Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    That, and please correct if I am wrong, where are franchises in this? Can they apply since they are not corporate?
    It appears, from Googling, that individual franchisees can apply of they meet the criteria. The Franchisors cannot apply on their behalf. *Glares at Potbelly Sandwiches*

Also, the motherfu**ing LA Lakers applied for (and received) a PPP loan?
    Last edited by aparch; 04-28-2020, 05:38 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      And that is part of the bigger problem in this world. We always assume the worst. It sucks.
      Except you, when it came to the seriousness of the Coronavirus.

Lets go out to the bar!!!
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        So slight change of topic, but not by much; I'm slightly annoyed with the finger pointing articles at large publicly traded companies that don't have the liquidity AND meet employee cap set forth in the spirit (and recently formalized) of the PPP loan.

These companies actually need it, and yet they're being lumped in with the large corps who obviously scammed the system.
        If they're publicly traded and need liquidity, they can sell some of those stock shares they've spent the last two decades buying back, so their top execs have nice pay packages.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

But instead in a land where Citizens United is considered sound legal precedence we value business owners above all else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

But instead in a land where Citizens United is considered sound legal precedence we value business owners above all else.
            I’m sure no Canadian will go back to work when this is over. Their entire economy will just come to a halt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Honest question, where’s the vitriol? Handy said you guys were naive but I didn’t think anyone was name calling or spewing vitriol. You were really sensitive last night too and i think this may be a tad overreaction...
              Like racism, or sexism.... it is the victim who gets to decide
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                My aunt was VP of a major bank, and she flat out said VP doesn't mean sh*.

The big biz companies...a lot gets lost in the translation, so to speak.
                I work for a bank, one of the biggest 5 in the nation. My bank gets sued quite often. We seemed to get fined more often than sued some years. Holding an officer title ([Division Officer), VP, P, EVP, C?O) has meaning. To go with the perks - sometimes very few - the title brings, it means you can be named much more easily in a lawsuit brought both by the government and any party suing the company.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  My mistake. I was unsure how to express that they're small companies who have a large presence in the stock market.

It seems like companies like Digimarc have been lumped in with Shake Shack and others when discussing the leeches on the PPP loans.
                  Oh no...they are exactly who SHOULD be getting money. Without it they are in trouble. Ruth Chris would survive easily. Hotel chains have ways to survive.

The money should have been prioritized towards companies in need, not the ones who could get their applications in first.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    It appears, from Googling, that individual franchisees can apply of they meet the criteria. The Franchisors cannot apply on their behalf. *Glares at Potbelly Sandwiches*

Also, the motherfu**ing LA Lakers applied for (and received) a PPP loan?
                    I posted that earlier

And yes franchises can apply. (and depending on the structure should be able to) My buddy is a franchise owner. The loss of money is on him and him alone. Corporate does not fund anything, they just give him access to their supply chain and obviously all recipes and methods of advertising. (they also have bankers they deal with who helped for a fee)

If you go to the SBA web site it has a list of all the franchises that meet the qualifications for SBA loans in general and his company is one of the ones listed. (that is how he bought the store) Obviously not all franchises are the same but in the case of his he easily meets all of the criteria. He got his SBA bridge loans already but still nothing for PPP. Thankfully his business is doing fine because he is not a sitdown restaurant.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Boeing to cut 16k jobs

Comment

1st quarter GDP down 4.8%

And that was just two to three weeks at the end of March, and for the most part in certain locations.

We're now a month into Q2 at what's essentially been nationwide lockdown, with many places still having another month of restrictions in place through May.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          1st quarter GDP down 4.8%

And that was just two to three weeks at the end of March, and for the most part in certain locations.

We're now a month into Q2 at what's essentially been nationwide lockdown, with many places still having another month of restrictions in place through May.
                          Wait, 4.8% annualized or Q1 relative to Q4-2020 or year-over-year?

EDit: Annualized.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

....and the sp500 up 2:70% today
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ....and the sp500 up 2:70% today
                              Every "expert" I've heard on CNBC has the same conclusion this past month: market don't care.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X