This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Isn't this **** the reason government exists?
    No. Government exists to get out of the way of the private sector so their creativity can flourish, and give tax cuts to millionaires. Oh, and to spend a ****load on the military.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.63: This Thread Gets Better Ratings Than The Super Bowl

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Bill Gates has had his ear to the ground for over two decades trying to beat these viruses around the world. His (and his wife's) Foundation have been boots on the ground to get rid of Polio and other viruses globally.

President Pantone 16-1449 is too busy looking at how much money he can grift from the nation.
      In fairness, the inventor of Windows has more experience with viruses than pretty much anyone else.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        In fairness, the inventor of Windows has more experience with viruses than pretty much anyone else.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I dont get it. You have the NYT coddling him (their headlines about his lies are a joke these days) and everyone else is trying to make him out to be "Becoming Presidential" even as he rips them and attacks everyone. When will they start really going after him? When will they hold him accountable?
          You don't get it? The national press are a bunch of sniveling cowards who don't want to lose access or be called out by a wuss like Sean Hannity on his show. Been that way for decades now. While the media may not be the enemy, all Dems need to understand the media is not our friend and they can't be trusted to report the truth. Especially the NYT.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Well yeah I get it...but I still am going to question it out loud especially as the other side uses the "liberal bias" meme to put people at risk in a pandemic.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bill Gates has had his ear to the ground for over two decades trying to beat these viruses around the world. His (and his wife's) Foundation have been boots on the ground to get rid of Polio and other viruses globally.

President Pantone 16-1449 is too busy looking at how much money he can grift from the nation.
              Funny how a billionaire turns over a new leaf when his business practices get slapped down by the court system.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Funny how a billionaire turns over a new leaf when his business practices get slapped down by the court system.
                They sometimes get moral as they approach The Reckoning. Carnegie was terrified he was going to hell for the Homestead Massacre. He got real philanthropic after that. "And she's buying the stairway to heaven."

I'm sure Gates is an atheist but I doubt he wants to be remembered as "that as-shole whose only skills were stealing and taking credit."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dump's advertising response will begin soon.

Comment

Will he mention how he screwed Michigan over for supplies because he doesnt like the woman who dared question him?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Will he mention how he screwed Michigan over for supplies because he doesnt like the woman who dared question him?
                      No, but we should, and even if the DNC doesn't Bloomberg will.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but my sister-in-law is a JHU-trained epidemiologist (math undergrad) who works for the Gates Foundation. Her group creates the math models that they use to decide how they can do the greatest good given the resources at their disposal - i.e. is it better to spend $10M on malaria in Africa or on HPV in Brazil? Very tough questions to answer! Well, actually, I guess we all know the answer now: respiratory viruses in Asia....

She's on her 1-year, fully paid maternity leave right now, though, (almost like a civilized country!) so she's not directly tied in with whatever work Gates is doing with Coronavirus. Whatever they're doing, though, I'd put stock in their analysis results even ahead of CDC or NIH - they are constantly trying to squeeze the last drop of real results out of the money they spend, and they can't do that without rigorously following the data and the science.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but my sister-in-law is a JHU-trained epidemiologist (math undergrad) who works for the Gates Foundation. Her group creates the math models that they use to decide how they can do the greatest good given the resources at their disposal - i.e. is it better to spend $10M on malaria in Africa or on HPV in Brazil? Very tough questions to answer! Well, actually, I guess we all know the answer now: respiratory viruses in Asia....

She's on her 1-year, fully paid maternity leave right now, though, (almost like a civilized country!) so she's not directly tied in with whatever work Gates is doing with Coronavirus. Whatever they're doing, though, I'd put stock in their analysis results even ahead of CDC or NIH - they are constantly trying to squeeze the last drop of real results out of the money they spend, and they can't do that without rigorously following the data and the science.
                          Thank her for me when you see her. I'm glad somebody smart is using their talents for good. I sure aint.
                          Cornell University

Comment

How many people listen to Howard Stern? I haven't paid any real attention to him in the 21st century and the extent of my knowledge of him anymore is at some point he left terrestrial radio for the deep pockets of XM or Sirius (whoever it was before they merged). He ripped trump fairly hard yesterday and I wondered who his listeners are and how many of them there are. Does he speak to trump supporters or am I assuming too much based on the fact both of them make a living being loudmouths and often use language and shtick designed to appeal to lowest common denominator types?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              How many people listen to Howard Stern? I haven't paid any real attention to him in the 21st century and the extent of my knowledge of him anymore is at some point he left terrestrial radio for the deep pockets of XM or Sirius (whoever it was before they merged). He ripped trump fairly hard yesterday and I wondered who his listeners are and how many of them there are. Does he speak to trump supporters or am I assuming too much based on the fact both of them make a living being loudmouths and often use language and shtick designed to appeal to lowest common denominator types?
                              Based on guys like Covina and Rich or Jim Norton's show I would guess the audience is young, male, and bro-tastic slash aggressively stupid libertarian with a touch of conservative misogyny. Having guys like that rip Dump might actually matter, since Dump lives in that "I'm just telling it like it is and p-sses don't like it" posture that dumber young males love to ape.

We need the folk heroes of that type of borderline Incel / Young Republican to trash Dump as a fake. That would help pop the fat fraud's balloon.

I agree that all those folks are aiming for the same Slim Jims demographic: white drop out losers who worship the rich and hate women. Basically, Republicans.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 04-01-2020, 02:43 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I really want to see Kep in his old age (ok, I guess now it would be REALLY old age) sitting on the porch step watching people walk by and pontificating:

"See that Dr. Mrs. That guy is a middle-aged wannabe pimp who never left the womb because mommy drank too many tequila sunrises during pregnancy and...."

Comment

Working...
                                X