need to subscribe/donate to them) that helps explain why proportion of FP to total positives is important:

For point 5, here's a fairly good but dense thread on why there are some issues with the studies coming out of Santa Clara right now and why they might be important for the NY testing results.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Even threw "I have Jewish friends." out there. If she did, she shouldn't anymore.

But she totally doesn't. We all know that.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Once again, the true nature of the Dumpsters comes out.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      It's almost like there are different circumstances present today wherein people being in close quarters constitute an active threat to public health.
                      nah, Rube's in favor of that, as long as they're healthy. Why should they have to change their lives?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And roofie once again is the pigeon that is playing chess.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Morons. NYC.

Morons. DC.

Let's celebrate our health care workers by packing the hospitals.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              And roofie once again is the pigeon that is playing chess.
                              If it sounds stupid, its only because I'm quoting you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Morons. NYC.

Morons. DC.

Let's celebrate our health care workers by packing the hospitals.
                                The correct term is Covidiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X