Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Cases in my county seem to be spiking a little bit. We're coming up on the period where we see the results of all those Mass holes and New Yorkers that invaded our town a couple weekends ago.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Comment

We've completed enough tests for <1% of the population, and that doesn't include the fact that those that have it will receive multiple tests to make sure they've recovered.

But, yeah, more tests than anyone, the most tests, the best tests. Tremendous testing!
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          We've completed enough tests for <1% of the population, and that doesn't include the fact that those that have it will receive multiple tests to make sure they've recovered.

But, yeah, more tests than anyone, the most tests, the best tests. Tremendous testing!
          Saw something yesterday that in S. Korea, 30 or 40 people who had the virus and recovered, have now tested positive again.

Whether they have got it again, or were never virus-free in the first place, not sure.

But, we're gonna have the economy back up and running by May.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Saw something yesterday that in S. Korea, 30 or 40 people who had the virus and recovered, have now tested positive again.

Whether they have got it again, or were never virus-free in the first place, not sure.

And crashed and sealed back up by Memorial Day. Fun.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              3 points and not a swing state. It's your fault for dressing that way.
              That's ****ing great
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Carhartts and duct tape?

BTW, Dr. Zink is about the only thing holding this together up here. It’s absolutely stunning that she, a Republican appointee from the same place as Sarah Palin, is leading a competent response AND getting a Trumptard of a Governor to go along.
                When I visited Wasilla, I was pleasantly surprised that not only did most people not start eating their shirt while talking to us, they actually quite hated the Palins.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Testing positive <> Getting sick

If it does... Yikes! (Maybe)
                  Code:

Comment

Florida will at least be an experiment to measure

“ GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signaled that there was still a possibility that schools in his state could reopen in May, after closing for the coronavirus outbreak, because "for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to threaten, you know, kids."

According to the CDC, four people between the ages of 15 and 24 and one person younger than 5 has died from the virus.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      When I visited Wasilla, I was pleasantly surprised that not only did most people not start eating their shirt while talking to us, they actually quite hated the Palins.
                      The Palins, like most white trash families, are hated by most Alaskan’s.

Also, Alaska has closed schools for the rest of the school year.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

But......but.......the car accidents. So many people die in car accidents every year, and no one whines about making cars safer.....

Oh, wait.
                        I had a conversation about the car accident comparison with one of my members who was one of the early deniers of coronavirus. Perhaps some concepts are lost on people in Wisconsin since this state seems to care a lot less about the problems of impaired driving than any other state I've lived in.

I had to explain that for various reasons if we had the same cavalier attitude about car accidents that trump had about coronavirus, 150,000 people a year would die in car accidents, and instead it is fewer than 35,000 a year nowadays. We focused on first getting more people to wear seat belts. Then we focused on getting impaired drivers off the road. Then we began to see cars being made safer for occupants. Now we see more and more safety features either required or provided and we've rethought how we allow teenagers to become drivers.

40 years after the automobile became a ubiquitous part of almost every American family, nearly 6 people were still dying for every million vehicle miles traveled. In 1990 it was down to 2 people dying for every million miles and now it is just over 1.

Even with our fvcked up medical infrastructure we had the ability to prevent a good number of the deaths from COVID-19 had we just adopted a few measures that every doctor knew would help in the entire country on March 1 instead of having some places only fall into line much later (or not at all).

Joe Biden is literally running against a mass murderer and I want him to make this political. Lives are actually hanging in the balance. The doctors and the scientists can take care of the medical parts of this and the politicians have to care care of the politics part. There are reasons more people are dying than we could have easily prevented and those reasons are called republicans. They need to be eliminated every bit as much as the coronavirus itself. It IS about the politics and I'm pretty sick of those making the argument the time for politics comes later. We've been hearing that garbage for years, such as every time another nut with a gun kills a dozen kids, or church service attendees, or movie goers, and it never seems to come. When are we going to say enough is enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Testing positive <> Getting sick

If it does... Yikes! (Maybe)
                          Well yeah, there's lots of people walking around who have tested positive( or would if they were being tested) and aren't sick. Your administration says its perfectly ok for them to be out and about and working. Infecting other people the whole time.

What a great administration. The best people. They're gonna kill us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Florida will at least be an experiment to measure

“ GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signaled that there was still a possibility that schools in his state could reopen in May, after closing for the coronavirus outbreak, because "for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to threaten, you know, kids."

According to the CDC, four people between the ages of 15 and 24 and one person younger than 5 has died from the virus.”
                            I have a ton of relatives living in Fla (I was born in Jacksonville myself) most are at least my age or older. (60 plus) They are scared to death of this. How ridiculous for DeSantis to think he can open schools. Been in a school lately? How the hel can you social distance there. How can a teacher with possible risk factors for respiratory infections, COPD, etc wear a MASK to teach? Plus, schools in Fla get out in mid May so what is the FREAKING point. He is so clueless... we are all holding our collective breaths that our family down there survive this. What a nightmare this has turned out to be. Shameful and I'll say it again, criminal how we handled this from the get go. Nothing to do but back peddle. Try to catch up. Sorry for the rant...please, stay safe. Stay home. Wear a mask when you're out. You know the drill...
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Carhartts and duct tape?

BTW, Dr. Zink is about the only thing holding this together up here. It’s absolutely stunning that she, a Republican appointee from the same place as Sarah Palin, is leading a competent response AND getting a Trumptard of a Governor to go along.
                              On that note, someone like Charlie Baker is the kind of Republican I can get behind. I think he's done a good job here in MA and isn't a Trump lapdog.

Comment

I can see ND hockey is someone who has gone off the deep end!

Comment

Working...
                                X