Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 The 7th Part: We're Gonna Be Number One Soon!

Comment

I cant speak for Michigan but most people in Minnesota dont buy into the "Liberate" crap. That is why it is being peddled by a second rate radio show host who got ousted from office in the Blue Wave.

Of course we have a leader who can read and write, do basic math and explain things...unlike the tool in chief. Until Minnesota is showing signs of slowing in cases Walz isnt just gonna listen to a bunch of Racists in Camo who wouldnt vote for him anyways. He will get re-elected with or without them...and wont kill thousands in the process.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Feds are cracking down on the criminals pushing poisonous Trump Snake Oil. How long before he starts pardoning them to get his street network back in place?
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/timesof...re-claims/amp/
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Feds are cracking down on the criminals pushing poisonous Trump Snake Oil. How long before he starts pardoning them to get his street network back in place?
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/timesof...re-claims/amp/
          Dispensing Schedule IV controlled substances over the phone with no exam, in and of itself, should get his license to practice yanked. Never mind the fraudulent claims about curing corona.

Comment

If this gets going in Florida, I can see that state being worse than NY and NJ.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Smithfield is owned by the Chinese. JBS in Worthington is owned by the Brazilians. Literally a world apart.
              Okay. One article I quickly Googled made it sound like they were shared facilities.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                31k new cases reported...2500 dead...

OPEN IT UP!!!

And looks like Cali's good fortune is running out. Added 1500 new cases. Flo(R)ida added 1400 cases...good thing they opened the beaches.

Man if these tools think this shut down was bad when they cause a massive new wave and we shut it down for the summer it will make this seem like a piece of cake.
                If parts of the country open up, and cases spike significantly say by like the end of May, I will state right now that there is no way Trump lets anything shut back down again. His re-election depends on his "booming economy", which will take some time to happen, if it does, and the closer to election day we get before cases spike, the greater the odds are that he just refuses to do anything more to prevent the spread.

I've said it before though, I don't care how many businesses are reopened, how many people are back to work, I don't see how you have a thriving economy with 2000 people dying every day. I don't understand how these people think they can.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  If parts of the country open up, and cases spike significantly say by like the end of May, I will state right now that there is no way Trump lets anything shut back down again. His re-election depends on his "booming economy", which will take some time to happen, if it does, and the closer to election day we get before cases spike, the greater the odds are that he just refuses to do anything more to prevent the spread.

I've said it before though, I don't care how many businesses are reopened, how many people are back to work, I don't see how you have a thriving economy with 2000 people dying every day. I don't understand how these people think they can.
                  NO matter how much the death business of cemeteries, coffins, embalmers are booming they are not making up for all the lost wages of dead people.

Comment

I keep seeing the orange menace claiming we are peaked. Is anywhere but NY seeing any consistent drop? We aren't and we are doing a pretty good job of doing it right. They think maybe next week.

Is the guy in FLA on drugs? He must be smoking something powerful. He kills off all the old white men and who is left to vote for him?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

I actually kinda disagree here. I think Trump is a giant man-baby. I think he is actually affected by people's plights and horrific mass casulty events, he just goes out of his way to avoid seeing/reading about them. (His quote about how his briefing with Fauci was "the worst day of his life" actually approached humanity!) He's also all bluster. He doesn't have the cahones to actually follow through on his threats to disband Congress or force the governors to re-open their states (which is why he backed down).

I think the current setup is so that he can blame governors when they open things back up too early and lots of people die, or he can blame the other governors for the recession for keeping their states closed if we somehow get lucky and lots of people don't die.

The problem, of course, is that once the disaster is readily apparent to anyone with eyes, it's already too late.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I keep seeing the orange menace claiming we are peaked. Is anywhere but NY seeing any consistent drop? We aren't and we are doing a pretty good job of doing it right. They think maybe next week.

Is the guy in FLA on drugs? He must be smoking something powerful. He kills off all the old white men and who is left to vote for him?
                        Not whatsoever, no. But that's what the broken IHME model that they've chosen to be the national model is saying, so that's what he's going with. There's plenty of blame to go around on that one.

EDIT: Even Spain, which has supposedly been on the downturn for a couple of weeks posted their highest death rate today since April 8th, and only two days have had a higher new case total since April 4th. It's going to be a long, long road back to normalcy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
                          God you are an *******.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Weird. A meat packing plant in Minnesota suddenly became a hotspot. I was told that wouldn’t happen if the state had just implemented stay at home rules like Minnesota.
                            In SD, a hot spot = more than 300 people infected at a meat processing plant, in MN, it's 7.

Explain how that is the same. Use math if it helps.

Maybe you should join your libuertud my state groups and yell a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                              I actually kinda disagree here. I think Trump is a giant man-baby. I think he is actually affected by people's plights and horrific mass casulty events, he just goes out of his way to avoid seeing/reading about them. (His quote about how his briefing with Fauci was "the worst day of his life" actually approached humanity!)
                              Dump is only feels sad for Dump. More deaths and economic woe mean Dump's re-election odds, which already hovered somewhere around 50/50, are bleak. This is why he's now obsessed with making sure that he can pin the economic problems on the Dem governors, and also sh*tting on the idea of making it easier to vote.

Comment

Who saw that coming?! https://twitter.com/ChadCotti/status...38294790311945

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X