This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

CNN says to expect another 3.5 Mil initial jobless claims tomorrow.

That would be:
    March 1-7 = 211,000 initial claims added to unemployment
    March 8-14 = 280,000
    March 15-21 = 3.3 Mil
    March 22-28 = 6.6 Mil
    March 29-April 4 = 6.6 Mil
    April 5-11 = 5.3 Mil
    April 12-18 = 4.4 Mil
    April 19-25 =
    +3.5 rumored = ~30.2 Million unemployed in the last six weeks.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      CNN says to expect another 3.5 Mil initial jobless claims tomorrow.

That would be:

+3.5 rumored = ~30.2 Million unemployed in the last six weeks.
      Any of these people filing actually got an unemployment check yet?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Any of these people filing actually got an unemployment check yet?
        Welp, my wife has been getting her check since she was laid off March 19th. But we're in Illinois. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I work for a bank, one of the biggest 5 in the nation. My bank gets sued quite often. We seemed to get fined more often than sued some years. Holding an officer title ([Division Officer), VP, P, EVP, C?O) has meaning. To go with the perks - sometimes very few - the title brings, it means you can be named much more easily in a lawsuit brought both by the government and any party suing the company.
          The naming in lawsuits, yeah that sucks. I suppose I was referring to the peacocking that comes with that title, actual responsibility (relatively), etc.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            The naming in lawsuits, yeah that sucks. I suppose I was referring to the peacocking that comes with that title, actual responsibility (relatively), etc.
            But that's going to vary from company to company, and the smaller the company, the more it probably means.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              But that's going to vary from company to company, and the smaller the company, the more it probably means.
              She was large bank. She flat out said that there were a LOT of VP titles.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Large banks weren't applying for these loans, my old company had maybe 10ish VP's and they were too big to apply for the loans in question.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Large banks weren't applying for these loans, my old company had maybe 10ish VP's and they were too big to apply for the loans in question.
                  Big banks are giving out the loans, though.

Comment

New initial jobless claims: 3.8 Mil
                    Continuing claims: 17.99 Mil

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Every "expert" I've heard on CNBC has the same conclusion this past month: market don't care.
                      Markets trade in future results, not the past
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Say you're VP of the Butthole Division. Stick around long enough, and you become Executive VP of Large Intestine Operations...then Sr. Executive VP of the Colon Division...and then maybe you're C-level material (usually still full of sh*t though ).

Comment

Yes, give the money to the job creators!

Comment

Comment

So here’s a cute twist... Employee A is furloughed for a number of weeks, receives unemployment benefits and a $600 weekly “COVID-19” benefit. Employee B is on a Work Share program, working 4 days of the week and receiving unemployment benefits for the one day they are off (unpaid) and a $600 weekly “COVID-19” benefit. Employee B is making more in Work Share, and Employee A... below a certain threshold income... is making more than if the were working normal hours. If they are above that threshold ($46,000?), they are making less.

From what I understand, employees are eligible for the $600 weekly “COVID-19” benefit if they lost any hours as a result of the “COVID-19” outbreak... not all of their hours, any hours.

Fascinating.
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Say you're VP of the Butthole Division. Stick around long enough, and you become Executive VP of Large Intestine Operations...then Sr. Executive VP of the Colon Division...and then maybe you're C-level material (usually still full of sh*t though ).
                                VP, VP, VP. Ever see "American Psycho"? Large businesses hand out VP titles like candy.

Comment

Working...
                                X