Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2020 Offseason

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    as they seem more willing to get COVID-19 to celebrate their liberty..
    Yeah, that liberty stuff is really annoying when it gets in the way of a good control-op...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I'm almost positive that Timothy will want to tune in for this one! Starts at 7:00pm Central.

"In this Gopher Classics replay from February 5, 2016, Gopher Women's Hockey all-time great Amanda Kessel returned to the ice after missing nearly two years of competition as Minnesota defeated North Dakota 3-0 at Ridder Arena."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z02dXKodsqs
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        I'm almost positive that Timothy will want to tune in for this one! Starts at 7:00pm Central.

"In this Gopher Classics replay from February 5, 2016, Gopher Women's Hockey all-time great Amanda Kessel returned to the ice after missing nearly two years of competition as Minnesota defeated North Dakota 3-0 at Ridder Arena."

Like a moth to flame with his KDS...

Comment

Gophers take a 1-0 lead after one on a goal by Hannah Brandt. Hard to believe Minnesota's power play proficiency was at 48% into February.

Comment

And Baldwin makes it 2-0 early in the second....

Comment

Sophie Skarzynski scores to make it 3-0 in the 3rd. Amanda Kessel with two assists in her return to Gopher Women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

I knew I should not have come in here. It is crazy that she retired due to the injury, but since she Brett Favred she has stayed very healthy, eh?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I knew I should not have come in here. It is crazy that she retired due to the injury, but since she Brett Favred she has stayed very healthy, eh?
                  It took a bit for your response but...The KDS is still very real.

Comment

It is crazy that she retired due to the injury, but since she Brett Favred she has stayed very healthy, eh?
                    I realize that you're referring to concussions, but I wouldn't ever use the phrase "stayed very healthy" when speaking about Amanda Kessel. The first time I ever saw her, I was watching a game at SSM in hopes of seeing her and the Lams, and she was sitting in the stands in street clothes; that was a sign of what was to come. Kessel battled injury much of her rookie season, was mostly healthy as a sophomore, and then her Kaz year was one injury after another. She was coming off surgery (hip?) and was listed on the fourth line in the opener against Colgate, was injured again and missed a game by the series in Grand Forks. When UND came to town in January, she was probably as healthy as she was at any point in her UM career and she had six goals and four assists in the series. That was against a team that I think was as good as any team in the country outside of the Gophs. Then she hurt her arm later in February and wasn't able to hold her stick at times down the stretch. Kessel finished with 101 points in 37 games, a few of which she played a very limited role. I wonder what kind of season she would have had if she'd been healthy. For her abbreviated senior season, she wasn't even lifting, so she wasn't at the same level that she'd been three years before.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I realize that you're referring to concussions, but I wouldn't ever use the phrase "stayed very healthy" when speaking about Amanda Kessel.
                      Her post UM career has been all healthy from what I have seen with the national team, though I admit I don't pay much attention to her when she's on the ice. Her shifts are the run to the fridge or go make a deposit times, even if she's playing with players who I like.

Comment

I realize that you're referring to concussions, but I wouldn't ever use the phrase "stayed very healthy" when speaking about Amanda Kessel. The first time I ever saw her, I was watching a game at SSM in hopes of seeing her and the Lams, and she was sitting in the stands in street clothes; that was a sign of what was to come. Kessel battled injury much of her rookie season, was mostly healthy as a sophomore, and then her Kaz year was one injury after another. She was coming off surgery (hip?) and was listed on the fourth line in the opener against Colgate, was injured again and missed a game by the series in Grand Forks. When UND came to town in January, she was probably as healthy as she was at any point in her UM career and she had six goals and four assists in the series. That was against a team that I think was as good as any team in the country outside of the Gophs. Then she hurt her arm later in February and wasn't able to hold her stick at times down the stretch. Kessel finished with 101 points in 37 games, a few of which she played a very limited role. I wonder what kind of season she would have had if she'd been healthy. For her abbreviated senior season, she wasn't even lifting, so she wasn't at the same level that she'd been three years before.
                        Not bad for a gimp with one hand tied behind her back!
                        I remember it being a knee and hand injury if it matters. She was magic on ice.

Comment

Great story.

Faith, not Minnesota ties, brought Denard Span, Anne Schleper together
                          https://www.startribune.com/faith-no...her/570711052/

Comment

Interview with Associate Head Coach Joel Johnson. Program fans, supporters and players are very fortunate to have him.

https://gophersports.com/news/2020/5...l-johnson.aspx

Comment

I was going to give you folks a little crap for all the poor behavior in Rodentapolis, then the losers (the ones pillaging, not the ones peacefully protesting) in Madison (and Milwaukee) decide they want free stuff too, although to a much smaller scale. What a country. Hopefully all of you are safe and have not incurred any damage to personal property.

Comment

Hopefully all of you are safe and have not incurred any damage to personal property.
                                Thanks...

It's been an interesting few days for sure. I live on the outskirts of the Twin City metro area so nothing going on in our area. However, it is pretty cool to see neighborhoods coming together and helping out in whatever ways they can to provide relief for those areas that were hit hardest.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-01-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X