Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunyac 20-21

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
    Brink was a medical red shirt in 2018-2019.
    Thanks for the info I fixed it, I have been going by what they were listed in College Hockey Stats.

Comment

Brink was a medical red shirt in 2018-2019.
      But will he return? He still could have graduated.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        But will he return? He still could have graduated.
        He wasn't involved in activities with the seniors (e.g., the senior group photos after the championship game, senior night, etc.) so I assume he will be back for another year. He's also listed as a junior on the Ice Knights roster. (I did check these things before posting my comment.)

Comment

Some new recruits

Connor Galloway- Brockport- Boston JR Rangers EHL- (not listed in Neutral Zone)

Tim Cronin- Brockport- New Hampshire Avalanche EHL- (2.5 Stars) League Rank- 14

Noah Bull- Oswego- Corpus Christi IceRays NAHL / Pickering Panthers OJHL- (3.25 stars) League Rank- 31

Shane Bull- Oswego- Corpus Christi IceRays NAHL / Pickering Panthers OJHL- (3.5 stars) League Rank- 16 National Rank 289

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
            Some new recruits

Connor Galloway- Brockport- Boston JR Rangers EHL- (not listed in Neutral Zone)

Tim Cronin- Brockport- New Hampshire Avalanche EHL- (2.5 Stars) League Rank- 14

Noah Bull- Oswego- Corpus Christi IceRays NAHL / Pickering Panthers OJHL- (3.25 stars) League Rank- 31

Shane Bull- Oswego- Corpus Christi IceRays NAHL / Pickering Panthers OJHL- (3.5 stars) League Rank- 16 National Rank 289
            Looks like 2 nice pick ups for the Lakers,big kid Shane at 6' 220lbs...more to come.....stay well all

Comment

Plattsburgh 2020/2021
              Players Lost
              1) Joe Drabin- F
              2) Ryan Kuhn- F
              3) Andrew Pizzo- D
              4) Philip Middleton- D

Number of Players Returning
              1) Forwards- 12
              2) Defensemen-6
              3) Goalies- 3

Goals Lost (SUNYAC) - 11
              Goals Returning (SUNYAC) – 34
              24% scoring lost

Recruits
              Corey Doney- D- Vermont Lumberjacks EHL (3 Stars) League Rank- 2
              Joe Mancuso- F- Northeast Generals NAHL / Connecticut JR Rangers NCDC (3.5 Stars) League Rank- 10 National Rank- 270
              Devin Kasperek- D- PAL JR Islanders NCDC (3.25 Stars)
              Kevin Weaver-Vitale- D- Markham Royals OJHL (3.25 Stars) League Rank- 28
              Recruit:

Pavel Kharin - F - Johnstown Tomahawks NAHL (I'll leave it to you to fillin the blanks)

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                Recruit:

Pavel Kharin - F - Johnstown Tomahawks NAHL (I'll leave it to you to fillin the blanks)
                LOL Yes I just realized I forgot to add him to the list. I have another for Morrisville that I will add in a few.

Comment

Plattsburgh-
                  Pavel Kharin- F- Johnstown Tomahawks NAHL (3 Stars) League Rank- 176

Morrisville-
                  Curtis Abbott- F- Nepean Raiders CCHL / Whitby Fury OJHL / Brantford 99ers OJHL (3 Stars) League Rank- 46

I am still thinking Morrisville has either lost a number of players other than Seniors or they are thinking of bringing a whole 2nd team and play the numbers game.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    Looks like 2 nice pick ups for the Lakers,big kid Shane at 6' 220lbs...more to come.....stay well all
                    Here is what Neutral Zone Scouting said about both Noah and Shane after watching the NAHL Showcase-

Noah Bull (F, L, 5’10”, 175, Pickering Panthers, 03/09/1999)-We noted Noah as he is very tough to play against, especially when he hunts pucks. He is average sized but sturdy and tough. He took away opponents passing and skating lanes and then neutralized their hands; followed by contact. Once he had possession, he knows how to cycle and was strong on the puck. Fired a few rocket shots on net and although he didn’t pick up any points, he helped his team start several slid shifts in the offensive zone. Grade: C

Shane Bull #16 (F, L, 5’11”, 199, Pickering Panthers, 09/03/1999) -Shane was strong on the puck. He is really strong and used his strength to win pucks and punish opponents on the fore check. He is a balanced skater at 6’ and 220lbs. Hard to knock off the puck and power on his edges. He showed a hard snap shot. He also protected the puck well along the wall and on the cycle. He was around the net and around the action every shift. Tough to play against. Shane is in the OJHL now and would be a nice addition to a small college. He will cause major match up issues at that level. His skating is average from a speed standpoint but excellent from a balance standpoint. Grade: B-

Comment

Geneseo 2020/2021
                      Players lost
                      1) Andrew Romano- F
                      2) Conlan Keenan- F
                      3) Tyson Empey- F
                      4) David Szmyd- F
                      5) Tanner Salsberry- D
                      6) Cam Russell- D
                      7) Teddy McCabe- D

Number of Players Returning
                      1) Forwards- 10
                      2) Defense- 5
                      3) Goalies- 3

Goals Lost (Sunyac)- 38
                      Goals Returning (Sunyac)- 39
                      49% of the scoring lost.

