Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

In other news NY already reporting 799 deaths...
    Keep in mind most states are now releasing numbers once a day. So the number is big because the presser is early. NY's number won't increase drastically after they've had their main presser.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Educated well-read people would believe it. joe and the group behind Trump there would yell "freedomz!!!!" and not believe it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Keep in mind most states are now releasing numbers once a day. So the number is big because the presser is early. NY's number won't increase drastically after they've had their main presser.
        So the number is for the prior day?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I hear the pine box industry is booming right now!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KrsO91mfBw
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            You have to go to the source links, most of them tell you what they are reporting for. There is no single answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              You have to go to the source links, most of them tell you what they are reporting for. There is no single answer.
              Thanks.

As long as it's the same methodology every day it doesn't matter. The trend line is all that matters.

Unless you're a lucky winner.
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2020, 11:37 AM.
              Cornell University

Comment

This is the same yankee-doodle-dumbass that came out after Y2K. "What a nothingburger! So much fuss over nothing!"

Well, yeah, because we put in millions of man-hours to fix everything from the banks to the weight transmitters on equipment that makes adhesives for Post-Its. (They still have Y2K stickers on them. )
                Not sure who you are replying to here but I hope it's not me. Haven't said anything like this being a non issue. It's the biggest crisis impacting my life in my 35 years on earth. I was specifically talking about the potential for 1 million American deaths. There are obviously other widespread issues than just the # of deaths. Unemployment for starters, small businesses potentially going by by etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  dx is right. I think it depends upon the state.

For instance, Minnesota reports theirs at 11 a.m. each day, and the number is as of 4 p.m. the day before. So for instance at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning (Friday) the Minnesota number will actually be good as of 4 p.m. Wednesday.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This is pretty funny. From the Star Tribune.

North Dakotans returning from Minnesota must self-quarantine for two weeks. The order applies to Minnesota even though the state has been under a stay-at-home order and North Dakota has not.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I am not expecting it to...just a heads up to what is coming. If NY is starting with that much then the overall number for the US is not going to be small.

As of this moment 19k new cases and 1200 deaths.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 04-09-2020, 12:21 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Not sure who you are replying to here but I hope it's not me. Haven't said anything like this being a non issue. It's the biggest crisis impacting my life in my 35 years on earth. I was specifically talking about the potential for 1 million American deaths. There are obviously other widespread issues than just the # of deaths. Unemployment for starters, small businesses potentially going by by etc.
                        So, you always knew the models predicting 1,000,000+ deaths were ridiculous, because we would never let it get to that point. Unemployment skyrocketing, small businesses closing, and the other issues you rightfully point out as widespread and important, were always going to suffer from the blanket SIP ordered across the country. But, blanket SIP across states were always going to be the only way to prevent 1,000,000+ deaths in the first place, especially because we f-cked up the testing portion early on to figure out who was sick, asymptomatic, etc., and then properly isolate them. Therefore, I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          This is pretty funny. From the Star Tribune.
                          That's been something that's been kicked around for decades.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Do the "the models before we started sheltering everyone were soooo much worse than the models now that we are sheltering people, what's up with that?!" folks really think they are making the point that they actually are?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Do the "the models before we started sheltering everyone were soooo much worse than the models now that we are sheltering people, what's up with that?!" folks really think they are making the point that they actually are?
                              Severe cases of D-K most likely. I'm not sure we've seen widespread terminal cases like this before.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                De Blasio should've acted sooner than he did to cancel events and close restaurants.
                                And shut down schools.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X