Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Offseason 2020: We Stay Home But Swayman Leaves

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Gendron on a roll. Just selected as coach of the year by the New England Hockey Writers Association. They also selected Swayman as MVP.
    Well, they had the last part right.

Good God.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Watching it again. Watched it last weekend also Lake State pounded the **** out of Maine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Lake State would have been on the PK all night long if hockey had been called the way it is now. Must have been at least 30 holding/INT calls ignored.

Maine won it via speed and skill alone. A beautiful thing, and still my favorite sports memory ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Lake State would have been on the PK all night long if hockey had been called the way it is now. Must have been at least 30 holding/INT calls ignored.

Maine won it via speed and skill alone. A beautiful thing, and still my favorite sports memory ever.
        No doubt, one play at end of first, Kariya turned a Lake State D man inside out while gettling slashed and hooked . But for the size of the team they could skate and had some offensive talent. Looking at the game with todays refs is a joke. LSSU gets crushed.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Walsh interview at the end was fascinating. I had forgotten all of the UMass rumors. That would have been quite the alternate timeline- UMass likely would have hit the ground running. And at that point, Maine likely would have gone all out to get a top notch replacement for Shawn. Might've made the post-Walsh transition go better.

Comment

This interview has been edited for length and clarity

Comment

Anyone on this forum go to the 93 game in Milwaukee?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Yes. I was at the FF in ‘86, ‘88, ‘90-‘09, ‘12, ‘14-‘15, and ‘19, so I’ve been to all but one of Maine’s appearances.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

yes I was there- It was in Milwaukee that they set up a bar for each team
                  also ran a shuttle to get people around
                  Had more than one ff there before arena was ruled too small in capacity

Comment

No, I wasn't there in '93. However, I was at the Bradley Center when Maine made an appearance in the FF in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      Yes. I was at the FF in ‘86, ‘88, ‘90-‘09, ‘12, ‘14-‘15, and ‘19, so I’ve been to all but one of Maine’s appearances.

Sean
                      Good run.

For a maine fan being at that 93 game would have been one of those lifetime sport events.

Comment

I was just a kid, but my dad brought me up to the Alfond for the rally when the team returned from Milwaukee.

Comment

Looks like 8 guys signed in april signing period. 2 goalies??
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Looks like 8 guys signed in april signing period. 2 goalies??
                            2 goalies makes sense, as Swayman departed early and Mundinger graduated, leaving Theissen the only one on the roster. Villeneuve, Dunn, Ostman, and especially Breen look like the best pieces. Surprised there's no sign of Tim Gould.

Comment

More reminiscing.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/04/...minence/?amp=1

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                2 goalies makes sense, as Swayman departed early and Mundinger graduated, leaving Theissen the only one on the roster. Villeneuve, Dunn, Ostman, and especially Breen look like the best pieces. Surprised there's no sign of Tim Gould.
                                For this Fall include well-travelled F commit Jonny Mulera (PC-->UConn-->Maine) from the Jr. Bruins NCDC:

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/player...mits-to-maine/

Comment

Working...
                                X