Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    In fact, with the right UBI. Health Care. And Social Security. You could fix the whole ball of wax.
    We still can if enough people get mad enough and we vote these muthaf-ckers out of office and then prosecute them into prison.

Anger can be power. D'ja know that you can use it?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of a few. We cannot have both."

Justice Louis Brandeis, 1941
      Is that just the Ralph Nader version, or did you actually find the quote?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

We still can if enough people get mad enough and we vote these muthaf-ckers out of office and then prosecute them into prison.

Anger can be power. D'ja know that you can use it?
        I know we still can. I still have hope. Don't take that away from me too.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I know we still can. I still have hope. Don't take that away from me too.
          I'll never take hope away. "Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy..." there's always hope that three other people will show up and stop him. And that's what good men should always do.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.” – Albert Camus
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Right now, I drive for DoorDash and Instacart, and here are some thoughts:

1. It's income, yes. But I don't love it.

2. I'm grateful for no contact delivery, but I still need some contact to pick up the orders. I have friends working on a mask or two for me.

3. I'm still searching for part time work, something more definite.

4. You're right I'm crossing a picket line to drive and deliver.

5. Base pay is at most $4 per delivery, which means I'm dependent on tips. It really blows when I don't get tipped on a $40 order from Buffalo Wild Wings. It especially blows when I hold the depreciating asset, and pay for my gas, insurance, etc.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

#4:

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Right now, I drive for DoorDash and Instacart, and here are some thoughts:

1. It's income, yes. But I don't love it.

2. I'm grateful for no contact delivery, but I still need some contact to pick up the orders. I have friends working on a mask or two for me.

3. I'm still searching for part time work, something more definite.

4. You're right I'm crossing a picket line to drive and deliver.

5. Base pay is at most $4 per delivery, which means I'm dependent on tips. It really blows when I don't get tipped on a $40 order from Buffalo Wild Wings. It especially blows when I hold the depreciating asset, and pay for my gas, insurance, etc.
                I hope you're not running into moves like this because this is one of the bigger d-bag moves I've heard about.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/...ing/index.html
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I hope you're not running into moves like this because this is one of the bigger d-bag moves I've heard about.

I haven't encountered that YET, yet being the operative word.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Those people should be fired into the sun. What's wrong with them?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Those people should be fired into the sun. What's wrong with them?
                      Entrepreneurs. Dump approves.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Honestly, I love the Instacart/Shipt thing so much I am almost certain we're going to keep it AFTER the pandemic. We had been talking about it for a while. Just never set it up. It's pretty great. Would still probably go to the store if we need onsie-twosies or even fresh produce. I find I need to walk through that area to be inspired. So cooking lately has been a little... different and forced at times.

Either way, I think they should just tack on a 15% delivery fee and get rid of the tips entirely. Or do it based on # of items. If I buy a $40 roast or something, I don't think that's worth $8 when a box of cheerios requires approximately the same effort. I'm still working through the morality and logic of tipping on stuff like this. Their time is obviously worth a lot to me now, so I'm starting at 15 w/ round up and if they go the extra mile, certainly 20%+.

The general principle of "don't be a dick" applies
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ugh. Just found out a couple of friends got evicted from their building (small business) because they didn't make rent this last month. They're a pottery studio that does amazing work but makes a ton of their income on classes. I met them through my wife's sister who knew them. Our one-month anniversary date was a candle class with them. We ended up making our unity candle out of the supplies we got from that class We've done a bunch of classes with them and gotten to know them pretty well over the last year and a half.

Anyways, now I'm both sad and angry. They're great people and I can't believe they were evicted. Who the hell is going to fill that space? That's just bad business. COsts more to sever that relationship than you'd get by letting it sit empty.

This ****ing sucks.
                          Code:

Comment

I'll never take hope away. "Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy..."
                            Ooh, I get that reference.

Wait, Kep's references are from that fancy book-learning stuff. My references are a bit lower brow.

https://youtu.be/ZKO6M8heGU0?t=5510
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I would love to have you as customers. At least you would tip me well if I did well.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Ugh. Just found out a couple of friends got evicted from their building (small business) because they didn't make rent this last month. They're a pottery studio that does amazing work but makes a ton of their income on classes. I met them through my wife's sister who knew them. Our one-month anniversary date was a candle class with them. We ended up making our unity candle out of the supplies we got from that class We've done a bunch of classes with them and gotten to know them pretty well over the last year and a half.

Anyways, now I'm both sad and angry. They're great people and I can't believe they were evicted. Who the hell is going to fill that space? That's just bad business. COsts more to sever that relationship than you'd get by letting it sit empty.

This ****ing sucks.
                                That's insanity by the landlord.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X