This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Offseason 2020: We Stay Home But Swayman Leaves

Gendron not selected as the Spencer Penrose award winner! For the second time since 1951 the award is being shared between Berry (North Dakota) and Schafer (Cornell).

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Gendron not selected as the Spencer Penrose award winner! For the second time since 1951 the award is being shared between Berry (North Dakota) and Schafer (Cornell).
      I didn't think he would win the Award...he imo was lucky to Win COTY in Hockey East. Both Berry and Schafer had top seasons...in wins and all year long in the Polls.

Comment

NCHC schedules are out and Maine will travel to Colorado College on 10/9-10/10 and Omaha on 10/23-10/24. Might be a weak home schedule at Alfond, at least with no Boston University or New Hampshire.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
          NCHC schedules are out and Maine will travel to Colorado College on 10/9-10/10 and Omaha on 10/23-10/24. Might be a weak home schedule at Alfond, at least with no Boston University or New Hampshire.
          Lest hope there's even a hockey season...

Comment

My wife is against my giving succor to the enemy, but I found that I had purposely kept the 1994 Great Western Freezeout (GWF) championship game. So, I've uploaded it to my Google drive. Here is the current list of Maine games:

1991 Hockey East Semifinal Maine vs NU
            1991 Hockey East Championship BU vs Maine
            1993 The One Feb 19 BU at Maine
            1993 NCAA Championship LSSU vs Maine
            1993 Nov 19 BU at Maine
            1994 GWF Championship BU vs Maine
            1995 NCAA Championship BU vs Maine
            2011 Dec 10 BU at Maine
            2013 Feb 16 BU at Maine

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Thanks for posting those. I don't remember that GWF in 94 game. I remember most of those losses to BU though . As a sports fan those days were as good as it gets. Whether in WBA or Alfond you couldnt get any closer to the action( maybe Tully ) Lucky to be able to follow Maine hockey during those times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well no Hobey for Swayman, but he did win the Top Goaltender Award...he had a great season and 3 seasons at Maine that he can be proud of...he was a real stand-out for Maine...as I said before he was worth the price of admission to watch....thanks again #1....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1st team all american for Sway. Will be watching his progress in the NHL if they ever play again?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Well no Hobey for Swayman, but he did win the Top Goaltender Award...he had a great season and 3 seasons at Maine that he can be proud of...he was a real stand-out for Maine...as I said before he was worth the price of admission to watch....thanks again #1....!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Fantastic and congratulations to Jeremy on the 2020 Richter award!!!
                    He has everything it will take to become successful in the nhl.

Comment

I wonder whether the Richter is a barrier to some goalies winning the Hobey? Do voters decide to reward a skater because a goalie is being widely recognized separately?
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        I wonder whether the Richter is a barrier to some goalies winning the Hobey? Do voters decide to reward a skater because a goalie is being widely recognized separately?
                        I think you could be right...award for goaltenders to offset them not winning the Hobey Baker award...In Swayman's case he was in on both, I thought he had a outside chance at the Hobey...but I think your right, goaltenders will have a tougher time at winning the Hobey Baker award.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Fantastic and congratulations to Jeremy on the 2020 Richter award!!!
                          He has everything it will take to become successful in the nhl.
                          I agree completely.

Maine goalies such as Snow, Dunham, Jimmy, Bish... That's what has kept me interested in the NHL for years at a time.

I think that Sway has the tools to stick around for a long while, too.

Comment

Home dates through January according to the ice time calendar:

Oct 4 (exhib.)
                            Oct 16-17 (Homecoming vs. Villanova)
                            Nov 6-7 (FB vs. Albany)
                            Nov 20-21 (FB vs. New Hampshire)
                            Dec 4-5
                            Dec 11-12
                            Jan 8-9 (semester break)
                            Jan 22-23

No dates for February yet, nor any single game dates. If the HE schedule is reversed from last year, Connecticut and Vermont would be here for singles at some point this year.

Comment

Maine is getting a transfer from St. Lawrence, 6'8 center Keenan Suthers. He will play for Maine in 2021-22 and be a senior in his final year of eligibility.

Comment

He was their third leading point scorer this year. Typical Gendron recruit at 245 lbs. I wonder why he's leaving with one year left? Similar to Deroche leaving Vermont for NU.

Comment

Working...
                                X