This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.63: This Thread Gets Better Ratings Than The Super Bowl

"I thought it was terrible what he did, to write a letter. This isn't a class on literature."

I mean I don't even know how to react to that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      He's a POS and history will regard him as a combination of Nero's narcissism, Caligula's character, and Commodus' ineptitude.
      I'd add in just a pinch of Machiavelli
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I really wish my grandfather wasn't living in Florida, so I could completely stop caring about what happens to that sh*thole state.

Comment

Comment

I was told our military leaders wouldn't bend the knee to Trump...
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              He loses football, he loses the election.
              I don't see why this virus should prevent us from enjoying very wonderful NFL and MLB by August. We will have many great vaccines by then, and the worst will be past us.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                I was told our military leaders wouldn't bend the knee to Trump...
                By who? He is the head of the military it is their job to bend a knee to him...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Civilian control of the military is the keystone of the US armed forces so as horrible as Dump is we better hope they follow orders.

The question is whether an order from the President can be countermanded by US law. I'm sure it can; he's not a king. Dump can't just tell the military to kill Schiff. So it comes down to the courts which, well, I have some bad news.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I assumed he meant they’d follow protocol To remove if dump refuses to leave office

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I assumed he meant they’d follow protocol To remove if dump refuses to leave office
                      Yeah, that's what I was eluding to.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That is different. If Trump loses the election than he is no longer the Commander in Chief as of Inauguration Day. (or whenever the Constitution says so) They would no longer be following orders if they listened to him over whoever is the new elected President. If they did they would be putting themselves at risk of multiple charges.

As of now they risk their career if they contravene a direct order. If Biden wins in November then effective on a specific date they run the same risk if they do the same to him. Look at what happened to the Navy Captain who asked for help for his sick sailers by going around the chain of command...he was relieved of duty. They take the chain of command seriously and arent going to commit a coup for the likes of Trump.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          That is different. If Trump loses the election than he is no longer the Commander in Chief as of Inauguration Day. (or whenever the Constitution says so) They would no longer be following orders if they listened to him over whoever is the new elected President. If they did they would be putting themselves at risk of multiple charges.

As of now they risk their career if they contravene a direct order. If Biden wins in November then effective on a specific date they run the same risk if they do the same to him. Look at what happened to the Navy Captain who asked for help for his sick sailers by going around the chain of command...he was relieved of duty. They take the chain of command seriously and arent going to commit a coup for the likes of Trump.
                          Yeah, you don’t need to explain that to me. I said I knew what he was referring to because neither of you seemed to get what he meant

Comment

Yeah, you don’t need to explain that to me. I said I knew what he was referring to because neither of you seemed to get what he meant
                            I know I was just quoting you cause you had the information I was debunking
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Nicely done.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X