Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

I don't know what the answer is but I'm very curious to see what/how this government supports us if the whole house of cards (the economy) comes crashing down to a complete depression until we have a vaccine.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      You guys are completely misunderstanding my point.

At some point, things are going to open up. So keep it to smaller crowds, as sort of a test run. If nothing really happens, then expand it a little. If something does happen, then back to the shutdown.

It's not difficult to understand.
      It takes up to two weeks for the virus to stop being contagious. If you do a "test run," you won't see a burst of cases for at least a month. Then you lock it down again and you have a two week lag again. This yo-yo-ing will do more harm in the long run.

I won't armchair quarterback this, but I will say I'd rather trust the infectious disease experts instead of listening to a optometrist who didn't finish college (Rand Paul), a cardiologist who is more famous as a TV weight loss scammer (Dr. Oz), or the POTUS who has as much medical experience as a can of Dr. Pepper.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        You keep smaller crowds in large spaces with lowered capacity. If they were to hold a hockey game when this comes back would you rather be with 500 people in Oceanside at ASU or 500 at LCA in Detroit?
        Concerts selling every third seat only?

Going to be a big rise in ticket prices due to demand. And plenty of people willing to stay away for a while.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

At some point, things are going to open up. So keep it to smaller crowds, as sort of a test run. If nothing really happens, then expand it a little. If something does happen, then back to the shutdown.

I know you don’t intend to sound this way, and I think it gets worse the more you try to explain yourself. I think everyone can just agree they don’t agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            optometrist who didn't finish college (Rand Paul)
            I hate the guy, but Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist, meaning he is an M.D. and both finished medical school and did a three year residency.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I don't think Walz intends to re-open restaurants and bars at this point. I expect his modifications to be slight. It wouldn't surprise me, for instance, if he allowed golf courses or maybe marinas to open. So long as they keep any associated bars and restaurants closed at those businesses, and so long as people follow social distancing guidelines, they can probably safely operate. We're moving into golf and boating season in Minnesota and I know the governor is under significant pressure to allow those to open up.

I could even see things like landscape businesses open.
              Yeah I can maybe see that. The landscaping businesses especially.

The other one was my roof. We had been planning to get a new roof and deck for several months now. What happens if my roof starts to leak? Also how am I going to get a HELOC to pay for it? I can live without the new deck, but the roof might not be negotiable.

Golf courses can get in line with everyone else. We don’t need golf courses open.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I hate the guy, but Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist, meaning he is an M.D. and both finished medical school and did a three year residency.
                I stand corrected. Thank you.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

yes, at some point things are going to open up. Not now though. There are a few things that need to happen first. It needs to get knocked down to a level where we can have a South Korea-like testing, contact tracing, and isolation strategy.

Comment

I don't think Walz intends to re-open restaurants and bars at this point. I expect his modifications to be slight. It wouldn't surprise me, for instance, if he allowed golf courses or maybe marinas to open. So long as they keep any associated bars and restaurants closed at those businesses, and so long as people follow social distancing guidelines, they can probably safely operate. We're moving into golf and boating season in Minnesota and I know the governor is under significant pressure to allow those to open up.

I could even see things like landscape businesses open.
                    Since this started anything "outdoors" related has drawn out people that deny the threat of COVID like moths to a light. Boaters and fishermen have taken extremely short sided and selfish views (I'm in my boat in the middle of the lake by myself (with 3 friends)) and they flat out ignore they extra contact they make to partake in the activities (extra gas stops, grocery runs, bait shop visits Wally World runs for boat supplies, etc.). Add in a significant portion of people in those hobbies are hardcore Dumpy and you have a bad situation.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Yeah I can maybe see that. The landscaping businesses especially.

The other one was my roof. We had been planning to get a new roof and deck for several months now. What happens if my roof starts to leak? Also how am I going to get a HELOC to pay for it? I can live without the new deck, but the roof might not be negotiable.

Golf courses can get in line with everyone else. We don’t need golf courses open.
                      Golf is an interesting issue.

First, golf is a pretty decent summer industry here in Minnesota. Second, right now there are some significant limitations on what golf courses can even do to maintain the course itself. A golf course has to be maintained, especially early in the year, and if you just bar that from happening you're going to lose tens of millions of dollars worth of investment. Honestly, having some guy ride a mower by himself on a course is not particularly risky in terms of virus transmission.

Second, you can easily play golf and still maintain social distancing requirements. I've played many rounds by myself or with just one other person. You don't have to touch the pin, or even putt out so there is no contact with other humans.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Second, you can easily play golf and still maintain social distancing requirements. I've played many rounds by myself or with just one other person. You don't have to touch the pin, or even putt out so there is no contact with other humans.
                        I don't care about the golfers, I care about the employees and contractors who maintain the golf course.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Add in a significant portion of people in those hobbies are hardcore Dumpy and you have a bad situation.
                          Open all the shooting ranges. Let nature take its course.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I don't care about the golfers, I care about the employees and contractors who maintain the golf course.
                            Maintenance employees don't need to come within 50 yards of another human.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Maintenance employees don't need to come within 50 yards of another human.
                              That's why we're still working on highway construction projects here in Illinois. The state DOT and Tollway authority both stressed how our industry is naturally "social distancing" anyway.

*edit* It really surprised me that highway construction wasn't going in Michigan right now. Would be prime time to get stuff done. We're accelerating the opening of the asphalt plants here in Illinois because of this.
                              Last edited by aparch; 04-08-2020, 09:01 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                And he still can't see the forest for the trees.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X