This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Gates has been doing good forever...in fact while everyone was fellating Steve Jobs (despite his love of using slave labor...and well for being an awful human being) Gates was doing more help the world. His ego doesn't need the stroking the likes of Jobs and Musk do because he won and never even really had to try.

Musk had a good idea, then like all Narcissists read too many of his own headlines and forget he isnt the genius everyone (he paid) believed him to be.

If Gates ran Tesla, the electric car wouldn't be a status symbol, it would be actually viable for more people.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Gates has been doing good forever...in fact while everyone was fellating Steve Jobs (despite his love of using slave labor...and well for being an awful human being) Gates was doing more help the world. His ego doesn't need the stroking the likes of Jobs and Musk do because he won and never even really had to try.

Musk had a good idea, then like all Narcissists read too many of his own headlines and forget he isnt the genius everyone (he paid) believed him to be.

If Gates ran Tesla, the electric car wouldn't be a status symbol, it would be actually viable for more people.
      Oh no, Gates and his foundation are evil and NOT TO BE TRUSTED. Fauci "runs with Gates" so he can't be trusted either...

...is a thing I read on the internet the other day (said person also said they were going to refuse to wear a petri dish on their face).
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Which really sucks, because I had hope.

I would never have guessed than Bill F-cking Gates would do more real good in the world than Elon Musk. But the former approaches problems methodically with real resources. The latter is just a salesman. Disappointed.
        The fact that Gates is willing to place a lot of money on developing several different vaccines, knowing that almost all if not all might not yield results, but that it's worth it and still learn a lot, shows the difference between him and Trump as businessman. Despite some details of Gates's history, he still ran a real company that required real R&D to get real results, so he understands what it would take to get results here. Trump's whole career was BS and trying to do stuff on the cheap, half of the time cheating people; so of course his plan here was to disband the people who would have been able to do something 2 years ago and then hope to bully his way to a result.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Viruses are hard to bully. I mean, you think honey badger don’t care? Honey badger is Mother Theresa compared to a virus.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            The fact that Gates is willing to place a lot of money on developing several different vaccines, knowing that almost all if not all might not yield results, but that it's worth it and still learn a lot
            This is the power of concentrated wealth. It's what the USG should be doing. But because a bunch of morons believed in the "smaller government" con game of the last 40 years, we're back in the 19th century when the only entity with the resources that can fail and fail and fail and keep risking is a private fund. That's just as sad as gofundme raising money for kids' health care because of the same loser philosopher.

Since 1980 we have let the dumbest and most morally crippled people tell us we didn't have to pay taxes and in fact that taxes was theft, and this is the world we got. I don't even blame the right -- they're bird brains and criminals, they can do no better. A dog can't help being what it is. But plenty of normal, functioning human beings went along with the malarkey because it put an extra wing on their house in Alexandria. The people smart enough to know better but complicit are the people who are going to be rightly hated by their children.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What GrubHub takes in fees/commissions from restaurants.

This is rather eye opening. Since I have the means currently, I've made it a point to support local places. Thankfully I've just done carry out/pick up. I figured that GrubHub would have their take directly from users (i.e. delivery fee) instead of taking such a chunk directly from restaurants.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                What GrubHub takes in fees/commissions from restaurants.

This is rather eye opening. Since I have the means currently, I've made it a point to support local places. Thankfully I've just done carry out/pick up. I figured that GrubHub would have their take directly from users (i.e. delivery fee) instead of taking such a chunk directly from restaurants.
                You know I drive for Door Dash. Most of the independent places dropped the service around here. I get deliveries at IHOP, all the McDonald's, Bob Evans, Chipotle, On The Border, the big chains, but most of the independent places stopped supporting Door Dash, all except a small Mexican place and a wonderful Thai place.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This morning, I encountered someone worse than someone who doesn't tip. I made a delivery from CFA, and after I swiped "delivery complete," I found this woman had tipped me $0.50. 50 f'in cents. Not even enough to buy a stamp.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    No they don’t
                    Everyone in middle management at a financial firm is a VP of something

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      This. I never liked Jobs, and Musk is basically the diet version of him, which makes him even worse.

Comment

Nice visualization of the drop in flights from a site which shows global air traffic:

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Honest question how much of the remaining flights are people who need to move around for emergency reasons versus just ****s and giggles?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Honest question how much of the remaining flights are people who need to move around for emergency reasons versus just ****s and giggles?
                            Well, cargo flights exist.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Well, cargo flights exist.
                              On this note: Anchorage is the busiest airport in the world right now.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

FAA has issued temporary guidelines that allow us to carry cargo in the passenger cabin (no passengers are allowed on those flights).
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X