Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burd View Post
    D-1 used to be great for the week-long weekend series threads, but those have gone the way of corded phones. Where did guys like Happy, Gurtholfin and Dirty go? I miss reading some of Gurth's stuff.
    No kidding. I don’t think I’ve been in a hockey thread now for years. I don’t recognize any of the posters anymore

Comment

Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Numbers as of now:

28k new cases (a few states havent reported)
      1716 new deaths (same caveat)

You know the way some are talking you would think things are dying down but they just arent yet. If Cali wasnt under control (though still will have over 20k cases tomorrow) the numbers could look even worse.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Numbers as of now:

You know the way some are talking you would think things are dying down but they just arent yet. If Cali wasnt under control (though still will have over 20k cases tomorrow) the numbers could look even worse.
        Yup. It's worth noting that the revised model that's now predicting 60K deaths here has noticeably undershot deaths over the last 3 days (basically since the model was released) in Western Europe to the tune of 30%-50%. Their assumption on how fast the curve would go down on the far side of the peak certainly seems to be faulty, as well as the how long deaths stay around the peak before even starting to tail off. Even here in the States, Cuomo has said NY will reach it's peak Sunday, while the model holds the peak is today, and the mayor of Detroit has said they haven't quite hit the peak, where the model claims Michigan's peak was yesterday/today.

If you put a gun to my head and made me choose over/under the model's prediction for the US, I'd unfortunately have to take the over without much hesitation, even if we don't do something stupid like try to open things up next month.

Comment

Comment

Numbers as of now:

I am just going by what's being reported in terms of the peak. That will vary state by state but in general the peak is near.

Comment

My company just extended work from home mandates through the end of May. Anyone that needs to be on site is required to wear a cloth mask unless they are in their own private office (or their job requires a respirator). That includes parking lots and walkways outside. They’ve also purchased 5,000 washable masks from LL Bean to distribute to employees to wear in public or on-site.
              Last edited by BassAle; 04-09-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Any job that can reasonably be done from home should continue that way for quite some time. Not sure what an implementation plan would look like here, that will be fascinating to see. When you get to a point where you "open things up" there are so many variables involved. Good luck trying to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I am just going by what's being reported in terms of the peak. That will vary state by state but in general the peak is near.
                  I wasnt talking about you...

BTW now that everyone has reported:

32k new cases
                  1845 Deaths

Connecticut, Flo(R)ida, Michigan, Louisiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Mass, New Jersey and New York all over 11k new cases.
                  California, Indiana, Georgia, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Flo(R)ida, Louisiana, Illinois, Mass, Michigan, New Jersey and New York all with over 40 deaths today.

Texas and Georgia crossed 10k, Connecticut will tomorrow most likely as should Washington State.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Any job that can reasonably be done from home should continue that way for quite some time. Not sure what an implementation plan would look like here, that will be fascinating to see. When you get to a point where you "open things up" there are so many variables involved. Good luck trying to figure that out.
                    I dunno, seems pretty easy to me. A flowchart:

Are 2,000 people dying a day?
                    If yes --> You're not ready
                    If no --> what do the scientists say?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

I wasnt talking about you...

BTW now that everyone has reported:

32k new cases
                      1845 Deaths

Connecticut, Flo(R)ida, Michigan, Louisiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Mass, New Jersey and New York all over 11k new cases.
                      California, Indiana, Georgia, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Flo(R)ida, Louisiana, Illinois, Mass, Michigan, New Jersey and New York all with over 40 deaths today.

Texas and Georgia crossed 10k, Connecticut will tomorrow most likely as should Washington State.
                      Texas just updated again, count up to 1872 for the day. I know they say they cycle at 00:00 GMT (8:00 EDT), but they very often continue to add small updates for another couple of hours. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see it top 1900 again. I don't call it a day until they wipe the board and start tomorrow's count.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A few Michigan Republican reps are already crying that Whitmer is too radical and she's taking away our FREEDOMS.

I forget... taking away freedom is only bad if a Democrat does it.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Thoughts and prayers

“ Up to 150 members of Saudi Arabia’s royal family reportedly have contracted the coronavirus, believed to be caused by princes who brought the virus back after traveling to Europe.”

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...N-GQt0WrbgusZE

Comment

• I've been tracking Michigan data and think we are starting to see the shelter in place working. Did we have a lot of new cases today? Yes, but the number of new cases has gone down the last 2 days. Hopefully this trend holds. It's at least good to not see it growing exponentially. Then again, I don't know how many tests are being done, and that the data isn't just a reflection of fewer tests.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X