• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.63: This Thread Gets Better Ratings Than The Super Bowl

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Justice Roberts says "thanks a lot, as-shole. "
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Obviously a battle that needs to be undertaken in this country is a whole new voting rights act. We need to revisit and revamp completely what was once landmark legislation but is now proving to be woefully outdated. It reminds me of how outdated the telecommunications act was when it received its first significant changes in over 50 years in 1996 (something else that could use a re-vamp decades into a new century).

Laws and enforcement mechanism are inadequate in the face of renewed and extremely forceful efforts by republicans to disenfranchise POC, the poor and working class, and even better off people in urban centers. The rise of sophisticated and technologically advanced gerrymandering must be checked. It should be done with sweeping federal legislation. If it was a total WeAreNDHockey wet dream it would be in tandem with the abolition of the electoral college.

Something like this would serve two purposes. One would obviously make sure people who wanted to vote would get to vote, and have their votes counted accurately. But two, it would put the notion of voting front and center and maybe we'd excite more people about what it means to be a voter. I am much less enthusiastic about voting today than I was even as recently as 2008 when I actually broke down in tears after voting for Obama because I never thought I'd live to see the day when this country would elect someone who looked less like me than like me. We need to excite people about voting again, and we need to make sure their votes count.

A renewed voting rights act is part of the notion that getting rid of trump is essential, but is not sufficient.

Comment

We need a permanent majority at the federal level (White House, Chamber majorities, Courts) of the adults. The feds brought the hammer down against this kind of thing in the 50s and 60s and we probably would have continued on had not the country made its incredible inflection point error in 1980.

We can do it again. The federal government has the supremacy clause so all the local hayseed racists can be brought to heal quickly and legally. The existence of the Senate is a long term problem but in the meantime we can bring democracy back. We just have to kneecap the Nazis statewide.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stop reporting things I said: https://***********/meenaharris/stat...08770496729096

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I saw a pic of the older one with a cig in her hand at one point.
            Yes, the bush girls were big partiers
            Heck, even with that, though, I can't bring myself to care about that anymore. Maybe in the bygone era where President's wives and daughters were expected to do nothing but host tea parties and smile that would all be a big deal, but nowadays if they're just being young people in a way that doesn't actually hurt anyone (i.e. DUI) I don't care. If I don't care about Malia holding a joint, then I don't care about the Bush girls using fake IDs when they were 19. None of those are at the level of, say, using your dad's influence to get patents in China and Qatari banks to pay off your husband's real estate debt.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Deny him oxygen. If Dump is not talked about he does not exist. He's like that hate cloud monster in the Star Trek TOS episode.

Only a fool fights in a burning house.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-30-2020, 11:49 AM.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Oh. My. God. Yamiche Alcindor is my new favorite reporter.
                Last edited by aparch; 03-30-2020, 12:06 PM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Oh. My. God. Yamiche Alcindor is my new favorite reporter.
                  He has been a complete ******* to her. She's a good reporter.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Later tweet showed where he got the number. 38M is the elevation of Seoul according to Wikipedia...that is right he cribbed the number trying to look smart and used the wrong number. The guy is the Don King of Presidents. Well wait...Don King was actually smarter.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Comment

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh. My. God.

We're on day 1030 of Infrastructure week. *facepalm*

(June 5th, 2017 for those scoring at home (and so I don't have to keep Googling for it))

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The auto companies are PC now. I guess Y'all Qaeda will have to stop buying trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The auto companies are PC now. I guess Y'all Qaeda will have to stop buying trucks!

So make them more expensive to make but cheaper costing. Sounds like a Trump plan! His "Bankruptcy or Bust" business strategies are truly astounding!!

Are they politically correct cause they arent letting people die? That is what confuses me.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Like the automakers are going to reduce the price of their product if(and that's a big if) they become cheaper to build.

And the 1% are going to trickle their tax cuts down to me.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X