Recruits
                      Camron Cervone- D- Springfield Jr. Blues & Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights NAHL (3 Stars) League Rank- 169
                      Trent DeNuccio- F- Springfield Jr. Blues NAHL & New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs NCDC (3.25 Stars) League Rank- 135
                      Zach Rehbaum- F- Northern Cyclones NCDC (Originally committed to Brown) (3.25 Stars)
                      Jared Thomas- F- Boston Jr. Bandits NCDC (3.25 Stars)
                      Bryce DeFazio- D- Northern Cyclones NCDC (3.25 Stars) League Rank- 13 National Rank- 295
                      Rehbaum is now listed as 3.5 Stars

Comment

Here is what Neutral Zone Scouting said about both Noah and Shane after watching the NAHL Showcase-

Noah Bull (F, L, 5’10”, 175, Pickering Panthers, 03/09/1999)-We noted Noah as he is very tough to play against, especially when he hunts pucks. He is average sized but sturdy and tough. He took away opponents passing and skating lanes and then neutralized their hands; followed by contact. Once he had possession, he knows how to cycle and was strong on the puck. Fired a few rocket shots on net and although he didn’t pick up any points, he helped his team start several slid shifts in the offensive zone. Grade: C

Shane Bull #16 (F, L, 5’11”, 199, Pickering Panthers, 09/03/1999) -Shane was strong on the puck. He is really strong and used his strength to win pucks and punish opponents on the fore check. He is a balanced skater at 6’ and 220lbs. Hard to knock off the puck and power on his edges. He showed a hard snap shot. He also protected the puck well along the wall and on the cycle. He was around the net and around the action every shift. Tough to play against. Shane is in the OJHL now and would be a nice addition to a small college. He will cause major match up issues at that level. His skating is average from a speed standpoint but excellent from a balance standpoint. Grade: B-
                        Thanks for the info cant find much on the web it seems anymore...unless ya pay-up....The BIG ???? for Oz is who is coming in BTWN the pipes,got a small sample of Koz,but not enough......We need 2 more netminders,I think it may be harder to find info about them and harder to scout them as well Ok Dmac its up to you.
                        Last edited by bakdraft21; 04-10-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Like a lot of rating systems of its kind, the predictive validity of the Neutral Zone star system, while fun to follow, clearly varies a lot, as do the scouting reports on individual players. You have to look carefully at how many times they were evaluated, where (regular season game, playoff game, showcase), and when. There's clearly nothing better than seeing a potential recruit with your own eyes and considering issues like level of competition (in juniors and your own division and conference), what pieces you need in your line-up, chemistry with teammates, whether they would fit well into your system (such as it is), their character, etc. You also need to have some sense of their potential ceiling developmentally, which calls for some imagination, and whether they seem willing to put in the work to get there. Geneseo's Keenan and Romano, two of the best forwards in DIII hockey over the last couple years, both received (only) 3 stars on Neutral Zone, but the coaching staff apparently saw that their skill sets, style of play, etc. would likely translate well at Geneseo. We're obviously largely limited to looking at ratings of this kind (like their game and season statistics) from the outside in.
                          Last edited by geneseo; 04-09-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Like a lot of rating systems of its kind, the predictive validity of the Neutral Zone star system, while fun to follow, clearly varies a lot, as do the scouting reports on individual players. You have to look carefully at how many times they were evaluated, where (regular season game, playoff game, showcase), and when. There's clearly nothing better than seeing a potential recruit with your own eyes and considering issues like level of competition (in juniors and your own division and conference), what pieces you need in your line-up, chemistry with teammates, whether they would fit well into your system (such as it is), their character, etc. You also need to have some sense of their potential ceiling developmentally, which calls for some imagination, and whether they seem willing to put in the work to get there. Geneseo's Keenan and Romano, two of the best forwards in DIII hockey over the last couple years, both received (only) 3 stars on Neutral Zone, but the coaching staff apparently saw that their skill sets, style of play, etc. would likely translate well at Geneseo. We're obviously largely limited to looking at ratings of this kind (like their game and season statistics) from the outside in.
                            While it is true the evaluation systems like this may not always accurately depict how the player translates to the next level. But until we see them on the ice with their college teams we wouldn't know how they react to the next level. I mean if look at Romano he played in what many would say is the 2nd best JR league in the US behind the USHL and with his stats in the 2 years he played he looked like a good but not great prospect, we see that his skills translated better in the college game. From all the scouting reports I read the scouts look at all the intangibles like positioning with and without the puck, skating ability, play in all 3 zones. That's why I used Neutral Zone's star ratings because we can't all see every JR player out there and be able to see how they play and judge their talents and problems. I like the star system better then the point system they use because that judges players on things that are not in their control like the league they play in and how players coming out of the league have fared.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Thanks for the info cant find much on the web it seems anymore...unless ya pay-up....The BIG ???? for Oz is who is coming in BTWN the pipes,got a small sample of Koz,but not enough......We need 2 more netminders,I think it may be harder to find info about them and harder to scout them as well Ok Dmac its up to you.
                              I am on it because I am curious about new goalies coming into the league, I am waiting to see if Plattsburgh is going to bring in a Freshman this year to groom for next year or wait.

Comment

Oswego-

Rocco Andreacchi- F- Pickering Panthers OJHL (3.5 Stars) League Rank- 12 National Rank- 278

From the OJHL showcase-
                                Rocco Andreacchi #15 Pickering (Right, Forward, 6’1”, 193, Late 1999-Rocco is entering his 4th season in this league and has shown himself to be a consistent point producer at this level. He has good size and he isn’t afraid to use it as he made a couple big hits, one in the offensive zone and one in the neutral zone. A bit of an awkward skater however he is deceptive. On one 2 on 1 he had the puck, faked a shot to freeze the defender and slid a beauty to his liney for a one touch goal. He has a strong physical offensive zone presence, shows a quick snap shot and goes to the net hard for the garbage. Grade B+

Comment

Working...
                                X