Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Gascon and Kennedy are unconfirmed at this point. Let's look at what we know...

Blesi played well in 3 of 4 games during Soup's injury, albeit against St. Cloud and Kato. The 4th game was a real clunker though.
    Kronish played in 1 game, allowed 2 goals on 9 shots against LIU. Uber small sampling size but not confidence inspiring. Her pre -UW numbers are impressive.
    Gervais is a complete unknown with no international experience at all. I have not been able to find pre-UW stats for her at this point, a function of lack of time. I will look at lunch.

Both Gascon and Kennedy seem to have a leg up on the 3 who are signed up based on their past. Kennedy's 18-19 numbers are terrible, but the year before and after are very good. If Gascon is true, she's the future based on what we know now. She is the bridge to Ava McNaughton, who committed when she was 8 LOL.
    Gascon is only 16, she turns 17 on May 9th according to https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/421917/eve-gascon. If Gascon has committed it would be for the fall of 2021, not 2020. Kennedy Blair only has 1 year of eligibility left so Gascon and Blair will not play together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
      Gascon is only 16, she turns 17 on May 9th according to https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/421917/eve-gascon. If Gascon has committed it would be for the fall of 2021, not 2020. Kennedy Blair only has 1 year of eligibility left so Gascon and Blair will not play together.
      That's perfect then.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Gascon and Kennedy are unconfirmed at this point. Let's look at what we know...

Blesi played well in 3 of 4 games during Soup's injury, albeit against St. Cloud and Kato. The 4th game was a real clunker though.
        Kronish played in 1 game, allowed 2 goals on 9 shots against LIU. Uber small sampling size but not confidence inspiring. Her pre -UW numbers are impressive.
        Gervais is a complete unknown with no international experience at all. I have not been able to find pre-UW stats for her at this point, a function of lack of time. I will look at lunch.

Both Gascon and Kennedy seem to have a leg up on the 3 who are signed up based on their past. Kennedy's 18-19 numbers are terrible, but the year before and after are very good. If Gascon is true, she's the future based on what we know now. She is the bridge to Ava McNaughton, who committed when she was 8 LOL.
        Gervais 19-20
        GP SA GA SV% W L T SO
        30 Jane Gervais G 40 542 44 0.0812 26 12 2 14

Comment

Originally posted by top cheese View Post
          Gervais 19-20
          GP SA GA SV% W L T SO
          30 Jane Gervais G 40 542 44 0.0812 26 12 2 14
          I just found those too LOL. Thanks!

So she only saw an average of 13.55 shots per game, stopped just over 91%, allowed just over 1 goal/game. The 12 losses kinda stood out to me as a lot for a goalie only allowing a tad over 1 goal per game but W's and L's aren't a great indicator for goalie play. Very strange though.

Interestingly one of her teammates is Marianne Picard, a UW 2021 recruit who led the team in scoring with a very balanced 34G and 34A for 68 pts in 45 games.

Standstead College has very attractive uni's by the way.

Comment

I just found those too LOL. Thanks!

So she only saw an average of 13.55 shots per game, stopped just over 91%, allowed just over 1 goal/game. The 12 losses kinda stood out to me as a lot for a goalie only allowing a tad over 1 goal per game but W's and L's aren't a great indicator for goalie play. Very strange though.

Interestingly one of her teammates is Marianne Picard, a UW 2021 recruit who led the team in scoring with a very balanced 34G and 34A for 68 pts in 45 games.

Standstead College has very attractive uni's by the way.
            In the world of goalie recruiting, not every goalie is coming in as a clear starter or someone who will compete for playing time. Some come in knowing that they are going to be backups for a season or two, or even practice goalies who never expect to play, but are happy to be part of the program. So not every goalie recruit is going to have stellar stats or impressive resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
              In the world of goalie recruiting, not every goalie is coming in as a clear starter or someone who will compete for playing time. Some come in knowing that they are going to be backups for a season or two, or even practice goalies who never expect to play, but are happy to be part of the program. So not every goalie recruit is going to have stellar stats or impressive resumes.
              Totally agree. Look the post ARD period, it looked like the Cece and Blesi show, instead it was the Soup show.

