Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

They voted for the situation they're in. Eff 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Srsly. What has the guy even done the last 3 years?
      I was at a dinner party a few years back and a woman there was talking about how she hated Obama for his inaction during Katrina.

I haven’t gone back to her house.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I was at a dinner party a few years back and a woman there was talking about how she hated Obama for his inaction during Katrina.

I haven’t gone back to her house.
        You can't fix stupid, but you can choose not to associate with, breed with, or otherwise encourage it.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          If one has time on their hands today, read this. It is a follow-up by Dr. Gorksi on his SBM post from Monday (that I posted on). There is some repeat of what he (and dx) covered already but he does a very good job expanding on what I was saying about the FDA. Essentially, the "emergency use" is political, not scientific.

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2020...uine-covid-19/

It is important to note that the papers we are seeing are not going through the regular peer review process (even papers in NEJM, Lancet). They are expedited to get the information out there, but that means you have to be extra skeptical. Normal turnaround time of several months is not acceptable either in these situations but I suspect many will be retracted in the years to come.

Also remember that physicians, nurses, etc are human. They have biases and get scared like the rest of humanity. I personally know physicians who have written for hydroxychloroquine for themselves or family and although I am profoundly disappointing in their reasoning, I do understand the motivation. I hope it does work but it is important to wait for appropriate evidence, especially with the risks. There are several other treatments currently under trial I think have a higher prior plausibility.

For those interested with some time on hand, this is an excellent book. https://www.amazon.com/Cognitive-Err.../dp/3319932233 It is a bit pricey, but reads easily and is very enjoyable. It is a comprehensive guide to how physicians (and the regular public) make cognitive errors and I will be making it a must read for any trainees I oversee. It looks like a textbook but it honestly is not too dense and is very readable. I really wish I would have written it (although Dr. Howard does a far better job than I could).

Burd, I know you liked "Mistakes were made but not by me" so this may be right up your alley.
          Superb post.
          Just had a fam member from VT message asking advice because they know of someone who works in a long term care facility, is symptomatic and was sent home with no guidance what so ever. Person has no insurance so no PCP. You can't get a test without a Dr order. No money to go for a visit so is really ill, most likely with the virus, has exposed/ been exposed to patients and coworkers. There are 'recommendations' for testing but it seems we have a million different little fiefdoms that all have different protocols some of which are a free for all/who you know.

I searched a bit but maybe I wasn't using the right parameters- is there any site that is tracking protocols for testing? I am getting messages from people all over the place and protocols vary from testing [some asx people who are at risk (healthcare workers) and may have been exposed] to [don't test unless you are going to be admitted]. Without knowing what people are using for parameters how are people making predictions? <-- serious question. It is obvious some places are under-reporting, not testing. I don't see how we figure this out until we have the right data. Math sucks. the Process of statistical analysis is baffling to me but it would seem you have to have those variables known to control for error

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            They voted for the situation they're in. Eff 'em.
            yeah except we can't build a wall between them and the part of the country that likes to think and prepare

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I agree that the first map is likely *slightly* misleading. But for fu**s sake, the upper midwest outside of the metros are just as rural as anywhere in the South.

Theres no way she can tell me with a straight face that *all* of Alabama (excluding Birmingham metro) is more rural than all of North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska fu**ing combined!

*edit*
              I fully expect the "didn't stop" pockets in the upper midwest because of the need to drive for necessities, I'm honestly surprised there aren't more. What amazes me is the blatant disregard the Southeast gives.
              Yeah I mean the first one is misleading, so it's good the second one is there to clear it up, but it doesn't make the South look THAT much better. Instead of it being, "wow the South is really sucking at this", instead it's "the Plains, Rockies, and South really suck at this".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                The look on this bishes face

Yeah I almost posted that last night. This is why all those headlines of "New tests" didnt do much for me since it wont help much where the backlog exists.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  I seriously can’t remember the last time I bought gas.

In fact, the next time I need to buy gas will be for my lawnmower, not my car.
                  I did yesterday...but that was just random timing. This tank will last all of April (if not longer) at the rate I am using my car.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I topped my tank off at $1.09/gallon last Friday. Took $5.00. I actually drove more yesterday for work than in the last 15 days, 120 miles round trip. It was the only time I've worked outside my house in 2 weeks other than to drop something off at a post office.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Gasoline sales in Maine are off more than 50%.
                      I'm not surprised. I went from driving 20 miles round trip every day for work to zero miles (I live in the same town as my job, but on the opposite side). Hundreds of my co-workers are doing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Yeah I almost posted that last night. This is why all those headlines of "New tests" didnt do much for me since it wont help much where the backlog exists.
                        At this point, I don't know how much good wide scale testing will do. The purpose for it at the beginning, like what SK did, was to identify those infected, and then wall them off from those surrounding them until they got better, thus no virus spread.

We didn't do that, so in effect, we've had to shut everything down cause we don't know where the infection might be, and where it will go from there. And its been here for a month or longer, being spread around who knows where by those showing no symptoms.

Those areas where there aren't any, or few cases, those areas where Trump says should be perfectly fine to go about their business(remember, there was a time not long ago when NY had no, or few cases) the virus is already there, just waiting for people to start getting sick. At this point, I feel pretty sure there's not an area in this country that isn't flush with Covfefe-19.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

American conservatism, 1994-2020: the winner.*

A train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles is facing federal charges for allegedly charging a locomotive off tracks toward the USNS Mercy, which he suspected is tied to a government plot, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro, was handed over to FBI agents Wednesday and charged with one count of train wrecking in Tuesday's derailment, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.

Moreno admitted he purposefully ran the train off the end of its tracks at full speed near the hospital ship in two separate interviews, officials said.

He allegedly told investigators he believed the ship — which docked at the port last week to relieve strain on area hospitals during the coronavirus outbreak — had a secret purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover.

Moreno said he wanted to “wake people up” and hoped the derailment would get media attention so “people could see for themselves,” according to prosecutors.

The 1,000 bed ship became the largest hospital in L.A. when it docked last Friday. On Sunday it began boarding non-coronavirus patients, to free up space at other area hospitals.

Firefighters responded around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday to the port, where the train came to rest about 250 yards from the Mercy after crashing through a series of barriers. No injuries were reported, but it did trigger a fuel spill that prompted a hazardous materials cleanup.

Moreno tried to flee the scene but was detained by a California Highway Patrol officer who witnessed the incident, officials said. The officer reported seeing the train smash through a concrete barrier, steel barrier and chain-link fence before sliding across a parking lot and lot filled with gravel, coming to rest against another chain-link fence.

The officer told investigators that when he spoke with Moreno, the suspect said things like, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”
                          Please arrest everyone on Fox and Hate Radio and in the GOP immediately. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

* Prior winner Timothy McVeigh could not be reached for comment.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 04-02-2020, 12:05 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She's only asking a question.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              She's only asking a question.
                              I hope she is denied a ventilator after she chokes on her own lies.

About the train derailment- I posted that last night asking which D1 poster did it

Comment

Holy f-ck.

Florida deaths running total:
                                3/31: 85
                                4/1: 101
                                4/2: 310

Edit These are from Worldometers, which tends to be ahead of most sources but isn't always 100% accurate. Could be a typo...?

Edit 2: Looks like it has to be a typo. Louisiana and florida have the same # of cases and deaths. So I'm guessing they screwed up in the database.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-02-2020, 12:31 PM.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X