Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
    The people in the Worthington meat packing plant have two things going against them. 1) The have to go to a job that’s working tightly with other people on a near daily basis. 2) A number to the Worthington plant’s employees have family working in the Sioux Falls plant whose employees have been the SD epicenter.

Social distancing won’t stop the virus cold. It will slow the spread, which is the point. So we don’t overload our hospitals beyond capacity. It’s as simple as that.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

There's also the fact that no one cares about safety in meatpacking plants because they employ large numbers of undocumented workers who can't complain lest they be fired/outed to ICE.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        There's also the fact that no one cares about safety in meatpacking plants because they employ large numbers of undocumented workers who can't complain lest they be fired/outed to ICE.
        Upton Sinclair does!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          If this gets going in Florida, I can see that state being worse than NY and NJ.
          With the amount of old people there...yeah it could get real bad.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You know what? Good. **** them. They chose this.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              You know what? Good. **** them. They chose this.
              Agreed. I'm out of phucks to give.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Upton Sinclair does!
                Welcome to the jungle.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
                  You are better than this.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    You are better than this.
                    No he's not.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      No he's not.
                      Sure he is. He's a college hockey fan, which makes him inherently a smart and good person.

I have seen Hovey make subtle distinctions in his arguments and I have seen him argue in good faith. That comment was neither.

I have made lazy, d-ckish posts to be funny in the past and I will do it again, and I was and will be better than that. It is a temptation we don't always avoid, and a quick scold is the appropriate response.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 04-17-2020, 11:07 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Agreed. I'm out of phucks to give.
                        I saw pics from the MN rally and I feel sick. A sign with walz picture, added a hitler stache and the word fuhrer. And it got worse from
                        There

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I saw pics from the MN rally and I feel sick. A sign with walz picture, added a hitler stache and the word fuhrer. And it got worse from
                          There
                          It's disgusting. He's doing it right. Slow, methodical, studied attempts at opening up.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Sure he is. He's a college hockey fan, which makes him inherently a smart and good person.

I have seen Hovey make subtle distinctions in his arguments and I have seen him argue in good faith. That comment was neither.

I have made lazy, d-ckish posts to be funny in the past and I will do it again, and I was and will be better than that. It is a temptation we don't always avoid, and a quick scold is the appropriate response.
                            Nope...he's a Trumpian Republican *******.
                            So **** him.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Have to share that at least one guy with an "R" by his name is making some sense. This is being shared with absolutely no knowledge of his other positions. He seems most concerned about the party, so I bet they aren't great. But still, are least there's some logic being used.

Last edited by state of hockey; 04-17-2020, 11:48 PM.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Nope...he's a Trumpian Republican *******.
                                So **** him.
                                Even though he states that he didn’t vote Trump in 2016, he’s still Trumpian. How does that work now?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X