Stimulus checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stimulus checks

Mine will go right back into my savings account, because I owed in just over that amount for this years taxes. Stupid employer not withholding enough.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So fun times, wife and I do married filing separately due to her student loans (she'll hit the 10 years for PSLF in February 2021). Which has always been a bit of an adventure for taxes cause no software handles that situation well. I end up doing my state return by hand (well, using the fillable PDFs provided by the state, but they have to be mailed in rather than e-filed).

This year, TurboTax farked us by having me list my daughter as a dependent even though my wife is claiming her for tax purposes and I wasn't claiming the child tax credit. Because I filed first and had her listed on the return, my wife's return was rejected and we had to mail hers in. I also had to mail in an amended return. This was all done back in the first week of March.

Went to enter our bank information for the coronavirus payments, mine sailed through but the IRS won't let us enter hers because they can't verify whether she's eligible or not.

I'm going to guess this also means that because they've received but haven't processed my amended return, my check is going to wind up being too high (because I'll get the $500 for the dependent even though I shouldn't) and we'll have to deal with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        No. But the website to enter your direct deposit info is now up, though it's slow due to the heavy traffic.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
        "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time." is the answer I get. I've gotten that multiple times.

I'm not sure if that means that the site has failed or if there is something up with my info. That's what I'm trying to determine.

Like I've said, I paid in 2017 & 2018. Haven't filed for 2019 because I will owe and wasn't sure how this will play out. Figured I would use the extension until July.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I got mine...and unless they changed it I got too much. If you made more than $75k it was supposed prorate down but I got the full amount.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time." is the answer I get. I've gotten that multiple times.

I'm not sure if that means that the site has failed or if there is something up with my info. That's what I'm trying to determine.

Like I've said, I paid in 2017 & 2018. Haven't filed for 2019 because I will owe and wasn't sure how this will play out. Figured I would use the extension until July.
            That is what mine says today as well...but that is because I got my refund and check. (didnt say that yesterday)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I got mine...and unless they changed it I got too much. If you made more than $75k it was supposed prorate down but I got the full amount.
              did you have enough deductions to bring your adjusted gross income below 75K?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                did you have enough deductions to bring your adjusted gross income below 75K?
                No I believe my adjusted gross was 76K. I could look but I honestly dont care the money is going into savings.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I thought I saw something that said 80 million taxpayers will have their money electronically deposited today. If they all got $1200, that would be $96 billion, plus whatever went out on the $500/kid payments, electronically deposited on one day.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I thought I saw something that said 80 million taxpayers will have their money electronically deposited today. If they all got $1200, that would be $96 billion, plus whatever went out on the $500/kid payments, electronically deposited on one day.
                    I believe it was 80 million taxpayers will have the checks deposited by today. IINM, checks began being deposited on Sunday. Even still, probably over $100 billion deposited in four days.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

No I believe my adjusted gross was 76K. I could look but I honestly dont care the money is going into savings.
                      If you see any black helicopters circling over your house later today, you already know why...
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        If you see any black helicopters circling over your house later today, you already know why...
                        That would be a gross over reach for like $300 but it wouldnt surprise me
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We got ours yesterday.

Handy, if you need to offload some of that extra money to get square with the government, it would be a great 40th birthday gift for me
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            I believe it was 80 million taxpayers will have the checks deposited by today. IINM, checks began being deposited on Sunday. Even still, probably over $100 billion deposited in four days.
                            They started before Sunday. Mine showed up in my account this past Friday.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Strange that i had to enter my bank acct info. They have it for deduction of payment already. But site said they didnt.

Govt clearly is poorly run and understaffed.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

That is what mine says today as well...but that is because I got my refund and check. (didnt say that yesterday)
                                That’s what mine says also. But I’ve filed my 2019 already and got my tax refund but no stimulus check.

Comment

Working...
                                X