• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

The market is not the economy.

WHY DO I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE STOCK MARKET / ECONOMY RELATIONSHIP (ZERO) THAN THE PRESIDENT OF THE FU**ING UNITED STATES!?!??!?!?

*edit* I just wish I could get on that Congressional mailing list to tell me when to put my 401k into money market accounts before the next crash.....
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Have there been more infrastructure weeks or Dow at 25k tweets?
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

In gonna wager the only reason the market is up at all is the 1% taking advantage of yet another economic calamity to further increase their share of the stock market.

Just as they did in 2009.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          In gonna wager the only reason the market is up at all is the 1% taking advantage of yet another economic calamity to further increase their share of the stock market.

And the real estate markets, and the commodities markets, and the securities markets, ...
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I'm sure it is.

All I want is a heads up to when to move my 401k into a money market to ride out the next crash. Just like those senators in that intel briefing.

Because the next one is going to hurt.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I'm sure it is.

All I want is a heads up to when to move my 401k into a money market to ride out the next crash. Just like those senators in that intel briefing.

Because the next one is going to hurt.

A 6 figure donation to Kelly Loeffler's re-election campaign ought to be enough to hook you up with some insider info.
              Last edited by Rover; 05-26-2020, 03:36 PM.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Kelly Loeffler don't spread for anything less than 7 figures.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Meanwhile, my generation was told if we didn't buy lattes or avocado toast, we'd be rich by now. Well, I've been without those things for two months, and still not a billionaire.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Meanwhile, my generation was told if we didn't buy lattes or avocado toast, we'd be rich by now. Well, I've been without those things for two months, and still not a billionaire.
                    Incorrect. Misinterpretation.

Your generation (and every generation, just in a different way) was told to be responsible with money. For your generation, do you really need that $5 coffee? For my generation, did we really need that $15 music CD?

Don't buy what you can't afford. Most of the time, that boils down to bigger purchases (car, house, etc). But the little things add up quickly.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I take a couple days off to use up some excess PTO and I miss this wonderful exchange on CNBC this morning:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdy7ZS-P9to
                      Andrew Ross Sorkin and Joe Kernen get into a very heated debate live on air.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I do love Andrew Ross Sorkin!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ouch. And that's just the white collars.

Comment

I would imagine Gab wouldn't have the same war chest that Twitter would to fight lawsuits, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Fair CoOp is the organization discussed by the correspondent on Unicorn Riot. There's a lot of material so it's a reference for those interested in alternative ways of organizing economically.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2020, 03:53 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Whew, this thread feels like it's been months since last posted in.

New jobless claims were 1.9 Mil today. I'll update the running scoreboard later.

Continuing jobless claims dipped to 19.3 Mil, down from the high of 23 Mil.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X