Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Now I may be mistaken, but I believe smaller places like Ace could stay open if they wanted to, right? They just have to limit to 25% capacity?

I just find it funny the huge rallying cry about killing small local business when most of the product limitations only apply to giant corporations. (Not that Ace isn’t also a giant corporation, but they seem to have co-branded with the neighborhood shop in many places).
    That's what I read in the actual Executive Order. I even pointed that out (the benefits of smaller stores/companies) to a couple of friends who were spouting off about the big box closures on Facebook, and they promptly shut up.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Real tweet. An hour ago. He actually hit send on this. I mean, I know he's dumber than a bag of dog****, but man alive...
      I had to Google it, but according to Wikipedia, the documented cases were only 3,433 deaths in the United States (and territories). The CDC claims an estimate of 12,469 deaths (range: 8,868–18,306) which would calculate those suspected but never tested. (Gee, that sounds familiar.)

But yes, Your statement is accurate.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Now I may be mistaken, but I believe smaller places like Ace could stay open if they wanted to, right? They just have to limit to 25% capacity?

I just find it funny the huge rallying cry about killing small local business when most of the product limitations only apply to giant corporations. (Not that Ace isn’t also a giant corporation, but they seem to have co-branded with the neighborhood shop in many places).
        One Ace is open, the other is just curbside delivery. Have not driven by the local hardware store in a month, so not sure if they are open or not, but I think they are allowed to be. They support a lot of small subcontractors fixing homes.

While the Ace stores are owned by the same local group, I think they are the ones deciding on the operations of each store.
        Last edited by alfablue; 04-17-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Yeah. Hydroponic project.
          It is legal in this state.

Comment

The frequency of "Open Minnesota" tweets has been off the charts the past few hours. ffs

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              It's at this point I am seriously beginning to wonder how much collateral damage there will be to just "open everything up" and let Darwin have his fun.

Basically just let the dumb people run wild for 3 months, while smart people limit contact as much as possible. I know we will lose some on our side, but it's a small price to pay.

More or less this is the toddler still wanting to touch the hot stove after repeated attempts at saying "NO!"... A small part of me would smile at the resulting death and medical bankruptcy among Dumpies
              Grand if you don't count the collateral damage of all the healthcare workers who are dying and getting sick or the people who work in grocery stores (my son) with no available PPE and people telling him its all a hoax and getting in his face.

If we could have a store for stupids, staffed by the stupids who say they want to go back to work, patronized by the stupids and find a way to tatoo No vents, no treatment.... THen I would be OK with that.

Article about testing at a homeless shelter in Boston where they were shocked, just shocked at the rate of asymptomatic positive tests. If the CDC is surprised and me, a lowly NP, is totally not experiencing a flicker of surprise, we are in deep doodoodoodoo

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cd...Dk647AmYXMqoi4

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                The frequency of "Open Minnesota" tweets has been off the charts the past few hours. ffs
                "This parachute has slowed our descent, let's take it off."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

MN rep Jason Lewis apparently shaking hands at the protest. God I hope he gets a cough next week.

Like les said, I want these stupids to shop at different stores

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ernors-mansion

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Russians like getting their money's worth.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Article about testing at a homeless shelter in Boston where they were shocked, just shocked at the rate of asymptomatic positive tests. If the CDC is surprised and me, a lowly NP, is totally not experiencing a flicker of surprise, we are in deep doodoodoodoo

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cd...Dk647AmYXMqoi4
                        But if those were just regular working folk instead of homeless, CDC guidelines say they are ok to be at work.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Yeah, this is bad reporting. I'm not sure where the WSJ is getting their data. It's a fishwrap at best since they were sold.

At least Worldometers puts that important caveat in their numbers.
                          I think you both are reading it wrong. It didnt say "4100 died yesterday" it said "4100 died in a 24 hour period" which is quite possible depending on when they started the clock.

edit: It also says the number might have been affected by the change in how NY is reporting.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I think you both are reading it wrong. It didnt say "4100 died yesterday" it said "4100 died in a 24 hour period" which is quite possible depending on when they started the clock.

edit: It also says the number might have been affected by the change in how NY is reporting.
                            Ah. Thanks.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The change in NY reporting is the only way you could get to a number like that. They dumped 3778 "probable" deaths into their total en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                                The change in NY reporting is the only way you could get to a number like that. They dumped 3778 "probable" deaths into their total en masse.
                                They did that a couple days ago though. I think this count was after that. If that number was included, the total deaths would be far higher than 4500.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X