X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I'm tiring of people living large off of $24K a year!
    I work with people who tell me Food Stamps is moral hazard. And they point to Biblical verses to back their argument up; no I'm not kidding, sadly.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I work with people who tell me Food Stamps is moral hazard. And they point to Biblical verses to back their argument up; no I'm not kidding, sadly.
      You didn't think Jesus gave away all that bread and fish for free did you?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Yeah, didn’t he Van Gogh some guy’s ear ear who owed him money? Pretty sure that’s how the story went.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          And they point to Biblical verses to back their argument
          Jesus Christ, talk about fake news!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            He sure got something back from Mary Magdelane.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

16.6 Million people have submitted for their initial unemployment claim in the last three weeks.

Another five million is expected again today.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Here we go. 5.3 Million more people filed initial jobless claims last week.

Continuing claims up to 11.9 Million. Continuing claims has some lag in it.

That puts us at 21.9 Million people have filed for unemployment in the last month.

We're looking at 12% to 20% unemployed in the US.
                Last edited by aparch; 04-16-2020, 07:35 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Here we go. 5.3 Million more people filed initial jobless claims last week.

Continuing claims up to 11.9 Million. Continuing claims has some lag in it.

That puts us at 21.9 Million people have filed for unemployment in the last month.

We're looking at 12% to 20% unemployed in the US.
                  Do those numbers include Work Share programs? We are implementing a Work Share reduction at 'my' company, where staffing is reduced by "x-amount" (we are currently reducing the workforce 20%... one day 'off' per week), and eligible for unemployment for that lost time. A much more palatable option than a full-blown layoff, but it still required me to submit a UI claim (filed it this week)... albeit for "part time" unemployment. If those numbers do include filings for these Work Share programs, the overall picture may not as bleak (we hope!).

Cheers(???)
                  ~TTF
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                    Do those numbers include Work Share programs? We are implementing a Work Share reduction at 'my' company, where staffing is reduced by "x-amount" (we are currently reducing the workforce 20%... one day 'off' per week), and eligible for unemployment for that lost time. A much more palatable option than a full-blown layoff, but it still required me to submit a UI claim (filed it this week)... albeit for "part time" unemployment. If those numbers do include filings for these Work Share programs, the overall picture may not as bleak (we hope!).

Cheers(???)
                    ~TTF
                    I believe it does, as it's just everyone who filed an initial claim of unemployment.

The lagging number (I am unsure of how long it is delayed, maybe a week? Two weeks?) is the continuing unemployment claims of those who continue to draw unemployment.

I don't know how the reduced hours would work, or the eligibility requirements.

I do recall that if you earn any money from working up until the amount you would get from unemployment, unemployment will reduce their payout to fill the gap until their cap. Once you exceed the weekly cap, you're on your own.
                    From the State of Illinois:
                    Partial Benefits–Part-Time Work You may claim some benefits for a week if you work less than full-time because of lack of work. Your earnings for the week must be less than the weekly benefit amount (this amount does not include a dependent allowance) you would receive if you were totally unemployed for the week. You must report all of your earnings from part-time work.
                    I will say I am unsure how the unemployment rules work currently under these emergency changes.
                    Last edited by aparch; 04-16-2020, 02:01 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I did hear an interesting tid-bit on CNBC this afternoon: some companies (especially the ones who have laid employees off) have admitted they will be able to "reset" the wages for employees they re-hire, rolling back some of the pay increases over the last few years and setting lower starting pay because of the glut of unemployed people looking for work.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I did hear an interesting tid-bit on CNBC this afternoon: some companies (especially the ones who have laid employees off) have admitted they will be able to "reset" the wages for employees they re-hire, rolling back some of the pay increases over the last few years and setting lower starting pay because of the glut of unemployed people looking for work.
                        America! Yeah! Greatest nation there ever was

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          He sure got something back from Mary Magdelane.
                          And Peter.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            This is my current job in a nutshell. Office Management is licking their chops at the amount of applications they will be getting if this continues for a while. As of now, if you can pass a drug test and not threaten to bomb the place, you will be hired. The job has a 90%+ failure rate within the first 90 days however (probably 60% of that is people deciding they don't want to work on a forklift in a fridge/freezer, 30% can't show up on time for the first 90 days, and 10% drive a lift like a moron). Basically they have slowly turned over longtime staff (5+ years) at the same rate that new hires make it over a year. I'm sure management is looking forward to actually screen people ahead of time AND possibly retain them past the 1 year mark...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X