Comment

Brad Schlossman reporting on Twitter that Kennedy Blair is coming to WI, though I have not found anything first source yet. I think the Schlossman dude is somewhat in the know.

Comment

I have added Kennedy Blair to the recruiting spreadsheet and have updated the sheet for the next season.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    I have added Kennedy Blair to the recruiting spreadsheet and have updated the sheet for the next season.
                    Awesome, thanks. Sad to see the sheet get updated in a way.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. Sad to see the sheet get updated in a way.
                      Yeah, each time I do a yearly refresh it is a sad moment. Especially after this year.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        Yeah, each time I do a yearly refresh it is a sad moment. Especially after this year.
                        I know, absolutely no closure on the season; such an empty feeling.

Let's learn about Kennedy Blair. I'm most interested in her non-conference stats as the CHA competition is, well, CHA competition. The last column is the number of saves in the game.

10/04/19 at Colgate L 1-2 25
                        10/05/19 at Colgate T 3-3 34
                        10/11/19 Sacred W 5-3 14
                        10/12/19 Sacred W 9-0 10
                        10/25/19 vs UMD L 1-4 27
                        10/26/19 vs UCONN W 3-1 30
                        11/15/19 at CLARK L 1-4 33
                        11/16/19 at CLARK L 1-2 35
                        11/29/19 Union W 4-3 17
                        12/13/19 St. Cloud W 4-1 18
                        12/14/19 St. Cloud T 2-2 20
                        1/04/20 at Cornell L 2-6 21

Let's toss Sacred Heart, St. Cloud and Union.

10/04/19 at Colgate L 1-2 25
                        10/05/19 at Colgate T 3-3 34
                        10/25/19 vs UMD L 1-4 27
                        10/26/19 vs UCONN W 3-1 30
                        11/15/19 at CLARK L 1-4 33
                        11/16/19 at CLARK L 1-2 35
                        1/04/20 at Cornell L 2-6 21

That leaves us with a .903 save % and a 3.14 GAA against above average competition. Obviously those numbers are not stellar by any means, but we have to take into account the "Wisconsin Factor" when thinking how she will do playing for WI. That would be a great poll, wouldn't it? Taking a look into the Wisconsin factor on a goalie? It's been widely conjectured how would ARD, for instance, have looked on a team with less talent in front of her. Interesting.

Anyway, I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that she'll be the starter based on the numbers above even with 3 years of experience. Blesi has 3 years of experience practicing against better players, but when Cece was on the team her and Blesi kinda bounced between the 2 and 3 spots. We really haven't seen enough out of Kronish to discount her other than she was the 4th goalie when Cece was on the team. I think it's going to be extremely interesting to see who starts in the first game.

Comment

Brad Schlossman reporting on Twitter that Kennedy Blair is coming to WI, though I have not found anything first source yet. I think the Schlossman dude is somewhat in the know.
                          Looks like Kennedy Blair posted on Instagram a week ago so I think that is your "first source." https://www.instagram.com/p/B_gTEJMHLEO/. From the Instagram post:
                          "Thankful for all the memories, experiences, and friendships that I made here the past three years. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have been part of this group and program 🤍

With that being said, I’m excited to announce that I will be transferring to the University of Wisconsin for my senior year to start my master’s degree and play hockey. Can’t wait to be closer to home and wear the red and white!! #gobadgers"

Comment

Article in the Wisconsin State Journal about Blair transferring

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...51549324c.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                              Looks like Kennedy Blair posted on Instagram a week ago so I think that is your "first source." https://www.instagram.com/p/B_gTEJMHLEO/.
                              LOL. I'm not an Instagramer so when I poked around there I didn't see anything.

Interestingly she is on the shorter side @ 5-6. Blesi and Rigsby are 5-7, ARD and Soup are 5-9. Kronish is 6-0, Gervais is 5-8.

Comment

LOL. I'm not an Instagramer so when I poked around there I didn't see anything.

Interestingly she is on the shorter side @ 5-6. Blesi and Rigsby are 5-7, ARD and Soup are 5-9. Kronish is 6-0, Gervais is 5-8.
                                And Aerin Frankel is 5’5...size doesn’t matter

Comment

Working...
                                X