Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He admitted he was wrong, said they were all wrong and everyone should listen to Fauci. He screwed up and he owned up to it so I will cut him some slack. Hopefully he learns that if Faux is calling you looking for help you might be on the wrong side of the issue.
    Nope, it's not enough to just say "oopsies, my bad.

He's supposedly a medical professional. No real medical professional would be spouting the BS he was, unless he was subverting his role as a medical professional for some sort of political agenda. Now, I have no idea of Dr Drew's political leanings, but in this case, he just seems to be one more of the supposedly intelligent people who subvert truth and common sense to parrot some outrageous talking point, simply because Dear Leader can never be wrong.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by net presence View Post
      That's definitely not how it happened.
      No, I won't have that going for me either. I mean, my friend..................
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        He admitted he was wrong, said they were all wrong and everyone should listen to Fauci. He screwed up and he owned up to it so I will cut him some slack. Hopefully he learns that if Faux is calling you looking for help you might be on the wrong side of the issue.
        Here's the thing- how many people have or are going to die because of his statements? Especially since many of his comments happened as we saw what was going on in China, then in Italy, and then in other parts of the world.

So by just saying "I'm sorry" is like doing that after people get hurt or die when you make a surgical mistake. Over and over again.

That doesn't fly.

Drew should drop the Dr from his name, just like it would happen if he did the malpractice directly on people.

Comment

Oh man, does this mean all those on that other thread want people to die, just like all of us who weren’t gung ho on this treatment supposedly wanted people to die??

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I've had my mind changed about several subjects by arguing with people here. I have moderated my opinion on gun control by coming to understand rural people's different use and life experience with guns. I've rethought my strategy of believing the accused in sexual assault absent compelling evidence to the contrary by my exchanges with dx, who cogently argued that presumption of innocence extends there and that removing a civil liberty protection from men because they are unfairly preferred in the justice system doesn't fix that wrong but merely compounds it with an epicyclical wrong.

Yes, minds can be changed in cafes.

You also believe this or you would not post here. Isn't your very question an attempt to change a mind?
            Was that me? Maybe.

Either way, I used to be a loonitarian righty. There are several posters on here who have dragged me leftward. I’ll bet you can dig up some posts that are absolute doozies from about ten years ago.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I've had my mind changed about several subjects by arguing with people here. I have moderated my opinion on gun control by coming to understand rural people's different use and life experience with guns. I've rethought my strategy of believing the accused in sexual assault absent compelling evidence to the contrary by my exchanges with dx, who cogently argued that presumption of innocence extends there and that removing a civil liberty protection from men because they are unfairly preferred in the justice system doesn't fix that wrong but merely compounds it with an epicyclical wrong.

Yes, minds can be changed in cafes.

You also believe this or you would not post here. Isn't your very question an attempt to change a mind?
              You understand why I cannot possibly change my position on this . . . .

Comment

Infected Republicans 30% more likely to die than Democrats due to age:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-36b886af37e9

This effect is strong enough that people who voted for Trump in the 2016 election are around 30% more likely to die from the coronavirus than Democrats. In some swing states from the 2016 election, such as Pennsylvania, if the coronavirus were to run wild, this effect alone could have wiped out up to 30% of the gap between Republicans and Democrats in the 2016 election.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  Infected Republicans 30% more likely to die than Democrats due to age:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-36b886af37e9

If you’ve ever wondered if there is a god... Well, now you know.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have a co-worker that brought this idea up at least 3 weeks ago: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x

it seems like moving forward we could be testing sewage treatment systems in cities as an early warning indicator for outbreaks of various diseases

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      If you’ve ever wondered if there is a god... Well, now you know.
                      I’m out of thoughts and prayers for these azzholes

Comment

Well, have we all heard the new narrative? The response to the virus was delayed because of impeachment. I'm seeing it all over social media.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scroll down to the graph of Total Coronavirus Cases in the United States.

It's only one data point but yesterday could be the inflection point for NYC. Deaths lag cases by 7-14 days so for New York at least maybe we'll see peak mortality around 4/15.

The question is, will the extremity of the NY hump repeat everywhere else or it will it be flattened where aggressive measures were taken?
                          I think the rest of the country will be spared NY's experience primarily because the rest of the country doesn't have the mix of perfect pandemic factors that NY has. NY has the combination of being a hub for international travel, extreme population density, heavy reliance on public transportation, and a work/living arrangement in which arteries of people flow into and out of the hub (NYC) by public transportation each day, returning to Long Island, CT, NJ, etc..., by night as they spread the disease. 5.7 million ride the subway in NYC each day. That's more than the entire population of Minnesota.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Well, have we all heard the new narrative? The response to the virus was delayed because of impeachment. I'm seeing it all over social media.
                            Wasn't that floated last week and promptly shut down?

Typical Modern GOP, late to everything.

I recall seeing photos showing how many rallies and golf trips Trump did in January and first week of February when the impeachment was still happening.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Wasn't that floated last week and promptly shut down?

Typical Modern GOP, late to everything.
                              I don't know. I must have missed it then. I saw it yesterday for the first time on social media. The minions have picked it up.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just wait until republicans turn on docs and nurses for complaining about lack of PPE and other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X