Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Als diner being super tiny means you’re jammed in next to someone.

Don’t think walz will consider for April

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Actually, no.

Large crowds, obviously NO.

They are looking to see IF they can loosen the standards a little. So, keep the gatherings small. I don't know the number (and said that in the OP). IF they can loosen the number in the crowds, say a smoke shop that can only hold 10 people, or someplace like Al's Diner that is super-tiny. That sort of thing.

I am NOT advocating for a BWW's to open up, or some other place like that. Talking about the super small businesses, to A) Keep them going and B) keep within safe standards
      I don’t think you understand:
      1. How bad it really is in NYC
      2. How incredibly infectious this disease is
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I don’t think you understand:
        1. How bad it really is in NYC
        2. How incredibly infectious this disease is
        I do and I do. I am talking about MN's policy right now.

We are a lot less dense than NYC. A LOT.
        And a nurse friend just got tested (dunno results yet) while wearing the FULL protective gear.

I am saying, IF POSSIBLE, and IF SAFE(LY), the super small neighborhood places, MAYBE open up. Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I HOPE it's gonna happen.

I expect the general shutdown to extend to May 1, just like the restaurants/etc.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Where population density comes into play is during routine activities, such as commuting to/from work. A crowded restaurant is a crowded restaurant whether in NYC, Minneapolis, or Dallas.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Then shut everything down. All of it. ALL of it.

Think about a family of four. One might get it. Then the other 3 are possibly infected. That is different than having a dog park open for 10x the people in that "closed" space.

IF a state wants to open something up, open up the small stuff. It still might spread, but it's more contained/smaller crowd. It's not like a SUPER MEGA SPORTS BAR where it's still crowded/closed space, but there's also a ton more people in that closed space. See the difference?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I do and I do. I am talking about MN's policy right now.

And a nurse friend just got tested (dunno results yet) while wearing the FULL protective gear.

I am saying, IF POSSIBLE, and IF SAFE(LY), the super small neighborhood places, MAYBE open up. Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I HOPE it's gonna happen.
              Why? The f-ck is the point? What is the rationale for screwing around?

"I have a lot of nice stuff, Mr. Fireman, so if you just let me run back in there for a moment..."

No. If for no other reason than when you get sick some nurse is going to have to care for you and maybe she'll get sick. Can you please think of somebody other than yourself?
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-08-2020, 12:26 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

jfc Rube - why would it make more sense to reopen smaller establishments where when full people are going to be every bit as right on top of each other as larger restaurants? The mom and pops have every right to find ways to sell take-out and keep the business afloat as any other, and wasn't takeout pretty freaking standard from 90% of restaurants already?

It would actually make more sense to reopen larger restaurants but limit capacity to 25% (were one to make such an argument, I am not) but it might not be cost effective for them to do so.

All grocery stores here are required to limit foot traffic at any given time. Wife and I went grocery shopping this morning and we got in line at 8:30 for a 9 a.m. open. People in line stood apart although I would have liked to have seen a bit more. This particular store is the size of an average Cub Foods. They allowed the first 100 people in, then it was 1 person could enter for every 1 that exited so long as the count inside remained at max. I suppose restaurants could do something similar but it would be impossible to "police" it and abuse would likely be rampant.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Are you ****ting me?
                  Apparently, Rube has learned nothing the past few weeks.

Crowds of over 50 are unsafe, and may be a health risk, but if you stay under 50, the virus won't spread. Cause thats how viruses work.
                  Last edited by rufus; 04-08-2020, 05:44 AM.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Then shut everything down. All of it. ALL of it.

Think about a family of four. One might get it. Then the other 3 are possibly infected. That is different than having a dog park open for 10x the people in that "closed" space.

IF a state wants to open something up, open up the small stuff. It still might spread, but it's more contained/smaller crowd. It's not like a SUPER MEGA SPORTS BAR where it's still crowded/closed space, but there's also a ton more people in that closed space. See the difference?
                    The super mega sports bar is the only place large enough to safely host a small gathering. The last thing I would want to do is be with 10 other people packed into Al’s Breakfast. Those 10 people at BDubs would each get their own section..
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Rube, I have to disagree about the restaurants opening as well. Doing so would give a false sense of security to the general population and I don't think that is a good idea right now. It'll exacerbate the problem.

The public is in a weird mindset at the moment and it's difficult to navigate. If we were to open restaurants, there would be a huge rush to go out and eat.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I don't think Walz intends to re-open restaurants and bars at this point. I expect his modifications to be slight. It wouldn't surprise me, for instance, if he allowed golf courses or maybe marinas to open. So long as they keep any associated bars and restaurants closed at those businesses, and so long as people follow social distancing guidelines, they can probably safely operate. We're moving into golf and boating season in Minnesota and I know the governor is under significant pressure to allow those to open up.

I could even see things like landscape businesses open.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You guys are completely misunderstanding my point.

At some point, things are going to open up. So keep it to smaller crowds, as sort of a test run. If nothing really happens, then expand it a little. If something does happen, then back to the shutdown.

It's not difficult to understand.

Comment

At some point, things are going to open up. So keep it to smaller crowds, as sort of a test run. If nothing really happens, then expand it a little. If something does happen, then back to the shutdown.

Let's send your family out there to check for land mines. If nothing happens, then expand a little.

It's not difficult to understand if you have even a scintilla of empathy.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

You keep smaller crowds in large spaces with lowered capacity. If they were to hold a hockey game when this comes back would you rather be with 500 people in Oceanside at ASU or 500 at LCA in Detroit?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                You keep smaller crowds in large spaces with lowered capacity. If they were to hold a hockey game when this comes back would you rather be with 500 people in Oceanside at ASU or 500 at LCA in Detroit?
                                Trick question?
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X