Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I don't know. I must have missed it then. I saw it yesterday for the first time on social media. The minions have picked it up.
    FOX News was pushing the issue April 1st, and many replies to the lies include similar wording as this one in an effort to correct the gaslighting.

Not surprised the minions are pushing it again a week later.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I think the rest of the country will be spared NY's experience primarily because the rest of the country doesn't have the mix of perfect pandemic factors that NY has. NY has the combination of being a hub for international travel, extreme population density, heavy reliance on public transportation, and a work/living arrangement in which arteries of people flow into and out of the hub (NYC) by public transportation each day, returning to Long Island, CT, NJ, etc..., by night as they spread the disease. 5.7 million ride the subway in NYC each day. That's more than the entire population of Minnesota.
        What part of the "experience" are you talking about?

Maybe the total raw numbers, but the hospitalization and death rates are higher in other parts of the country. There's news that New Orleans death rate is over double New York City's.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          FOX News was pushing the issue April 1st, and many replies to the lies include similar wording as this one in an effort to correct the gaslighting.

Not surprised the minions are pushing it again a week later.
          Someone should point out that the "Hoax" claim was quite a bit after the Senate vote to not impeach him. So he had more than enough time to do ANYTHING, but just downplayed it and called it a hoax.

Given how many times the russians have complained that the impeachment is the only thing they can focus on, when the Democrats were actually doing work- I guess it's not a surprise that they have the attention span and focus of a squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            What part of the "experience" are you talking about?

Maybe the total raw numbers, but the hospitalization and death rates are higher in other parts of the country. There's news that New Orleans death rate is over double New York City's.
            No doubt that in individual specific locations or cities it will be a mess. I'm sure King County, Washington, was a real treat to be around a few weeks ago.

But here's an example of what I was talking about. Minnesota has about a fourth the population of NY. I don't think MN will ultimately see anywhere close to a fourth of the cases NY will see, or a fourth of the deaths that will occur in NY. Will there be individual locations in Minnesota where things will be bad? Probably, but it won't be the same experience as NYC. I just use MN as an example because it's where I happen to be, but I think the same will be true for Michigan as well, for example.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Can't remember if this was posted already, but the contrast with our own Head of State is remarkable.

Comment

No doubt that in individual specific locations or cities it will be a mess. I'm sure King County, Washington, was a real treat to be around a few weeks ago.

But here's an example of what I was talking about. Minnesota has about a fourth the population of NY. I don't think MN will ultimately see anywhere close to a fourth of the cases NY will see, or a fourth of the deaths that will occur in NY. Will there be individual locations in Minnesota where things will be bad? Probably, but it won't be the same experience as NYC. I just use MN as an example because it's where I happen to be, but I think the same will be true for Michigan as well, for example.
                But are they even 1/4 the amount prepared? Detroit was not, and that's why the death rate is so high in Wayne County and Detroit.

Pure numbers, sure. The impact relative to the facilities are the real issue.

The "experience" is more than just the raw numbers.

Comment

I don't think you're wrong.

NYC is a global city, so the virus appeared there long before Trump took the threat seriously. The density helped it spread.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Was that me? Maybe.

Either way, I used to be a loonitarian righty. There are several posters on here who have dragged me leftward. I’ll bet you can dig up some posts that are absolute doozies from about ten years ago.
                    It was you. It was basically the only time you told me I was being a jerk, and I was so shocked because of how different that is from your usual tone that it made me pay attention to what you were saying. And your argument reminded me of things I believe about presumption of innocence and equality before the bar, and embarrassed me into changing.

Speak your latent conviction, and it shall be the universal sense; for the inmost in due time becomes the outmost, and our first thought is rendered back to us by the trumpets of the Last Judgment. Familiar as the voice of the mind is to each, the highest merit we ascribe to Moses, Plato, and Milton is, that they set at naught books and traditions, and spoke not what men but what they thought. A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize majesty. Great works of art have no more affecting lesson for us than this. They teach us to abide by our spontaneous impression with good-humored inflexibility then most when the whole cry of voices is on the other side. Else, to-morrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another.

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
                    Last edited by Kepler; 04-06-2020, 09:21 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      You understand why I cannot possibly change my position on this . . . .
                      Yes, I do.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        I don't think you're wrong.

NYC is a global city, so the virus appeared there long before Trump took the threat seriously. The density helped it spread.
                        And the example of what's going on there has helped other states and cities where the virus popped up later avoid the catastrophes that NY has suffered.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Btw the Captain who got fired because he asked for help for his sailors...tested positive.
                          He tried to be Sam Damon and he got Courtney Massengale'd by his so-called superiors.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            I have a co-worker that brought this idea up at least 3 weeks ago: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x

it seems like moving forward we could be testing sewage treatment systems in cities as an early warning indicator for outbreaks of various diseases
                            Popular Science had an article about this a few weeks ago. That’s probably where he saw it.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Popular Science had an article about this a few weeks ago. That’s probably where he saw it.
                              no, he came up with the idea based on a paper from The Lancet that had a graph that how long patient fecal samples contained the virus. He has a PhD in computational biology.

Comment

Don't ever cross Dear Leader. I'm quite certain Trump ordered this statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X