Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    So we shouldn’t eat. Got it.
    Comprehension ain't your strong suit is it? Or maybe you just like building straw men.

No, we should keep doing what we're doing, exposing as few people as we possibly can to the virus until we get a firm handle on the infection spread. Then maybe we might be able to start thinking about opening things up.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This virus must really be mutating fast. Last month Dump called it the flu. Today it's the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Both of you...though you are more of an arrogant dip****.

Maybe you two should just **** and be done with it...
        As entertaining as the Rube/rufie slap-fight has been:

Comment

Some dude in my hood just posted on Nextdoor that he’s complying with the gov order until May 4, then he doesn’t care what the governor says, he’s going out to restart the economy.

First reply was at least humorous. “Any last words”
          Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 04-12-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Some dude in my hood just posted on Nextdoor that he’s complying with the gov order until May 4, then he doesn’t care what the governor says, he’s going out to restart the economy.

What does that even mean? Is he building his own farm and factory?
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              He hasn’t made that clear, he just had to announce his intentions.

Comment

The same states you’re seizing gear deliveries from?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Comprehension ain't your strong suit is it? Or maybe you just like building straw men.

No, we should keep doing what we're doing, exposing as few people as we possibly can to the virus until we get a firm handle on the infection spread. Then maybe we might be able to start thinking about opening things up.
                  Exactly. Takeout as Rube has described involves less contact than any supermarket experience. Stay the course, reduce contact and support small business at the same time.

On our end, we have decided to commit to takeout from a locally owned restaurants once or twice a week to help support local owners.
                  Last edited by ericredaxe; 04-12-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52196815

We walk in and there's a woman on the floor. I see this woman doing CPR on her mother. She tells me she stopped breathing and had "the symptoms".
                    We go to work to try and save her. As the medics are doing their thing I walk over to the daughter and she tells me how it all went down. She says her mum has been sick for the last few days. They couldn't get a test but think she had "it".
                    I ask "are you the only family here?" She says yes but you guys were here on Thursday and worked on my dad. He had the symptoms as well. He passed away.
                    She looks numb.
                    I go back into the other room and hope that the medic will tell me there are signs of life. She looks up and I know the look after 17 years. The medic's eyes say no.
                    So now I have to tell the daughter that both her parents are dead in a matter of three days.
                    Not sure if this was posted yet or not.

Most of these people dying at home in NYC are not being tested and are not included in the numbers
                    Last edited by BassAle; 04-12-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Now when he starts forcing governors to open back up, and the numbers start rising, he has the perfect scapegoat. " The states are supposed to tracking and isolating. We had the numbers way down, fewer than 60,000, but now the governors have screwed it all up".
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Have you read the NY Times expose on cell phone location data that they published earlier this year?

Trust me when I say Big Brother is absolutely watching. It's just a matter of whether you care or not.
                        It's how I caught a few arsonists back in the day, even if location services are turned off, you still have to ping the towers for a signal. All recorded.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Here’s the reply from another Mensa member

“ This is government over reach and everyone just complied so easily! Keep allowing this and our country will loose our freedom. Elective surgeries are frozen. More people by tens of thousands die from heart attacks strokes flu suicides you name it than corona. In fact more die from guns yet we are all locked up! I will not ever vote for a democratic leader in this state period!”

Comment

One positive that came out of this whole thing in CT is that they are now allowing bars and restaurants that are selling take out food to sell sealed containers of beer and wine to go as well. I believe it is most likely temporary.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

You can get to-go margaritas here at a taco chain here. They just give you a 50 mL bottle of tequila with a slushi. Mix when you get home.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Maybe he's upset about losing St. Patrick's day and refuses to miss out on Cinco de Mayo.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X