Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Whew, this thread feels like it's been months since last posted in.

New jobless claims were 1.9 Mil today. I'll update the running scoreboard later.

Continuing jobless claims dipped to 19.3 Mil, down from the high of 23 Mil.
    First it was 1918. Next it was 1968. Now it will be 1929.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      First it was 1918. Next it was 1968. Now it will be 1929.
      And 1861 is stretching on the sidelines.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jobs report adds 2.5 million jobs.

+2.8 due to temporary layoffs coming back.

-0.3 due to an increase in permanent layoffs.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Jobs report adds 2.5 million jobs.

+2.8 due to temporary layoffs coming back.

-0.3 due to an increase in permanent layoffs.
            Whoopsie...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Whoopsie...

I'm sure that's just an innocent accident.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I hope the MSM leads with the real figure, then follows up with "White House releases incorrect figure." Gives the White House "mistake" as their explanation and let's it hang there.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sounds like Walz will be opening up indoor dining in restaurants, as well as movie theaters, swimming pools, etc..., at least on a limited basis.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So you mean the "real" unemployment figure is a lot higher than Obama is telling us?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Sounds like Walz will be opening up indoor dining in restaurants, as well as movie theaters, swimming pools, etc..., at least on a limited basis.
                      My BIL owns a bar. He is limited to 50 people, all outside. He’s has had to take reservations not only for start time of patrons, but also their end times. He has no wiggle room to allow walk-in patrons. It’s a nightmare for him, and it’s upsetting customers. This is in accordance with Maplewood’s requirements.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good read.

https://www.djournal.com/opinion/wal...e93bf1692.html

Comment

Delta ends its Mpls-Williston service. Big Oil losing its voice for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Delta ends its Mpls-Williston service. Big Oil losing its voice for the time being.
                            I guess they'll all be flying the friendly skies.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              My BIL owns a bar. He is limited to 50 people, all outside. He’s has had to take reservations not only for start time of patrons, but also their end times. He has no wiggle room to allow walk-in patrons. It’s a nightmare for him, and it’s upsetting customers. This is in accordance with Maplewood’s requirements.
                              My local brewery is the same way. Start/end times, don't show up you are charged a fee, no walk-ins period.

They did a test run this week, didn't allow reservations past the test run until last night. It worked well, so they are continuing this method. Of course, I dunno how (or if) they'll do the indoor seating, but we'll see.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X