Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Of course not. It was a joke.

Well, that's how I took it anyway.
    Ok. Sorry I missed that. Peace.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Beware in St Paul tomorrow. The idiot brigade has a “liberate Minnesota” rally outside the communist freedumb hating Gov Walz home

Comment

Finally! Screw your grandma! Mine is dead already so who cares!
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Beware in St Paul tomorrow. The idiot brigade has a “liberate Minnesota” rally outside the communist freedumb hating Gov Walz home
          It is an enticing thought that they find a way to put a nice stamp on their foreheads that have a bug red V (for vent) with a circle and line thru it. Don't waste resources on the numbuts.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Nonsense. Compare North and South Dakota. Single digit deaths in each. Total hospitalizations that number 40 or 50. Yet SD has something like triple the number of cases, and is currently the hotspot baby of panic media. That is 100% the result of aggressive testing by Smithfield. If they hadn’t done that South Dakota would be as ignored as North Dakota.
            Check back in two weeks with how well it's going.

Comment

Apparently there's an experimental study at UChicago that's showing some potential. No control group yet to compare and it's not something with a huge stockpile like that nonsense Trump pushed. Been tested against SARS and MERS in animals in the past.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/healt...ial/index.html
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Mookie is going to add that with the Ohio River bordering a couple states here, one would need to include ky for any interstate commerce pact coming together. Boats would have a hard time restricting themselves to the Ohio or Indiana side, hmmm?

Kinda obvious here.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Over 100 deaths in CT yesterday, new hospitalizations down to under 20, which is a good sign. Governor re-affirms the State will remain shut down until May 20.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Keep seeing stories posted by conservatives about how China lied and the virus is actually worse. If that’s the case, lockdowns should probably be even more stringent then, no?

It’s this weird dichotomy where we were unprepared for how dangerous it is because of bad statistics and intel, but also that it’s not dangerous enough to warrant stay-at-home measures.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Apparently there's an experimental study at UChicago that's showing some potential. No control group yet to compare and it's not something with a huge stockpile like that nonsense Trump pushed. Been tested against SARS and MERS in animals in the past.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/healt...ial/index.html
                      We are part of that trial and have enrolled a fair bit of patients. Excited to see the collected results.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Keep seeing stories posted by conservatives about how China lied and the virus is actually worse. If that’s the case, lockdowns should probably be even more stringent then, no?

It’s this weird dichotomy where we were unprepared for how dangerous it is because of bad statistics and intel, but also that it’s not dangerous enough to warrant stay-at-home measures.
                        Schrödinger's Virus.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I can’t believe some are still crying about their rights being eroded because of shut downs, isolations, etc.

Fact: Your rights end when you endanger my loved ones health or my own. End quickly.....
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

I'm sure Mookie or Slap could chip in with their local takes on the US response, but I took a quick Google for Australia's take. This... isn't a glowing review of the US handling of things. It IS an opinion piece, but it's a foreign opinion of the US.
                            This week, the Commander-in-Chief started to look like a man under pressure, responding in the best way he knows how: by picking fights.

At least when it comes to the blame-game, Mr Trump is ahead of the curve.

Highly selective, it featured clips of journalists who "minimised the risks" contrasting against a timeline of the President's most decisive moments and complete with an inspiring sound track.

But Mr Trump's own timeline featured just one entry for the entire crucial month of February.

By the White House's own measure, the only action taken in that month was on February 6: "CDC ships first testing kits".

Even to this day, the US continues to have major shortages of testing kits.
                            On Tuesday (local time), the President opened fire on the World Health Organisation (WHO).

But if the WHO is to blame for America's coronavirus woes, why does every other country on earth seem to be doing so much better than the US?

After all, every country made its own decisions based on the same information from the WHO.
                            But for the better part of four days, Trump projected an image of a president fighting for ownership of the politically rewarding task of reopening the economy.

His name will even be printed on the bailout cheques being sent to millions of Americans, the first time a president's name has appeared on an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) disbursement.

It's quite a turnaround from four weeks ago when he said: "I don't take responsibility at all."
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Comment

Sweden’s strategy has lead to much higher cases than the other Nordic countries but also much higher fatality rate. Comparing it to Finland for instance was pretty drastic.

Sweden has some demographics that make them really well suited to spread the disease less, but I’m not sure it worked like they wanted

Comment

Working...
                                X