X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
    And Aerin Frankel is 5’5...size doesn’t matter
    I get it, but I sure like a 6-0 goalie over a 5-5 one in theory. They all wear padding that doubles their width, but not their height. Lots of snipers in the same today.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I get it, but I sure like a 6-0 goalie over a 5-5 one in theory. They all wear padding that doubles their width, but not their height. Lots of snipers in the same today.
      These days goaltending is more about technical skills & athleticism rather than just putting a big body in the net, like it used to be. Two of the top female goalies this year were Frankel (5’5) and Cornell’s Browning (5’3)

Comment

These days goaltending is more about technical skills & athleticism rather than just putting a big body in the net, like it used to be. Two of the top female goalies this year were Frankel (5’5) and Cornell’s Browning (5’3)
        Browning is 5-3??????? The puck could probably go over her shoulder in the typical goalie pose. The glove and blocker reach difference has to be inches. I sure wish UW had the chance to player her last year.

Comment

If that height is correct, it would make Browning just three inches shorter than Andrea Braendli's 5' 6". Wisconsin only scored 1, 1, and 0 in its last three games versus Braendli, and Cornell's scoring defense was the best in the country. It might have been a case of "be careful what you wish for." As with all things of this tournament, we'll never know.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I sure wish UW had the chance to "player" her last year.
            Playas Gon' Play
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              If that height is correct, it would make Browning just three inches shorter than Andrea Braendli's 5' 6".
              3" is a lot!

They don't call it the EZAC for nothing. UW was going to wipe Clarkson. Princeton and Cornell out en route to the title.

I watched the last 3 OSU/UW games and from what I recall OSU's team D was more of a factor than Braendli's play. OSU was SO gassed at the end of the fill the bowl game. They were just hanging on by a thread. Thanks to Curl for sending us all home happy that day.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 05-15-2020, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Saw on Twitter TDM said UW was heading out to Q for a series this season. It makes me wonder who else is on the non-conference schedule. I kinda hope LIU makes a trip out to UW this season. I just REALLY hope there will be fans in the stands.

Comment

Saw on Twitter TDM said UW was heading out to Q for a series this season. It makes me wonder who else is on the non-conference schedule. I kinda hope LIU makes a trip out to UW this season. I just REALLY hope there will be fans in the stands.
                  Before that we should really hope there is college football & basketball or no one else will play

Comment

Before that we should really hope there is college football & basketball or no one else will play
                    Truth...
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The headline sounds hopeful. The story itself, not so much...

https://www.channel3000.com/uw-syste...ses-this-fall/

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        The headline sounds hopeful. The story itself, not so much...

https://www.channel3000.com/uw-syste...ses-this-fall/
                        One hope is the costs of the tests may go down as they get further developed. I would develop a plan where the athletes live on campus and get tested frequently and do most of their classes online. The rest should just stay home and do the online thing. The reason for the athletes just coming to campus is without football and bb money, athletics are doomed. Then the B16 network could use all their channels for different sports and make money on TV revenue.

Comment

One hope is the costs of the tests may go down as they get further developed. I would develop a plan where the athletes live on campus and get tested frequently and do most of their classes online. The rest should just stay home and do the online thing. The reason for the athletes just coming to campus is without football and bb money, athletics are doomed. Then the B16 network could use all their channels for different sports and make money on TV revenue.
                          You can't be serious. If colleges took your advice they'd lose all credibility as institutions of higher education. These are student athletes, not athletes. In addition, your idea has the colleges blatantly sending players the message, "We need you for the money and, as such, we're willing to put you more at risk than our other students."

If there was any subgroup of students I'd consider bringing back under your plan, it would be those people studying disciplines that might help the world better deal with the next pandemic. Sports doesn't even register on the list of important things compared to the teachings and research focused on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                            You can't be serious. If colleges took your advice they'd lose all credibility as institutions of higher education. These are student athletes, not athletes. In addition, your idea has the colleges blatantly sending players the message, "We need you for the money and, as such, we're willing to put you more at risk than our other students."

If there was any subgroup of students I'd consider bringing back under your plan, it would be those people studying disciplines that might help the world better deal with the next pandemic. Sports doesn't even register on the list of important things compared to the teachings and research focused on that.
                            What he said.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Why not just ask the student athletes if they want to play? It’s not like the schools would be sending them unwillingly into a war zone. There is negligible risk to that demographic. You make it sound like the schools are sending these unwitting pawns into a dangerous situation. I would expect the vast majority would jump at the chance to play. The ones I know would.

Athletes could play and go to class on line or in person. Non athletes could attend class with the same options. Professors could teach with appropriate protections and spacing.

Comment

You can't be serious. If colleges took your advice they'd lose all credibility as institutions of higher education.
                                If B16 football or men's BB doesn't play, hockey is dead. It's all about the stick and the puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X