Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    New York City has ordered that EMTs are not to transport cardiac arrest pts to a hospital unless a rhythm and pulse are established.
    Just thinking about this for a second though, the prognosis for someone without rhythm and pulse is pretty bad. Obviously this makes it universally fatal, but if they can’t get a pulse in the field with a portable defib, the odds can’t be great, right? What are the statistics?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Just thinking about this for a second though, the prognosis for someone without rhythm and pulse is pretty bad. Obviously this makes it universally fatal, but if they can’t get a pulse in the field with a portable defib, the odds can’t be great, right? What are the statistics?
      Former EMT parents: not good.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Genrally fewer than 10% of out of hospital cardiac arrest victims survive to discharge with normal or mostly normal neurological function. If EMTs who are able to provide advanced cardiac life support (as opposed to just CPR and use of an AED) are unable to restore a viable rhythm before arrival at the ER, death is pretty universal. They are doing things that would be done at the hospital anyway. Most EMS services now do everything they can in the field to stabilize a patient prior to scooping them up and rushing to the hospital. I don't think this is going to lead to appreciably more people dying after suffering cardiac arrest, but it is another sad detail in our new normal.

Comment

So the couple of Trumpers on my Facebook feed have been pushing the "instead of counting the dead, count the survivors" narrative, as well as the "look at this super high percentage of negative tests!" line.

Is that the current push by the Murdoch empire, or are they just self-deluding to make it seem less bad?

I will say, I've never been closer to just dumping Facebook altogether. I appreciate the...alternative perspectives...that Bernie Bros and Trumpers provide so I'm not in a bubble, but their posts are making me want to just strangle them more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Well no one ever accused Republicans of knowing what numbers mean

I'm sure Sicatoka is very concerned...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              So the couple of Trumpers on my Facebook feed have been pushing the "instead of counting the dead, count the survivors" narrative, as well as the "look at this super high percentage of negative tests!" line.

Is that the current push by the Murdoch empire, or are they just self-deluding to make it seem less bad?

I will say, I've never been closer to just dumping Facebook altogether. I appreciate the...alternative perspectives...that Bernie Bros and Trumpers provide so I'm not in a bubble, but their posts are making me want to just strangle them more and more.
              That stinks of Murdoch. Just their type of spin.
              Last edited by Handyman; 03-31-2020, 10:57 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's the hindsight perspective.

Well, we saved THIS many!

But if things were taken care of in the first place...you'd see different numbers.

Using the first case, sure, they did a good job. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And don't forget all of them women Kavanaugh didn't rape!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    And don't forget all of them women Kavanaugh didn't rape!
                    Holy shot that’s gold.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Well no one ever accused Republicans of knowing what numbers mean

I'm sure Sicatoka is very concerned...
                      But if it weren't for Hillary's emails how else would we have learned about her dastardly top secret plot to make risotto!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        But if it weren't for Hillary's emails how else would we have learned about her dastardly top secret plot to make risotto!
                        Risotto is Italian...FASCIST! Like Obama and his Muslim Fistbump and having gangsta rappers like Common at the WH.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I keep seeing people on FB think that the government is graciously creating $1200 to give to people. I've pointed out to a few acquaintances that it's really just a credit on the 2020 tax return but it falls on deaf ears.

Also seeing the humble brag from the same people trying to justify that a one time shot of $1200 is perfect because it's the Federal minimum wage ($7.25) x 40 hours x 4 weeks. ($1,160)

For the record, the recovery check would not be enough to pay my mortgage this month.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            I keep seeing people on FB think that the government is graciously creating $1200 to give to people. I've pointed out to a few acquaintances that it's really just a credit on the 2020 tax return but it falls on deaf ears.

Also seeing the humble brag from the same people trying to justify that a one time shot of $1200 is perfect because it's the Federal minimum wage ($7.25) x 40 hours x 4 weeks. ($1,160)

For the record, the recovery check would not be enough to pay my mortgage this month.
                            Doesn't cover my rent either...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I quit FB completely about 16 months ago and have not missed it even a little bit. I advise everyone just to get away from it. I do have Instagram for a very carefully curated exposure to my close relatives pics of children and skiing and so on.
                              However, my understanding is that the 1200 isn’t going to be added to the taxes you normally pay (nor taken out of your normal refund). They’ll just create a “Coronavirus tax credit” to tack on next year, to square the books. Most people will have received it a year ahead of time (later this month) but the irs will make it up to whoever they miss in 2020, a year from now.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Passed 4000 dead...gonna be well over 190k cases tomorrow.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X