Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    What is wrong with you?
    Jeebus, lighten up.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Jeebus, lighten up.
      This is not funny.
      S.T.F.U.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 part 6: Waiting For Advice from Kid Rock and Tiger Woods now.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Unlikely. I imagine most honorable career military would have sooner resigned than verbally vomit like this.

Edit: Oh...

Edit 2: Oh my god. The recording is so much worse than the headlines...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

LMAO - Trump b*tchslapped him.

Comment

REI doing what everyone should be in the toughest of positions.
                To our Co-op Community:

Three weeks ago, in the face of the growing outbreak of COVID-19, I shared our decision to temporarily close our 162 retail locations and continue paying all of our retail employees and maintaining their benefits through April 14. As that date approaches, I want to share what we’re doing next.

Our hope is to begin a gradual reopening of our stores in the coming months. We plan to begin with curbside pickup hopefully in the next 45 days. And we look forward to welcoming you all back into our stores when it’s safe to do so. As we did with our decision to temporarily close our stores, we’re going to prioritize the safety of our employees and customers and closely track federal and local guidance.

While we cannot predict the future, we must make informed assumptions and plan accordingly to control what we can. We’re particularly focused on the next few months because we don’t know exactly when we’ll be able to reopen our stores. We believe this will be the most challenging period for our business, and we have to make some immediate decisions that impact REI employees.

Those decisions begin with me and with my senior leadership team. I am forfeiting 100% of my base salary for the next six months, as well as forfeiting all of my incentive eligibility for 2020. Our board of directors is forfeiting their fees for the next six months as well. My entire senior leadership team will be taking a 20% pay reduction for the next six months and will also forfeit all of their incentive eligibility for 2020.

We have also made the decision to begin an unpaid 90-day furlough of the majority of our retail and field employees, beginning on April 15. During this period, all health and welfare benefits will continue as normal for all eligible furloughed employees. In addition, REI will also pay the employee portion of benefit premiums, which means we’ll be covering 100% of eligible employee health and welfare premium costs for all furloughed employees for all 90 days for those employees. All furloughed employees will be eligible to apply for government-funded unemployment pay.

Our limited operations mean we are also making overall reductions of our headquarters workforce. All impacted full-time employees will receive severance along with outplacement services and support.

As the co-op’s CEO, my job is to serve our employees and you, our members. This current crisis is testing us all, but we have worked to make sure our decisions and actions are consistent with the co-op’s mission and values.

To everyone who has reached out with suggestions about ways to help the co-op and our people during this period, I thank you. We have considered every option, and I’m confident the actions we’re taking are the most beneficial for affected employees. The best thing you can do to continue to support the co-op is to continue supporting the co-op—both our business and our community of non-profit partners across the country. In the coming days, we’ll be sharing more about how to directly support that nonprofit network.

And even with our stores closed, we’re working hard to continue serving your needs. Most orders through REI.com are being shipped for free. Customers who have questions about gear and local outdoor activities can get answers through our digital community, REI Conversations, and Co-op Journal will feature articles that help people find ways to safely get outside during these challenging times.

I am determined and committed to seeing the co-op through this. I am optimistic we will come out of this crisis as strong a community and business as we were coming into it. And I will continue to fight to ensure the co-op will be here for another 82 years to connect our members to a life well lived outdoors.
                Not perfect but better than almost all I’ve seen.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I made a terrible decision. I went over to the D-1 thread to post the technical medical description video I found. And then I read.

My God, the level of pure Dumpy delusion there is incredible. I'm going to quarantine here from now on. It's just too dangerous over there.
                  Hey Kep, I don't know if you've been over to the "dark side" (DI Covid thread) today or not but, I responded last night to something "Chuck" had posted to my original post on that thread and, he has yet to address anything I posted, even though he's already sent three other posts. Sure you don't want to jump into the fray with me?

Comment

Maine shut down hotels until April 30 except a few(one that I know of) catering to medical folks .
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      REI doing what everyone should be in the toughest of positions.

Not perfect but better than almost all I’ve seen.
                      REI is on it's own island when it comes to how they treat people. Easily the best retail operation to work for in the country.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        REI is on it's own island when it comes to how they treat people. Easily the best retail operation to work for in the country.
                        Amazing when shareholder value isn’t the #1 priority.

Patagonia is also approaching this differently —
                        They’ve shutdown almost all operations including online order but all their employees are still getting paid. As a privately held company and a B-Corp they are also don’t have to worry about shareholder value above all else.

Comment

Until we get mass testing, a treatment protocol for all stages, and/or a vaccine nothing is going to change.

Anyone trust this administration to get that done?

We're all going to die.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Perfect headline for conservatism.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

just had a pointless facebook disagreement with a "both sides are bad" person that was unwilling to blame Trump any more than Obama or Bush. His premise was that Bush warned of a pandemic in 2005 and neither he nor Obama did anything about it (which is demonstrably false -- and even so, Trump is the one that sat on his *** for two months and ignored the NSC pandemic playbook while a pandemic was actually unfolding). He said he hates all politicians and we needed to vote everyone out and have all "fresh faces". No comment when I reminded him Trump was a fresh face and a bunch of fresh faces that don't know what they are doing is not going to make the situation better.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                just had a pointless facebook disagreement with a "both sides are bad" person that was unwilling to blame Trump any more than Obama or Bush. His premise was that Bush warned of a pandemic in 2005 and neither he nor Obama did anything about it (which is demonstrably false -- and even so, Trump is the one that sat on his *** for two months and ignored the NSC pandemic playbook while a pandemic was actually unfolding). He said he hates all politicians and we needed to vote everyone out and have all "fresh faces". No comment when I reminded him Trump was a fresh face and a bunch of fresh faces that don't know what they are doing is not going to make the situation better.
                                They are consuming this stuff from Hate Radio. It's a full court press to shield Dump and the tender egos of the Dumpies.

The relationship of Dump's toadies to Dump is the same as that of the right wing media to their audience. Cynical exploitation draped in shameless, transparent pandering.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X