Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Yeah, the ducks in the parks around my place have started to get a lot braver around the few people who are out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I like that he's in the correct lane and observing the signal.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I like that he's in the correct lane and observing the signal.
        That's how you know it's not a New York coyote.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          That's how you know it's not a New York coyote.
          Canis latrans flyoveris.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There is a video on YouTube of a civet in India or somewhere, thought extinct for 20 years, strolling the downtown. The bat/pangolin/raven/dolphin alliance war panel is meeting somewhere right now and rubbing their furry little paws together in glee.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              As long as he doesn’t claim to be an MD, I assume it means he has a terminal degree (in broadcasting or whatever). I work with tons of people who have never been near a hospital who insist on the “doctor” title.
              He has a MD and did a residency in internal medicine

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

"I accept your apology" does not equal "that was okay."
                Bingo. Every time he gives advice someone should (and will) make sure to hammer home how ridiculous and wrong he was about this. He blew his reputation trying to stay in the spotlight on Faux and he should never live that down. But anyone willing to admit, in real time (not years later like most do) that they screwed up should be welcomed to do so.

Drew should just stay in his lane, he does good work with addiction and that is where he should confine his advice to. (and even there he is but one of many voices) The more he pretends to be an expert on other things the more he becomes Dr. Oz.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  To be honest, the apology video was all I’ve ever seen of “Dr. Drew”, so I’m just spitballing here on his intrinsic human value. For all I know he could be DJ Trump’s illegitimate basterd and should be silenced forever. I’m more agreeing with your general principle.
                  Drew became famous as the cohost of Loveline...but his "specialty" is recovery and addiction. He runs a rehab center and had a show on VH1 called "Celebrity Rehab" where he had famous junkies try and get clean. It is blatant pandering and he is a salesman for sure, but as someone who knows people who work both in rehab and who have been in rehab the methods he employs are solid. Problem is not many people who really need it can afford to go to places like his. (or say Hazelden)

Beyond that I know nothing about him except he definitely has an ego and likes the spotlight.

edit: I forgot he did a residency in internal medicine thanks Bassale. He uses that to give himself more "authority" when speaking on stuff outside of recovery.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    There is a video on YouTube of a civet in India or somewhere, thought extinct for 20 years, strolling the downtown. The bat/pangolin/raven/dolphin alliance war panel is meeting somewhere right now and rubbing their furry little paws together in glee.
                    I read an article that said carbon emissions are going to experience the biggest drop since WW2. Well Played Mother Nature.

That picture of the coyote is like a scene from I Am Legend
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Now just wait for the rushed vaccine
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I read an article that said carbon emissions are going to experience the biggest drop since WW2. Well Played Mother Nature.

Comment

There are approximately 4000 known coyotes in Cook County (where Chicago is within). They thrive pretty well on the mice, rats, geese, and other small game in the metro area.

The lack of people/traffic is causing them to alter their patterns since they don't have as much to avoid.

Also, are y'all that citified that you've never seen this sh** and it amazes you? Jesus Christ.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            There are approximately 4000 known coyotes in Cook County (where Chicago is within). They thrive pretty well on the mice, rats, geese, and other small game in the metro area.

The lack of people/traffic is causing them to alter their patterns since they don't have as much to avoid.

Also, are y'all that citified that you've never seen this sh** and it amazes you? Jesus Christ.
                            We hear coyotes all the time in Phoenix but I've never seen one.

Javelinas, though. Now those are a trip.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-06-2020, 01:24 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I will say that if you see a coyote during the day, something *might* be wrong with it. (Same theory with raccoons.) Hopefully the Chicago coyote wasnt ostracised from the pack.

If coyotes are hunting larger game, one coyote will usually play bait with the remainder of the pack in hiding, waiting for the bait coyote to lure the prey back. Generally this happens in the evening. I will purposely avoid the park near my subdivision at night during winter/spring when walking my dogs. Thankfully, they will alert me to the presence of coyotes.

*edit* It is still a neat shot of the coyote downtown. And glad the photog keep his distance.

And Javelinas, holy cow! Those are odd! Neat animal!
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I will say that if you see a coyote during the day, something *might* be wrong with it. (Same theory with raccoons.) Hopefully the Chicago coyote wasnt ostracised from the pack.

If coyotes are hunting larger game, one coyote will usually play bait with the remainder of the pack in hiding, waiting for the bait coyote to lure the prey back. Generally this happens in the evening. I will purposely avoid the park near my subdivision at night during winter/spring when walking my dogs. Thankfully, they will alert me to the presence of coyotes.

And Javelinas, holy cow! Those are odd! Neat animal!
                                First time I saw one I couldn't believe it. They are so thin across the beam they look 2-dimensional.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X