Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

No they don’t
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      No they don’t
      See Fade's post. That's the truth.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Some businesses definetly do but that doesn't prove the point you were making before.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Some businesses definetly do but that doesn't prove the point you were making before.
          My only point, originally, was that a VP title is worthless at a lot of big businesses, and it's nothing to really brag about.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So woody, did Rebecca give you a raise?

Better, she gave me a title
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              My only point, originally, was that a VP title is worthless at a lot of big businesses, and it's nothing to really brag about.
              Almost always pointless at banks. Major airlines and defense contractors also often have 2 or 3 levels of VPs. Would be a great time to trim that fat - more like fat chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Who was bragging about it?

Also while having a title in and of itself doesn't always prove anything, a title also shouldn't be outright dismissed on face without knowing something about it.

Comment

Yes it all depends on how the corporation is structured. If the corporation uses their titles as ways to make middle management feel important without giving them any real authority then they are worthless.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Tesla fell 10% after this

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Tesla fell 10% after this
                      Didn't he already get his dick slapped for manipulating the stock price?

I used to think he was a Bruce Wayne type. Now he's nothing more than Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Didn't he already get his dick slapped for manipulating the stock price?

I used to think he was a Bruce Wayne type. Now he's nothing more than Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
                        Seems more like Henry Fondle.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Bwahahaha.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Dr Emmett Brown
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Elon Musk is a clown. There are five year old's whose opinions I trust more than his on most things.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Elon Musk is a clown.
                                Which really sucks, because I had hope.

I would never have guessed than Bill F-cking Gates would do more real good in the world than Elon Musk. But the former approaches problems methodically with real resources. The latter is just a salesman. Disappointed.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2020, 02:04 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X