Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I can see ND hockey is someone who has gone off the deep end!
    ND hockey occasionally gets into some dark places, but usually bounces back.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      I have a ton of relatives living in Fla (I was born in Jacksonville myself) most are at least my age or older. (60 plus) They are scared to death of this. How ridiculous for DeSantis to think he can open schools. Been in a school lately? How the hel can you social distance there. How can a teacher with possible risk factors for respiratory infections, COPD, etc wear a MASK to teach? Plus, schools in Fla get out in mid May so what is the FREAKING point. He is so clueless... we are all holding our collective breaths that our family down there survive this. What a nightmare this has turned out to be. Shameful and I'll say it again, criminal how we handled this from the get go. Nothing to do but back peddle. Try to catch up. Sorry for the rant...please, stay safe. Stay home. Wear a mask when you're out. You know the drill...
      He wants the federal student per diem money, and show that this virus is all still a hoax that only affects the olds. And if Florida is known for anything at all, it’s the youthful slant of its population...
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Nationally (everyone polled combined), only 37% of all Americans trust what our President of the United States has to say regarding Coronavirus.

Among Republicans?

They trust him more than they trust the CDC.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm going to be nauseous. My company is giving incentives to BCs (one level above me) to pressure families to come back and receive services right now.

And here's the thing: BCs can join us via Zoom. I can't Zoom with my client. My company is sacrificing kids and us techs on the altar of capitalism.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            More information on MI's extended stay at home order. Now certain parts of large stores will be blocked off. I'm hoping I can still get school supplies and access the electronics sections at Meijer or Target.
            You’ll be fine. Unless there is further clarification stories are trying to sort through, Meijer had a grand total of 2.5 aisles blocked off, and two of those were seasonal for patio furniture.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Nationally (everyone polled combined), only 37% of all Americans trust what our President of the United States has to say regarding Coronavirus.

Among Republicans?

Good. Keep listening to him. Do what he says.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                You’ll be fine. Unless there is further clarification stories are trying to sort through, Meijer had a grand total of 2.5 aisles blocked off, and two of those were seasonal for patio furniture.
                Just got back from my Sh*tty Acres and except for the garden center they haven't blocked anything off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Among Republicans?

Proof that Republican voters are not tactically using a blunt force instrument to achieve their policy preferences. They actually believe him.

These are the dumbest kids in the class, and they have the White House, Senate, and courts.

We need to drive them back into their playpens.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    The Palins, like most white trash families, are hated by most Alaskan’s.
                    c.f. New Yorkers and Dump.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Your current Butchers Bill:

20k new confirmed cases
                      1300 deaths

(usual caveat that plenty of states have yet to report)

Pennsylvania has 1400 new cases
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Michigan with over 200 deaths today. Largest single day total so far.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

#KAG! #Trump2020!

Comment

That hasnt been added to Worldometer yet...

But hey we got this under control! We are a mere 3 weeks away from opening back up!!

Passed 100k dead WW. The US accounts for 20% of that...leaving out Jhina we are #1!!

Last edited by Handyman; 04-10-2020, 12:40 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Pennsylvania has 1400 new cases
                              PA had 1800+ yesterday

Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Just got back from my Sh*tty Acres and except for the garden center they haven't blocked anything off yet.
                                Costco continues to impress me. Entrance doors were closed off with the cart storage area being the only entrance. From there there were marked six-foot spaces for potential lines that looked to go back 100+ yards, basically to the very end of the building. Someone would hand you a cart and have you wait until the person in front made it into the store before going.

Cashiers had the sneeze guards so some were only wearing gloves, but every other employee had facemasks and gloves. Since the produce fridge is a smaller section they made it one way traffic with six foot spaces and someone out front directing traffic.

Meanwhile Meijer barely had anyone with PPE and looks to basically have the same protocols as a month ago when this first started. Not to mention their aisles are so narrow it's impossible to be six feet away if someone else is in the same aisle.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X