This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Offseason 2020: We Stay Home But Swayman Leaves

NU stated that if they don't have campus open in the fall they're expecting mass deferrals. They're aware nobody wants to pay the price tag to sit at home on their computer.

Comment

So I was having this debate with someone about the 1993 team. Maine has long claimed 42-1-2. This counts two exhibition wins over New Brunswick.

Since when have non-NCAA games counted and, if they ever did, when did this stop?

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
        So I was having this debate with someone about the 1993 team. Maine has long claimed 42-1-2. This counts two exhibition wins over New Brunswick.

Since when have non-NCAA games counted and, if they ever did, when did this stop?
        According to the NCAA Maine's official record record for the 1992-93 season is 40-1-2, as they don't and didn't count games against Canadian teams.

However, this is actually a long and complex issue. According to the NCAA Men's DI Ice Hockey Records book: "Official NCAA men’s ice hockey records began with the 1947-48 (1948) season and are based on information submitted to the NCAA statistics service by institutions participating in the statistics rankings. The NCAA began compiling men’s ice hockey statistics in the 1995-96 (1996) season. From that season on, games against Canadian schools are only included in the NCAA team’s statistics if they meet countable opponent requirements. Before 1996, NCAA teams often included Canadian opponents in their statistics, and are included here in season and career records. Game records, however, do not include those versus Canadian teams."

My research shows that teams stopped counting them at different times. Boston University last counted games vs a Canadian team during the 1984-85 season. Maine continued to count games against Canadian teams through the 1997-98 season. Boston College last counted a game vs a Canadian team during the 1997-98 season as well. North Dakota last counted a game vs a Canadian team during the 1982-83 season. Minnesota last counted a game in 1982-83. UMass Lowell last counted a game in 1983-84. Miami last counted a game in 1997-98. Dartmouth last counted a game in 1987-88. RPI last counted a game in 1994-95. I would guess that the 1997-98 season is likely the last one any team counted a game against a Canadian team in their season record, but I haven't checked for every team.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

https://twitter.com/BlackBearNation/...014903811?s=09

Looks like a nice off season for swayman.

Comment

I was watching the 1992 Hockey East Championship between UNH and Maine tonight. Those were the good old days of hard hitting Hockey East play. They are showing the 93 title on Friday evening also on NESN PLUS.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Watching Maine BU 93 Championship game. So many great players on both teams, so much hatred for BU. No rivalry in any sport was any better.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I forgot how good Latendresse was. Sneaky quick and great shot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

To the MOMS that make the sacrifice for the girls/boys to get them to the rink for practice and take care of the gear...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY come Sunday!!!

Comment

Yearly season ticket push will be interesting. I wonder how, or even IF, the process will unfold.

I’m really up in the air this year. After 30+ years of buying them, I am awaiting that call from Marketing and have no idea what I’ll do. Totally clueless here.
                    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                    Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                      Yearly season ticket push will be interesting. I wonder how, or even IF, the process will unfold.

I’m really up in the air this year. After 30+ years of buying them, I am awaiting that call from Marketing and have no idea what I’ll do. Totally clueless here.
                      I re-upped my ticket on Monday...they have a wait and see what the NCAA will decide(maybe by July)...they have a 2 month payment plan and if some games are not played or the whole season is a wash they will refund back...that was what I was told. Everything is so much up in the air. My gut feeling is that they have no fall sports...classes online till Jan.2021...with Hockey season dropped back to 24 game schedule...20 games in Hockey East(10 teams x 2 games each)and 4 out of conference games. And with the chance that Football is played in the Spring...but then WHO KNOWS...changes each and every day. Phone number to contact: 2079497126 or at um.tickets@maine.edu

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        I re-upped my ticket on Monday...they have a wait and see what the NCAA will decide(maybe by July)...they have a 2 month payment plan and if some games are not played or the whole season is a wash they will refund back...that was what I was told. Everything is so much up in the air. My gut feeling is that they have no fall sports...classes online till Jan.2021...with Hockey season dropped back to 24 game schedule...20 games in Hockey East(10 teams x 2 games each)and 4 out of conference games. And with the chance that Football is played in the Spring...but then WHO KNOWS...changes each and every day. Phone number to contact: 2079497126 or at um.tickets@maine.edu
                        Thanks for this!
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I forgot how good Latendresse was. Sneaky quick and great shot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          He was an excellent player on a fantastic team.

Right now, he'd easily be the best player Red ever recruited by a mile.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-22-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Alabama Huntsville has dropped their Div.1 Hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              He was an excellent player on a fantastic team.

Right now, he'd easily be the best player Red ever recruited by a mile.
                              Other than Sway yes for sure

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Other than Sway yes for sure
                                Yeah, you got that right.

I was talking forwards, but he's definitely the only reason that Maine has had a breath of life over the past couple of years.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-23-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X