• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunyac 20-21

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
    Plattsburgh recruit:

Chris Trouba - D - Johnstown Tomahawks NAHL (3.25 stars) League Rank - 148

Fun Fact - His brother is Jacob Trouba of the New York Rangers
    He's another good get for Platty. Very strong class overall, including the 4 incoming dmen (I'm familiar with Kasperek who played some juniors down in FL). But with 10 dmen, I suspect a few returners are being encouraged to move on or will not see the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      He's another good get for Platty. Very strong class overall, including the 4 incoming dmen (I'm familiar with Kasperek who played some juniors down in FL). But with 10 dmen, I suspect a few returners are being encouraged to move on or will not see the ice.
      I was wondering the same thing when I counted the number of D, the other thing is a possible position change because I know Ryan Hogg was listed as a F/D in juniors so a possible move to Forward? So far the only person I have seen not returning is Cullen Kane.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing when I counted the number of D, the other thing is a possible position change because I know Ryan Hogg was listed as a F/D in juniors so a possible move to Forward? So far the only person I have seen not returning is Cullen Kane.
        That's a good point that I didn't consider, especially if someone volunteers for that duty theoretically in order to get more ice time. As far as Kane, third school in as many years is the charm?

Comment

Glamos is a nice pick up for Buff State.

Comment

BTW, further to this, I can think of 2 OA D1 goalies with USHL experience who are in the transfer portal who never played a game for their respective schools:

Jake Kucharski, Providence
            Eric Green, UML

Given D1 transfers usually wait as long as possible until they've exhausted all their options, I suppose they could be candidates as well (thinking Green would be more likely).
            Kucharski just announced he's transferring to AIC, so no longer an Oswego goalie option. These goalie candidates are really making you sweat it out!

Comment

Kucharski just announced he's transferring to AIC, so no longer an Oswego goalie option. These goalie candidates are really making you sweat it out!
              It is just fun to see whats out there and who we may end up with,Koz had a nice season ending with the Genny game,but I am sure the coaching staff will have a challenger for the spot....

Comment

Makes you wonder now if Jarrett Fiske is going to transfer as he was the 3rd goalie last year and with a Freshman and transfer coming in. Fiske only played in 2 games for a total ice time of 5:21. He played for Junior hockey for the Kemptville 73s in the CCHL which we all know Oswego likes getting guys from the CCHL.

Comment

Makes you wonder now if Jarrett Fiske is going to transfer as he was the 3rd goalie last year and with a Freshman and transfer coming in. Fiske only played in 2 games for a total ice time of 5:21. He played for Junior hockey for the Kemptville 73s in the CCHL which we all know Oswego likes getting guys from the CCHL.
                  Oz does get a bunch of players from the CCHl and the OJHL,I am sure he is on the radar,funny how there are soooooo many pieces to the recruiting puzzle,many we have not even discussed.

Comment

Geneseo commit Frank Vitucci Wellington Dukes 6 feet 181 lbs GP:54 G:36 A:31 TP:67

Comment

• Re: Sunyac 20-21

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                      Geneseo commit Frank Vitucci Wellington Dukes 6 feet 181 lbs GP:54 G:36 A:31 TP:67
                      another nice p/u for the Ice Knights...

Comment

Geneseo Recruit-

Frank Vitucci -F - Wellington Dukes OJHL (3.50 stars) League Rank- 6 National Rank- 202

Comment

dmac's list at post #35 is as good a place to start as anywhere (why re-create the wheel, I always say?). That having been said, at least three guys are already off the board:

Jack Caruso to Denver
                          Jett Alexander to U of Toronto (USports)
                          Braedon Fleming to So. AB Inst. of Tech

The coaches and advisors for the NA boys must be feeling the heat to place them (witness the 50 in 50 series by the NA). So my guess would be Pavlisin or MacKay with a slight edge to MacKay since he's an eastern kid.
                          Goalie Pavlisin commits to Norwich, another potential Oswego goalie off the board.

Comment

With University of Alabama-Huntsville discontinuing their hockey program they is a possibility Oswego could get a goalie from that program.

Comment

With University of Alabama-Huntsville discontinuing their hockey program they is a possibility Oswego could get a goalie from that program.
                              They currently have 7 new recruits listed on Neutral Zone--6 forwards and one d-man. They also have 4 tenders on their current roster with at least one year of eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                                They currently have 7 new recruits listed on Neutral Zone--6 forwards and one d-man. They also have 4 tenders on their current roster with at least one year of eligibility left.
                                LIU is D1 and trying to go for this season. I imagine they could take a lot of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X