Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Offseason 2020: We Stay Home But Swayman Leaves

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    For this Fall include well-travelled F commit Jonny Mulera (PC-->UConn-->Maine) from the Jr. Bruins NCDC:

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/player...mits-to-maine/
    Was really happy to read about this today. Him, Breen, Morriseey, and Houle should be a good group. Hopefully one of the other two can contribute as well.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Mulera doesn't quite fit the mold of a Gendron recruit. 5 ft. 8 in. 155 lbs. Perhaps he has some speed. I wonder why he kept moving from team to team?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Mulera doesn't quite fit the mold of a Gendron recruit. 5 ft. 8 in. 155 lbs. Perhaps he has some speed. I wonder why he kept moving from team to team?
        I have a feeling he is part of the alleged recruiting battle between Maine and UConn that was alluded to earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Was really happy to read about this today. Him, Breen, Morriseey, and Houle should be a good group. Hopefully one of the other two can contribute as well.
          The only thing that concerns me is I don't think the NCDC is a league with very stiff competition. Still, I hope he succeedss, of course.

Comment

From NZ:

’99 F Johnny Mulera to Maine for 2020
            Mulera is making his third college commitment. Originally, the Maryland native was headed to Providence but his commitment switched to UConn last year. Now, he’s committed to the Black Bears.
            Mulera was one of the top-scoring forwards in the NCDC this season, potting 34 goals and adding 40 assists in 49 games for the Boston Jr. Bruins.
            NZ Scouts on Mulera: “Mulera is extremely creative, fast and at the same time; poised. He showed an ability to delay and cut to the middle (Ovechkin.) He can shoot through screens with his head up. He can make guys miss on 1v1s. He is very quick in tight areas and protects the puck well during the cycle. He attacks the net as he has great edges and a quick stick.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              From NZ:
              What was his star rating from NZ?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                The only thing that concerns me is I don't think the NCDC is a league with very stiff competition. Still, I hope he succeedss, of course.
                Yeah, it certainly has been a mixed bag down the years. For whatever reason it seems like the junior bruins Maine has gotten have been more successful overall than kids from other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Breen reported at 5 8 and 146#.
                  Red maybe decided some speed and hands are looking better,?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Breen reported at 5 8 and 146#.
                    Red maybe decided some speed and hands are looking better,?
                    Nah, thats old info. I believe he is a lot bigger than that now.

Comment

I have a feeling he is part of the alleged recruiting battle between Maine and UConn that was alluded to earlier in the season.
                      Could be. Nick Capone maybe involved in that as well. Doesn't explain why he decommitted from Providence. I agree with you about the quality of the NCDC. Many of those players go on to play Division II and III hockey.

Comment

What was his star rating from NZ?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Maybe he will be a decent piece after all. Maybe next year won't be as bleak as we've thought it could be.

Comment

Decommitting from a Nate Leaman hockey program raises flags for me. There are issues here that we will probably never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Nah, thats old info. I believe he is a lot bigger than that now.
                              Just referencing what larrys bdn article said the other day.

Comment

Maybe someone out there can tell me this, I follow the NHL signings pretty closely and maybe I missed it...but has any NHL Team reached out to Mitch Fossier..? I mean...seems he would attract some attention...from the likes of LA Kings, Anaheim, Ottawa and Detroit...teams on the rebuild and looking for young players. I can't believe he does not get some chance down the road by a NHL club.

Comment

Working...
                                X