Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    They did that a couple days ago though. I think this count was after that. If that number was included, the total deaths would be far higher than 4500.
    Counting sites have been applying those deaths at wildly inconsistent times compared to one another. It's possible whatever they're using to track added them later than others. WoM actually added the deaths 2 days after the day they are attributed to.

Anyway, states are reporting their deaths at set times each day (some states once, some states twice). There is absolutely no possible way we hit over 4000 reported deaths in one 24 hour window without some of those "probable" deaths being included. The peak has been around 2500 give or take a couple hundred depending on when you cycle the day.

Comment

“LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” Trump wrote, followed soon after by a message that read, “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” He also tweeted, “LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!”

*** is this? Orangeman’s been tweeting about the protests this afternoon. He knows what he is inciting and it’s disturbing what the orange man child is doing to their heads.....👀
      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
      Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
        “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” Trump wrote, followed soon after by a message that read, “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” He also tweeted, “LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!”

*** is this? Orangeman’s been tweeting about the protests this afternoon. He knows what he is inciting and it’s disturbing what the orange man child is doing to their heads.....��
        I don't tweet but my response would be to incite liberation from the Orange Menace. Just read a piece about the negative messaging it really messing with people. It isn't the messaging that is messing with me. It is the constant reminder of just how many stupid, stupid people there are. Who knew it was possible to have so many people whose development arrested at that age of toddlerhood and egocentrism?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          They ARE getting the memo. Go for it. But do find like minded stores to get your "stuff" and go to the like minded hospitals who will tell you to go home with a basic flu. Stay away from people you label as afraid. Bunch up with like minded people and yell a whole lot.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The University of Texas did their own COVID model, and I find their results much more realistic (and depressing). 64K confirmed deaths (so not including the ~4500 probables that worldometers is already counting) by May 1st which is when the model ends. But considering the model has almost 2K deaths that day, that's obviously not where they think the epidemic will end. I'd guess looking at the graphs the end would be around 80K-90K.

Additionally: 18% chance the peak has already passed, 57% chance the peak has either passed or will happen in the next 7 days, and 68% chance the peak has either passed or will pass in the next two weeks.

That's a lot of room for some very, very bad outcomes.

I apologize if you can't get in right away, Nate Silver recently posted it so I think the servers are getting absolutely slammed right now: https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/projections/

Comment

Oh my God the IHME just adjusted their model downwards again to 60K total deaths.

That ****'s just expensive toilet paper at this point.

Comment

Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Jax Beach my home town!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
                        By who
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yep. Texas gov just signed executive order to open up the state by early May, and Florida gov is allowing some beaches to reopen.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            By who
                            I’d have to check the posts from our South Dakota discussion this morning. I think maybe DG, alfa, maybe others. Usual suspects.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              By who
                              The voices in his head?
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I’d have to check the posts from our South Dakota discussion this morning. I think maybe DG, alfa, maybe others. Usual suspects.
                                Huh. Stay at home has been going for three weeks, incubation is up to two. Is this the place in Worthington? If they're essential and people are going in anything is possible. I still think the distancing and staying home as much as possible make this stuff less likely.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X