Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That hashtag flipped a couple of hours later. It became all liberals ripping Magaytes for attacking a company using capitalism to make a profit
    And boycotting one of the firms making life saving equipment has a certain irony to it, too.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Ok

It’s self-enforcing. Communities that don’t will die off quicker. Communities that do, won’t.
      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The disease does not care. Our social difficulties are irrelevant.
      I'm well-aware. I'm just telling it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I'm just telling it like it is.
        In fifty years that phrasing going to make everyone cringe like “Final Solution” does today.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In fifty years that phrasing going to make everyone cringe like “Final Solution” does today.
          You get what I'm saying though? You and I might continue to shelter in place because we know better, but the more this thing gets extended past Memorial Day, and especially as the curve does eventually bend and start downward, the more Joe & Jane Sixpack are going to ignore further orders.

Comment

Minneapolis already announced that there will be no rec sports leagues or public pools open this summer and no beaches will be staffed with lifeguards to discourage gatherings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I saw something last night where multiple governors are saying their people can’t SIP after April 30. What that means is “they don’t want to”
              Whitmer wants to extend SIP, but Republicans in our state legislature are balking.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

"Go on - take it. Uncle Vinnie wants to help you out."
                "The rent stays the same!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Yeah, the whole warm weather thing hasn't shown to be the case for COVID-19 for a while now. Most of us have been saying this isn't a one or two-month SIP. This is likely a 6-18 month deal. Either until we gain herd immunity from infections or a vaccine. Until then, we're just stretching things out to keep the CFR low.
                  Dr Fauci still thinks it will have a seasonality to it. Just because the virus may not do quite as well in warmer humid environments doesn't mean it goes away though.

better testing and effective antivirals are the key to going somewhat back to normal without waiting 12-18 months hoping on a vaccine.

Comment

You get what I'm saying though? You and I might continue to shelter in place because we know better, but the more this thing gets extended past Memorial Day, and especially as the curve does eventually bend and start downward, the more Joe & Jane Sixpack are going to ignore further orders.
                    Yeah, I know. You're not a dummy by any measure. Just trying to inject a little dark humor.

But yeah, I'm really worried about that. I know the red-blooded Patriots who salute the flag *sniff* (God Bless) will exusize theyur rights as an Amurican to be free from tearunny! We're going to have a second bump, we knew we would. Most experts were hoping it was the bump in fall/winter like many pandemics have, but I'm a little concerned about this one...
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-protein.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        There were stories last week about the favela drug gangs enforcing curfews and handing out supplies.
                        Best social distancing enforcers evah.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The disease does not care. Our social difficulties are irrelevant.
                          If humans won't do something about climate change, Mother Nature will.

Comment

You're not a dummy by any measure.
                            I know a lot of people who would disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I saw something last night where multiple governors are saying their people can’t SIP after April 30. What that means is “they don’t want to”
                              Saw a good meme at the beginning of all this. Something like

"In 1941, your government was asking young people to go to war. Today, your government is asking you to sit on your couch. We can do this!"

Comment

THis was super fascinating:
                                The coronavirus genome ends with a snippet of RNA that stops the cell’s protein-making machinery. It then trails away as a repeating sequence of aaaaaaaaaaaaa
                                It's just like a human using a series of 999999999s to terminate a script. Utterly incredible.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X