D1 Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Coaching Changes

Associate Head Coach and former Bemidji State player Amber Fryklund will be "trading coaching for teaching" as she will become an assistant professor at BSU. Best of luck to her!

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...g-for-teaching
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: D1 Coaching Changes

Really worried about the status of some programs right now
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Really worried about the status of some programs right now
      Why? What do you mean exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Why? What do you mean exactly?
        With all college sports closed down nationwide athletic departments are facing huge deficits for the foreseeable future. If schools lose their football and men's basketball seasons the financial situation for many schools' athletic departments will be dire. If that comes to pass many AD's will be looking to cut expenses, especially for their non-revenue programs. I think we all need to hope that there is a football season so schools at least maintain their revenue streams from their television contracts. Revenues from ticket sales (attendance) for most schools are almost assured to be down.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          With all college sports closed down nationwide athletic departments are facing huge deficits for the foreseeable future. If schools lose their football and men's basketball seasons the financial situation for many schools' athletic departments will be dire. If that comes to pass many AD's will be looking to cut expenses, especially for their non-revenue programs. I think we all need to hope that there is a football season so schools at least maintain their revenue streams from their television contracts. Revenues from ticket sales (attendance) for most schools are almost assured to be down.
          Short of something changing drastically, I don't see how any team sport goes forward and manages to have a 'season'.

Never mind crowds and travel concerns (which are significant), what happens when a player on the team gets diagnosed mid-week before a game? The whole team gets quarantined for two weeks, and no games get played for that period? They play anyway, and infect the other team? The nature of team sports is such that if one player gets infected, ten get infected. And the 14 day quarantine becomes a six week rolling 14-day quarantine. (Ever watch women's volleyball? They huddle and exchange "fives" literally after every point.) And for six weeks, no games. Teams play half a schedule, if they're lucky. Standings are essentially meaningless. Etc Etc

I don't see any football (college or pro), or hockey, or - the one that's gonna really bother me - volleyball. Wisconsin volleyball is a favorite, mybe THE favorite, to win the NCAA championship this coming year. And they will probably never take the court.

And, yes, the financial impacts will be quite severe.
          Last edited by robertearle; 04-18-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            I see what you're saying. I think many of those same AD's should lead by example and take a cut in their salary because most of them are way overpaid in the first place.

Comment

Whistling, fiddling . . . we've all been furloughed and now just hang out at the thread water cooler du jour. Peace.
              Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 04-18-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                Whistling, fiddling . . . we've all been furloughed and now just hang out at the thread water cooler du jour. Peace.
                I really do not think there will be any coaching changes, however if there are any expiring contracts, I do anticipate some schools rolling the dice on there being no sports next year and not extending or replacing current coaches.

I just read an article addressed to Seniors HS 2020, advising the Seniors to defer admission for a year.

This is going to be an uncertain summer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                  I really do not think there will be any coaching changes, however if there are any expiring contracts, I do anticipate some schools rolling the dice on there being no sports next year and not extending or replacing current coaches.

I just read an article addressed to Seniors HS 2020, advising the Seniors to defer admission for a year.

This is going to be an uncertain summer for sure.
                  No changes expect for Muzzy of course. It would be unprecedented for her to retain the same staff for a 2nd consecutive season.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I agree. Are you talking about COVID-19 or...... the abusive head coach duo at RIT (CD & HG)???... What a joke.

Comment

[QUOTE=123hockey4567;6941578]I agree. Are you talking about COVID-19 or...... the abusive head coach duo at RIT (CD & HG)???... What a joke.[/QUOTe

In general because of Covid 19. No take on RIT other than I would have to guess he signed a three year contract. This would be his second year so I don't think a non-extension would apply. The John Hopkins lax coach was not extended and was let go as an example.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reddington;6941580]
                        Originally posted by 123hockey4567 View Post
                        I agree. Are you talking about COVID-19 or...... the abusive head coach duo at RIT (CD & HG)???... What a joke.[/QUOTe

In general because of Covid 19. No take on RIT other than I would have to guess he signed a three year contract. This would be his second year so I don't think a non-extension would apply. The John Hopkins lax coach was not extended and was let go as an example.
                        i dont think the three yr contract will mean anything. rumor has it CD is under the scope and rightfully so

Comment

I agree. Are you talking about COVID-19 or...... the abusive head coach duo at RIT (CD & HG)???... What a joke.
                          So we all know who CD is but who the heck is HG? There's nobody on their website with those initials. Do you mean HMcG? I thought most people knew CD was the same way at Adrian before going over to RIT. I recall some on here warned of it when he was in the mix for the job at RIT. He's very similar to what they had before. Maybe that's what the AD was used to so that's what he got again. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            So we all know who CD is but who the heck is HG? There's nobody on their website with those initials. Do you mean HMcG? I thought most people knew CD was the same way at Adrian before going over to RIT. I recall some on here warned of it when he was in the mix for the job at RIT. He's very similar to what they had before. Maybe that's what the AD was used to so that's what he got again. Lmao.
                            What is this, some kind of a "Clue" game to figure out who all the suspects are?

Comment

the abusive head coach duo at RIT (CD & HG)???... What a joke.
                              Someone at RIT must have agreed...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X