Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Lucia Apologist

Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

In other news NY already reporting 799 deaths...
    Keep in mind most states are now releasing numbers once a day. So the number is big because the presser is early. NY's number won't increase drastically after they've had their main presser.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Educated well-read people would believe it. joe and the group behind Trump there would yell "freedomz!!!!" and not believe it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Keep in mind most states are now releasing numbers once a day. So the number is big because the presser is early. NY's number won't increase drastically after they've had their main presser.
    So the number is for the prior day?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

I hear the pine box industry is booming right now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KrsO91mfBw
    Cornell University
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

You have to go to the source links, most of them tell you what they are reporting for. There is no single answer.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    You have to go to the source links, most of them tell you what they are reporting for. There is no single answer.
    Thanks.

As long as it's the same methodology every day it doesn't matter. The trend line is all that matters.

Unless you're a lucky winner.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    Cornell University

This is the same yankee-doodle-dumbass that came out after Y2K. "What a nothingburger! So much fuss over nothing!"

Well, yeah, because we put in millions of man-hours to fix everything from the banks to the weight transmitters on equipment that makes adhesives for Post-Its. (They still have Y2K stickers on them. )
    Not sure who you are replying to here but I hope it's not me. Haven't said anything like this being a non issue. It's the biggest crisis impacting my life in my 35 years on earth. I was specifically talking about the potential for 1 million American deaths. There are obviously other widespread issues than just the # of deaths. Unemployment for starters, small businesses potentially going by by etc.

dx is right. I think it depends upon the state.

For instance, Minnesota reports theirs at 11 a.m. each day, and the number is as of 4 p.m. the day before. So for instance at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning (Friday) the Minnesota number will actually be good as of 4 p.m. Wednesday.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

This is pretty funny. From the Star Tribune.

North Dakotans returning from Minnesota must self-quarantine for two weeks. The order applies to Minnesota even though the state has been under a stay-at-home order and North Dakota has not.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Invictusian

I am not expecting it to...just a heads up to what is coming. If NY is starting with that much then the overall number for the US is not going to be small.

As of this moment 19k new cases and 1200 deaths.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-09-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Not sure who you are replying to here but I hope it's not me. Haven't said anything like this being a non issue. It's the biggest crisis impacting my life in my 35 years on earth. I was specifically talking about the potential for 1 million American deaths. There are obviously other widespread issues than just the # of deaths. Unemployment for starters, small businesses potentially going by by etc.
    So, you always knew the models predicting 1,000,000+ deaths were ridiculous, because we would never let it get to that point. Unemployment skyrocketing, small businesses closing, and the other issues you rightfully point out as widespread and important, were always going to suffer from the blanket SIP ordered across the country. But, blanket SIP across states were always going to be the only way to prevent 1,000,000+ deaths in the first place, especially because we f-cked up the testing portion early on to figure out who was sick, asymptomatic, etc., and then properly isolate them. Therefore, I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This is pretty funny. From the Star Tribune.
    That's been something that's been kicked around for decades.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Do the "the models before we started sheltering everyone were soooo much worse than the models now that we are sheltering people, what's up with that?!" folks really think they are making the point that they actually are?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Do the "the models before we started sheltering everyone were soooo much worse than the models now that we are sheltering people, what's up with that?!" folks really think they are making the point that they actually are?
    Severe cases of D-K most likely. I'm not sure we've seen widespread terminal cases like this before.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    De Blasio should've acted sooner than he did to cancel events and close restaurants.
    And shut down schools.

rock and roller
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    It IS Kansas.

rock and roller
    Stick to the other thread. And read up on some more recent things that have been happening in Sweden.

Here, I'll help you out.

https://time.com/5817412/sweden-coronavirus/

Sweden has a relatively high case fatality rate: as of April 8, 7.68% of the Swedes who have tested positive for COVID-19 have died of the virus. Neighboring countries, like Norway and Denmark, have case fatality rates of 1.46% and 3.85% respectively. (The U.S. case fatality rate is 3.21%.) While Sweden’s elevated case fatality rate could be a result of its low testing rates compared to its neighbors, experts say Sweden’s laissez-faire approach could also be to blame.
    At the end of March, 2,300 doctors, scientists and academics signed an open letter to the government calling for stricter measures.
    “We think there is no scientific evidence for their strategy,” says Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, an expert in microbial pathogenesis who signed the letter. She says the government has been reluctant to share its data with scientists, leading her to believe that the government’s strategy is “not based on evidence.”
    “If they are right and we are wrong, I will open a bottle of champagne,” Söderberg-Nauclér says. She notes that, based on the modeling she’s seen, the healthcare system in Sweden will collapse if stricter measures are not adopted immediately. “But I will not give up the fight until the government shows us evidence for their strategy.”
    Last edited by rufus; 04-09-2020 at 02:26 PM.

All I ever said was I never believed a million Americans would die nor did I think it would be remotely close to that. If the argument is well it could have happened if we did nothing, ok fine. If it took a figure like that to hammer this home to Trump so be it.

Invictusian

I absolutely believe if we had done nothing a million people was possible. With the measures we are taking we are adding tens of thousands of cases a day all over. California would have numbers near NY if nothing had been done.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Are these the UNH morons you guys were talking about or some other knucks? They're pretty good for laughs, I'll say that.
    I had to remember how to put people on ignore- its been a long time since I needed it. I didn't even get past the name and the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Let's be thankful that there were some red states that received the message. Certainly not enough, but some. I think Cuomo could have responded even faster, since he was slower than even some red states to close schools, non-essential businesses, etc., but he still responded and is clearly displaying leadership right now as New York continues to get pounded. Newsom gets an A. California is testing fewer people per 1M than literally every other state, but I hope it's because everyone has been chilling the f-ck inside since 3/16, and not because they're receiving far fewer testing materials than they need.
    I think the complexity of variables in bigger cities/states made it much harder to give a blanket order quickly~ showing with ridiculous clarity why our current system of only the upper middle class/ rich is a foundation built on sand. The number of children at risk, who rely on programs based in schools to get food, other supports, is staggering. Then you have the issue of lack of daycare. Many families manage to make life work only through multiple, complex networks of family, friends, school. You shut everything down and that leaves them with nothing to help them. Even if the parents are willing to give everything to the kids you can't give something out of nothing. Then you have adult problems- no insurance, no pay, no transportation to get food because no pay.

This is why we should have been preparing long before it hit. It wasn't a surprise GD it. And this is why the Orange Buffoon has a lot to answer for in telling people they were over reacting. Hard to turn the aircraft carrier on a dime when the capt is trying to steer the other way.

Thread Information